• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cue ball Co-Ax short handle

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
Montana
Started loading 223 on the CoAx and quickly found out 2-300 deprimes later I wanted a shorter handle. Not wanting to wait for something to come in the mail it was time to hit the garage.

It would cost about 15$ to make it if you had to buy it all.

Materials
-3/4" round stock
-Pool cue ball
-Jb weld all purpose

Tools
-drill with 3/4" bit
-bi-metal saw blade
-broken pellet grill as paint booth

20200210_154207.jpg

20200210_154139.jpg

20200210_155833.jpg

20200210_231040.jpg

The copper paint looked way cooler in my head then how it actually turned out. I will probably make another that's black with an 8 ball or 3 ball.

Attachments

• 20200210_231044~2.jpg
    20200210_231044~2.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I don’t think the classic Hurst or the like would be good in use. Cool looking sure.
Part of the reason for the ball head is so the it can slide on your palm. This let’s you not keep the same wrist angle throughout the stroke. This isn’t the best explanation but think about how your hand orients when throwing the long foam covered handle vs. the round ball.
I much prefer the ball head.

All joking aside, I thought it was commented on by others, long ago, that the "d-handle" (was it Redding?) was the most ergonomic for reloading presses?

Great job... when are you taking orders? (Question... similar line of thought... I recently replaced my Dillon ball handle for the roller handle.... what are the chances I could cut that down for use on my coax?)

Great job... when are you taking orders? (Question... similar line of thought... I recently replaced my Dillon ball handle for the roller handle.... what are the chances I could cut that down for use on my coax?)
The Dillon should work with a little slop if Google is right.

Found an old Post that says the threaded portion of the Dillon is ~.543 and the part above it is .623... The coax has a "handle hole" of ~ .75"

If I was making it, and those dimensions were correct, I'd cut the threaded portion off and make a layer of epoxy over the part I was going to put into the coax.. then sand down until it fits snug....

You are resourceful! ??. I have the original Dillon handle collecting dust... reformat or spend $18 and buy a Forster “short” handle direct... too bad Dillon didn’t offer an exchange program... two primer tubes for every handle! ?

Impressive! Does anyone out there sell these? Looking to buy an 8 ball for my Forester.
Would you be interested in making one for me? If so, please provide pricing.

I think you are on to something that could be sold on the market.

Greg