• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Cull Buck Mistake

Re: Cull Buck Mistake

So what is the fine for that shit?

Is the cull just to get the weaker genes out of the field? We don't really have that problem up here....dudes are blasting spikes and happy with that!!!

Ive got two buddys that have game ranches. Both of them have stories like these about hunters that came out for a cull hunt and left a $12000 check behind for shooting the wrong deer.

Stories like that are why I wont go out to their places for cull or doe hunts.

Fucking idiots.

DSM, its not a fine...its a price. Those ranches charge by the inch. You shoot something like that, and its at least a 4 figure mistake. Probably 5 figures.

Gotta hate it for that fella. He's obviously sick about it. Or maybe just pretending to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta hate it for that fella. He's obviously sick about it. Or maybe just pretending to be. </div></div>

I'm guessing he's not pretending due to the fact he will have to pay a large lump of money for that one.

Good reason NOT to hunt their ranch.....pay to shoot a dinker which is a favor for them and pay even more to kill a masher? I am guessing the Guide/Rancher was the asshole who drove off? Mad because he could have charged someone alot more money to use his land to plan to kill a masher?

I have shot small does thinking they were bigger than they were, but how in the hell do you mistake that for a cull. Need to put away that rifle for a while.

Mike

Relax, the whole video was set up and everyone in the video was in on it. The video was posted on the ranch website. The "guide" is the ranch owner...

That was insane.

Poor bastard.

Thanks for sharing.

Freaking funny as hell.

I believe by as many apologies as he was laying on before he located the deer, he definitely knew what he shot. On the other hand it did look pretty dark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta hate it for that fella. He's obviously sick about it. Or maybe just pretending to be. </div></div>

He knew from the jump... he walked up to the truck and says "I hope I didn't make a mistake?"
Gotta wonder the thought process behind turning guys loose without supervision on a cull hunt.

He knew exactly what he did. That's a 15K+ deer for a fat ass super client.

TX and whitetails, all it takes is money.

Yea, those big ones are everywhere.

We have ranches full of them.

CrownsClassicShadow507.jpg

I read from a guy, who was taking the video (I guess its true), say that the guy who actually shot the deer was the guy who was pissed and drove off.

The whole video was staged and it was just a prank on their friends who weren't there. but the email and video made it out on the net so now we get to call the "guy" that made the mistake a dumb ass.

fake or real or prank that is some funny shit!!!!!

+1 on the 15k for 180" class. These days 200"-ers are 20k+. Usually cull hunts are managed by one on one Guiding. I was sent a copy of this vid years ago and it still is funny today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xNF 9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lancer said:
.....He's obviously sick about it. Or maybe just pretending to be. </div></div>

I would say it is a set-up.

One less buck for Bill Jordan & crew to "hunt" for the Monster Bucks video series...
But then again, I'm sure there are plenty more test tube sperm sired, pellet fed, farm raised "wild" whitetail cattle around for them to shoot...

jeffbird, how much for a guided hunt on The Bird Ranch? I'd rather shot that bull for the money. A wider rack for the mount and a hella of alot more steaks to go with the beers.

HA! Way better eat'n, and actually a better set of hooters!

Boy's where I'm from, that buck in the Cull video isn't a GREAT deer. If it wasn't for the drop, he's a dink! Certainly not worth the cash that you fellas speak of!

I'd have more fun shoot'n hogs and jacks.

RTA - ain't that the truth. fwiw - that was a collective "we" for all of Texas. I don't own a ranch, just spend time on some.

Gunner, if that is a dink, I want to come visit you!

OK,,,,,,maybe not a total dink, and yes, that deer is considered a dink in this part of the woods. Of course we make fun of ranch/fence hunts and we only talk about the big ones around here.

Interesting video though.

Open range ranches are one thing, and high fence operations are another. They are two very different worlds, which should not be confused. The deer are free ranging and wild on the open range ranches, and are trapped animals on the latter. Unfortunately, the push for inches is creating more and more high fence operations all over the US and Canada.

Understood, but the inches still register the same regardless of fence or not.

Not to me at least. A free ranging 150 is a much better deer in my eyes, than a 190 taken in a high fence hunt.

Right there with you 100%, but from the Rancher/owner side of it, money talks.

That was some funny shit!

I feal for the guy, but the best part is the dude laughing in
the background the whole time!

I mentioned this thread to my wife, and said something about the absolute need to identify your target before you shoot. She replied "Good advice from a guy who shot his own chronograph."
laugh.gif

Graham,now that's some funny shit!!! Telling her about target id and you shot your on chroney. Fast on her part though. I let out no info on accidents to the wife, make her hunt to find.

I've never hunted on ranch with a high fenced in area. I find it hard to be really proud of taking an animal under such conditions. I think this was staged from what I've read years back, it this is the same video I've seen before.

"Uh Oh". Hope you Brought your Check Book Boy. "Boy Your are Dumb Ass" No Fuck That what were you thinking!! I don't even Know what to say. "Your full of shit Swiney"...

Lucky that boy didn't shoot his ass for killing that deer...

That happened at a Ranch in Norther Michigan about 10 years ago. Dumb Schmuck didn't see the fence and he shot the 240" Breeder Buck in his 1/2 Acre pen.. Fella got sued and it cost him nearly 80k not including legal fee's...

Moral Of The Story... DON'T go hunting on a ranch if your CAN'T hoof Score an Animal...

Fucking Idiot...
whistle.gif

The first time I saw this video bout a year ago, I spent the next three days with a moderate hernia.." So he wasan't ..spit...a cull?"

Update - One of my friends that guides on a large ranch near this one sent me a note. He knows some of the guys in the video, and it was a spoof. I'm still laughing anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what is the fine for that shit?

Is the cull just to get the weaker genes out of the field? We don't really have that problem up here....dudes are blasting spikes and happy with that!!! </div></div>

Yea it is the same way up here in MI. They shoot anything with horns. Even if there are only half the size of a pencil. That thing was HUGE!!

Since it's a spoof I will assume that the buck wasn't actually shot in that light.

If it was shot within 5-10 mins of that light he shouldn't have been shooting. It's too dark to ID a deer, and most of the guys in the truck appeared to be crackin' the brews already.

$9350 for a 167" buck?!!!! I can't even come close to imagining it. I guess if you want to and have the money, but nearly ten grand!!