• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Cult classics... since there doesn't seem to be a thread... And we need some movies to watch!

The Great Escape
Sand Pebbles
Magnificent 7 (original)
Any Abbot And Costello movies
Quiggly Down Under
Silverado
Bullit
Vanishing Point
Hooper
Stroker Ace
The Wild Bunch

Last edited:
Reactions: Rio2019 and fx77
Possibly posted before due to the age, but an interesting movie regardless.

Repo a genetic opera
Happiness
Gumo
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Punch drunk love
Spanglish

1611633752183.png

Lonesome Dove
Tombstone
3000 Miles to Graceland
The Equalizer
Book of Eli
Good Will Hunting
Lawless
Road House

I spit on your grave. True cult classic. 17 people saw it in the theater.

Reactions: Yasherka
Wow some good movies missed so far.

The Hollywood Nights
Slap Shot
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Full Metal Jacket
Falling Down
Roller Ball
Silent Running
Death Race 2000
Aloha Bobby and Rose
American Graffiti
Bullitt
Two Lane Blacktop
Blues Brothers
Vanishing Point
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Easy Rider
Night of the Living Dead
One Million Years BC
The Deep
Phantasm

Debbie Does Dallas
Behind the Green Door
Deep Throat
The Devil in Miss Jones

A Man Who Would be King
History of the World..by Mel Brooks
Life of Brian. .. by Monte Python
Pete's Dragon (can even be watched with kids)
Lawrence of Arabia
Secondhand Lions (another one that can be watched with kids)
True Romance (it isn't anything like what you would expect. The cast is fabulous and it is more adventure than romance)
Pulp Fiction
Django

A good way to find great movies is to look up Academy Award nominations for various years. If you check various categories of nominees, you can find interesting stuff. I usually look for best picture, best actor, best special effects, best supporting actor, and look at the nominees for categories too as there are many that I think should have won, that didn't quite make the final cut.

The Eagle Has Landed
Zulu
The Omen
Zardoz
The Lost Command
All The Kings Men
All Quiet on the Western Front
Sergeant York
Band of Brothers
The French Connection
Jaws
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Longest Day
Vertigo
Citizen Kane
A Bridge Too Far
so many more

Forrest Gump
The Fifth Element
Shawshank Redemption
Star Wars a New Hope/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi
Amadeus
Princess Bride
Scarlet Pimpernel
Ferris Bueller's day off
The Great Escape
Dirty Dozen
Kelly's Heros
Month Python movies
Back to the future
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Mad Max 2 became a cult movie

Not sure about cult classics, but some of the ones that we repeat watch -

The Blues Brothers
Blazing Saddles
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Princess Bride
13th Warrior
Monte Walsh
Heavy Metal (I watch this every time my wife is out of town. She hates it)
Kill Bill (same)
Drive Angry
the Die Hard series, with the original every Christmas
Blues Brothers 2000 (stupid movie, outstanding music)
RED, RED 2

Brother in town, watched Rollerball (James Caan 1975) and "Play Misty for Me" (Clint Eastwood 1971).

-Apocalypse Now

-Platoon

-Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula (Didnt get a lot of review but the plot, acting, cinematography, and scenery were excellent)

-A miracle on 42 Street

-Blues Brothers

-Ghostbusters

What great movies...all! However, for me, a true heroic movie, and one that highlights the bond between man and dog is Togo. This is the true story of one musher, Leonard Sepula, and his lead dog, Togo, that face insurmountable odds in delivering diphtheria serum to Nome, Alaska during a deadly diphtheria outbreak. The Ididirod Dog Sled Race was created in honor of this heroic event and the dogs and mushers that participated. Such a great movie...
togo.jpg

Attachments

• togo 2.jpg
    togo 2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
What great movies...all! However, for me, a true heroic movie, and one that highlights the bond between man and dog is Togo. This is the true story of one musher, Leonard Sepula, and his lead dog, Togo, that face insurmountable odds in delivering diphtheria serum to Nome, Alaska during a deadly diphtheria outbreak. The Ididirod Dog Sled Race was created in honor of this heroic event and the dogs and mushers that participated. Such a great movie...View attachment 7539248

Havent seen it but just the photo makes me think of moving to Costa Rica. I hate snow.

Not a movie but "The Prisoner" TV series from 1967-68. Lot of interesting points of convergence with the modern times; gaslighting, strong sense of self, the individual being seen as a danger etc.

Momento

Hostel

Pulp Fiction

Cool Hand Luke

All Star Trek movies

Jackal

Arlington Road

I am Legend

Braveheart

Grindhouse

Y Tu Mama Tambien

A Man Who Would be King
History of the World..by Mel Brooks
Life of Brian. .. by Monte Python
Pete's Dragon (can even be watched with kids)
Lawrence of Arabia
Secondhand Lions (another one that can be watched with kids)
True Romance (it isn't anything like what you would expect. The cast is fabulous and it is more adventure than romance)
Pulp Fiction
Django

A good way to find great movies is to look up Academy Award nominations for various years. If you check various categories of nominees, you can find interesting stuff. I usually look for best picture, best actor, best special effects, best supporting actor, and look at the nominees for categories too as there are many that I think should have won, that didn't quite make the final cut.

You got a lot of Tarantino stuff, (True Romance was written by him as was Natural Born Killers and a lot of others).

GOT to see "Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood" --it's his best so far. Instant classic.

"The Captain" is an interesting BW German film about a true story of a deserter in WW2 who finds a German captain uniform and does a bunch of fucked up shit.