• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Cup 2014 is there a thread?

Anyone tell me where from Ft. Morgan, the cup will be held?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Its a ways north of Fort Morgan, I want to say 20ish minutes, maybe a little more or less depending on the skinny pedal.

Has any COF details been worked out yet? I can only fit in a couple shoots a year and don't want to waste my time crawling thru culverts when I could be shooting. Trying to decide which match might have more shooting versus jumping around. I was able to watch some of last years shooting and thought it looked good and planned on shooting it this year but if its going to turn into an obstacle course, I think I'll just go to to gym and save the trip.

Part of the fun of the Cup is that Frank is always mixing things up and keeping it fresh. The nature of tactical matches pretty much guarantees some movement and some awkward and compromised shooting positions. Frank isn't dumb, its not going to be a bunch of jogging and pushups with shooting thrown in. If you would rather sit at a bench with a chair, sunshade, and all your toys spread out, there's always benchrest. The culvert was a two position stage. You shot at a few targets, jumped into the culvert and shot through the Deaf Tube at a few more and you were done. Have some faith, brother, it's going to be worth it.

Guys, I am gonna be writing it up and opening registration in about a week or so, the registration should be available around February 1st give or take a day.

Gonna change the cost from $300 to $250, and again, you'll be able to use the SH Store, and buy your slot with no question you are in the match. Pay for it all in one shot.

But we are building the pages now and soon we'll have the official details posted.

As I noted, there will be no cost for the Train Up and instead of an official train up, we will open the range up at 8AM on Thursday morning. We'll have a practice and sight in range available and targets out to distance. This part of the range will not be used in the competition but will be available for the shooters to use and for manufacturers Demo of products.

So there will be no cost for the use of the range on Thursday.

I am waiting for 100% confirmation on the changes for 2014...

Dates are looking like the weekend of the 23rd of May 2014.

I am in negotiations to possibly move it to within 1 hour of Denver proper. (DIA is about 50 minutes away) So logistically it should be much easier for people.

But I have not gotten official word yet so rather than string people along I wanted to wait until I knew for sure. I am supposed to know this week, we are 99% there as of this weekend.

DIA 50min away? Im a bit surprised this is the main reason, but I guess it makes sense. Hopefully quite a few DIA employees show up, Id love to get the chance to talk to someone that works in the Defense Intelligence Agency, I bet they know some real interesting stuff.

ETA: wait a second...... I may have got that a bit mixed up....

Cup 2014 is there a thread?

I've been to the location and I'm skeptical of the 1 hour from DIA info. Is there a faster way from DIA [MENTION=7]Lowlight[/MENTION]?
Or is it not going to be where I'm thinking?
8uve2e6e.jpg

From the Exit 66A to the Airport Google maps shows 50 Minutes at 59 Miles. The Range is about 20 minutes off the highway, so from the range directly it should be about 1:30 max. It's a straight shot down I-76 and the speed limit is 75MPH. You can easily do 80 on there without an issue.

But it's before Fort Morgan and they have that listed as 77 miles from DIA... you cut off 76 at Barr Lake and it brings you in the back way to the airport.

As I have noted, if you select your flight for 6PM or later you should be 100% okay even being at the Airport 2 hours ahead of time. I suspect the entire event will be finished by 1PM or so on Sunday, if you rushed you could make a 4:30 flight without issue.

Looks like I will make it for my first big comp, looking forward to it!

Frank, I'm getting a group of local guys together for this, has camping been confirmed on site, or should we be looking at one of the other places you mentioned?

Looks like showers at the public pool in Fort Morgan are offered for those planning on dry camping, just remember to bring your tactical soap-on-a-rope in case snaggle-toothed deliverance types are around. :)

Also curious if the prize table is expected to be as good as it was said to be in years past? I'll be there either way, would just be cool to have a chance at winning some new gear!

From Park Website:

"Showers are available at the pool for $1.50 when it is open. Showers are also available at the Recreation Department, 528 State Street, for $1.50. Call for hours available of both locations – 970-542-3921. Furnish own towel and soap at both locations. No water at park."

Last edited:
From the Exit 66A to the Airport Google maps shows 50 Minutes at 59 Miles. The Range is about 20 minutes off the highway, so from the range directly it should be about 1:30 max. It's a straight shot down I-76 and the speed limit is 75MPH. You can easily do 80 on there without an issue.

But it's before Fort Morgan and they have that listed as 77 miles from DIA... you cut off 76 at Barr Lake and it brings you in the back way to the airport.

As I have noted, if you select your flight for 6PM or later you should be 100% okay even being at the Airport 2 hours ahead of time. I suspect the entire event will be finished by 1PM or so on Sunday, if you rushed you could make a 4:30 flight without issue.

Yeah I can go with 1-1/2 hours if you don't mess around. I'm driving from NE WY so it doesn't really matter to me but I have a few buddies flying in to DIA. Looking forward to the match!