• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current military now eligible for food stamps

What's the big deal?

I mean these programs exist to help people when they need a hand, no?

And help with food means the money will be well spent....

Funny, I remember paying taxes while serving. So I guess I was self employed.......
You somehow believe that your private sector funded job and paycheck somehow also funds your private sector funded job and paycheck? 😳 Your brain works in interesting ways my man.

You somehow believe that your private sector funded job and paycheck somehow also funds your private sector funded job and paycheck? 😳 Your brain works in interesting ways my man.
WTF are you talking about. People in the MIL pay taxes...... that is what the "private sector" does also to pay for the MIL as you were refer to.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
WTF are you talking about. People in the MIL pay taxes...... that is what the "private sector" does also to pay for the MIL as you were refer to.

When the plate comes around in church, you take grab $50 out and put 5 bucks back in, you still took $45 from the church

Reactions: Charger442
When the plate comes around in church, you take grab $50 out and put 5 bucks back in, you still took $45 from the church

I will bet you I pay much more then you do in taxes. I know for .sure that I make more then a garbage man.

I will bet you I pay much more then you do in taxes. I know for .sure that I make more then a garbage man.

Brah, I’m a hamster milker

Though I do thank garbage guys for their service, as they provide a good service and put themselves in the path of danger more than police, current mil, school teachers, or any of the other special snow flakes

Also I think you missed the point

Funny, I remember paying taxes while serving. So I guess I was self employed.......
Me too.

Still think I made an impact up until my retirement a few years ago, with every enlistment/reenlistment and promotion I officiated by emphasizing our allegiance to The Constitution…not the government, the service, and certainly no person. I think it’s bloated beyond belief right now, but a well trained and equipped military is one of the very few functions I actually believe must be run at the Federal level.

Proud of my service, but happier that I’m back in the real world now…wish I’d punched out earlier to be honest; a lot more earning potential on the outside. And yeah, the taxes that come with it.

Things are tapering off now with this shit economy, but I paid more in taxes in 2018 and again in 2019 than I ever made in annual salary when I was in the military. Every check we wrote to the IRS pissed me off, but I’d still rather be paying taxes on money I earned through dint of my labors than to not have the opportunity to earn it in the first place.

so yeah @wade2big I served, and earned my paycheck honorably while in, and continue to do so in the private sector…thankfully nowhere near any government agency or entity. I was ready for something completely different for my second career, and man did I find it!

Reactions: John Glidewell
The gov’t does not create money. The private sector does. You grabbing a handful out of the bucket filled by the labor of the private sector man and tossing a few dollars back in is not adding to the revenue collected by the theft of private citizens.
Sounds like you need to start a lobby to stop the taxing of .gov employees since they don’t contribute.

That is damn disgusting. A sad statement about us and this country.
its sad. but maybe its sad because the bar to get food stamps is so low. it should be a last resort hand-up that people get when all other options are exhausted. the mil shouldnt be paid where they need foodstamps for their family.

Sounds like you need to start a lobby to stop the taxing of .gov employees since they don’t contribute.

it would be the same end result, if government employees salaries were reduced by the income taxes they paid every year and they then paid no income taxes.

i dont know how its willful dissonance that people cant understand what Wade is saying. What he says is true about government not being able to create money or wealth. all of the money government gets is taken first from a private citizen.

im not arguing the merits or drawbacks of "government service" and the need for government jobs. that's Wade's forte. not mine.

but the water bucket and church analogies are right, even if it pisses people off that are current or former military. no one likes to be told they dont contribute. they may contribute in different ways but paying taxes is not a virtuous task, regardless of what the commies want you to think.

The military, like the rest of the government agencies, most notably education, has become largely a jobs program.

they may contribute in different ways but paying taxes is not a virtuous task,
That’s two for stopping the tax on .gov because it serves no purpose. I feel a petition to the gubment coming soon.

Technically, the .mil does pay income tax, but he is correct about the end result. Now, if the government were to nationalize all businesses, it could turn a profit and his argument would be voided. I expect we'll eventually reach that point and everyone will be happy to work for the .gov.

Reactions: OldSalty2
im in, as long as that removal of taxes paid corresponds with an equal reduction in pay. the end result is still the same.
So you want the military to work for free. Maybe be part time and have a real job, maybe be ready if they are needed, maybe not

The private sector men like myself fund it all. Gov’t only takes from us and gov employees pay no taxes, the same as welfare rats. We have more right to speak of the military than any gov’t man including those currently serving and obeying the illegal orders of an unconstitutional commander and chief.
????? So, no taxes are taken out of government employees checks? Damn, I guess all those government employees didn't get the memo because the admittingly self liking ice cream cone does and always has occurred, i.e. government employees do pay taxes. I have no idea where you got the idea that they don't? Because that assumption of yours is 100% wrong.

Fair enough. Just remember I don’t say what I say out of hate. The men that comprise “uncle sam” hates the military serviceman or they wouldn’t send them off to die in unnecessary wars while destroying their homeland while they are away. I say what I say because I care about these naive and mostly well meaning young men that don’t know any better and the people that should be watching out for then have succumbed to gov’t propaganda.
Oh look our savior:rolleyes::rolleyes::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So you want the military to work for free. Maybe be part time and have a real job, maybe be ready if they are needed, maybe not

im not sure if you are being obtuse or just blinded by anger. i never said that what you claim

if a person gets paid $80k and has to pay $15k of that in taxes, wouldnt it be the same if they were paid $65k and paid no taxes?

the money they made, took home, earned would be the same. there would just be no cycle of taking money out of a bucket and putting it right back in the bucket.

Reactions: 91Eunozs

What's interesting is that was kind of the utopian idea at the start of this country of the citizen soldier etc.
But very quickly it was realized that nope, you actually need at least a small version of a standing, professional, paid, on the job always, military.
And then it was also found out that yep you actually needed a paid, well equipped, professional navy that was out doing navy stuff and kicking asses or ready to kick them all the time.

So as much as it differs from the utopian ideal, in the real world you pretty much have to have a paid military or pay someone to be the military for you otherwise you'll get around to realizing that after a bunch of dying.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
im not sure if you are being obtuse or just blinded by anger. i never said that what you claim

if a person gets paid $80k and has to pay $15k of that in taxes, wouldnt it be the same if they were paid $65k and paid no taxes?

the money they made, took home, earned would be the same. there would just be no cycle of taking money out of a bucket and putting it right back in the bucket.
Not even close to angry

What's interesting is that was kind of the utopian idea at the start of this country of the citizen soldier etc.
But very quickly it was realized that nope, you actually need at least a small version of a standing, professional, paid, on the job always, military.
And then it was also found out that yep you actually needed a paid, well equipped, professional navy that was out doing navy stuff and kicking asses or ready to kick them all the time.

So as much as it differs from the utopian ideal, in the real world you pretty much have to have a paid military or pay someone to be the military for you otherwise you'll get around to realizing that after a bunch of dying.
Carrot and the stick.

Until I hit E5 I was under the poverty line in my HOR. My BAH doubled my salary and was untaxed, so I was doing fine for a young newly single guy.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin