• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Curse of Oak Island

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Oh My God,

1. I love this show, I firmly believe when it all comes out it will change North American History

2. and this HUUGE

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 5.22.46 PM.png

Rick started following me on Twitter, are ya jealous or are ya jealous

I have been watching that show for a few years. Interesting stuff. The one brother is bank rolling that whole project. He made a whole lot of money in oil and gas... hundreds of millions...
    It's definitely an interesting way to spend money though.

If I recall right, I think they were spending about 5 Million a season in work, what part of that is subsidized I have no idea, but I read some where they were bankrolling the dig to the Tune of $5M per year is their budget

Reactions: Slash0311
    I stopped watching it a while back. Are they actually finding stuff underground in the so called secret tunnels.

Reactions: BCP
    I truly hope they find what they are looking for. So many "reality" shows I have seen, particularly those searching for proof of cryptids/alien/etc all follow the same path, they rehash all the known and hypothesized information, spend a bunch of time and money and employ top of the line equipment to search for evidence and come up with nothing. Then try to spin it as they will get luckier next time.

I want results. I have lost enough of my lifetime worried that everything worth finding and doing has been found and done, I need some new hope!

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    I stopped watching it a while back. Are they actually finding stuff underground in the so called secret tunnels.
    Sometimes they'll pull up some interesting stuff.

Theres definitely something very interesting going on at the island that goes back centuries and centuries. @lowlight aint joking here, its a really weird situation and actually does have the potential to rewrite history if we ever find out for example who constructed the money pit originally and what the hell they were trying to hide..

Reactions: mi223
    They are finding things for sure,

They have recently uncovered a tunnel system that might have some promise, it's in a weird spot and at an odd depth which they believe is above the flooding.

There is definitely a complex tunnel system well underground below 90ft, it just appears there is more than one. Then they uncovered the roman style road in the swamp.
    The swamp looks man made and they found a lot of very old construction that goes back to late 1600s

If I recall right, I think they were spending about 5 Million a season in work, what part of that is subsidized I have no idea, but I read some where they were bankrolling the dig to the Tune of $5M per year is their budget
    In 1995 the brother Marty sold his first company that he founded for $58 million bucks. Then he went on to found another one which he still operates. He's easily in the hundreds of millions. Also a lot of these drilling companies and the like would never take on a job like they do on Oak Island. The brother has the connections to make things happen though.

They are finding things for sure,

They have recently uncovered a tunnel system that might have some promise, it's in a weird spot and at an odd depth which they believe is above the flooding.

There is definitely a complex tunnel system well underground below 90ft, it just appears there is more than one. Then they uncovered the roman style road in the swamp.
    The swamp looks man made and they found a lot of very old construction that goes back to late 1600s
    The episodes where they went to Portugal was definitely interesting. That to me was insane.

Reactions: SWgeezer
    Oh My God,

1. I love this show, I firmly believe when it all comes out it will change North American History

2. and this HUUGE

View attachment 8020889

Rick started following me on Twitter, are ya jealous or are ya jealous
    I think there's a lot of history that we've not even begun to grasp:

I’ve always wondered that. Good luck to them and hope you get a reach around when they hit it big!!!

still think all the big money was taken off the island by that black guy who mysteriously got the money to buy all those lots . have they found more than a coin or two or a hob nail and a trinket , someone's kid is pranking them dropping things here and there just to keep them going . I just don't see them recooping the money they spent so far .

I can't stand the narration. I want to kick that fucker in the nuts. That aside, it is getting good. They are no longer ameture treasure hunters. Serious strides last 2 years. I think they solve it this year.

Reactions: Rich4 and Slash0311
    The legend / lore is really interesting. As pointed out by @alamo5000 , portugal was really cool.

Also, enough with thr freemasonry. We get it, but damn. Its always "could this be the long lost connection to the knights templar, free masonry, the birth of christ, free energy, aliens, and cenitpedes in my vagina ?". Narration is excessive.

Cool show, and the main guys seem like real good dudes to have a beer (or wine!) With

If I can recall correctly, I read somewhere that one of the shows writers was name Theis.

• Wow
    Reactions: iceng
    This show reminds me of me waiting for teotwawki. After prepping for 15 years and watching an accelerated decline in society will 2023 bring me the reward of SHTF where I no longer have to work and pay taxes and get to defend my property from lib zombies??? Tune in next year to find out.

Meanwhile in 2068... here lies UNRL Ghandi never having experienced the joy of the "End Times" or having learned the real secrets of Oak Island.

Reactions: BCP
    If they would have followed the above ground clues, and not started digging the money pit, they might have found it already.

Anyone wanting to read some more stuff about this kind of thing can look up Victorio peak, Charles Kenworthy, KGC, Jesuit signs and symbols. Some people who follow these things say the spanish were here following ancient monumented trails to ancient mines and cashes. If you hit treasure net and go to the subform treasure marks and signs. There are some threads in there that have some pretty cool pictures and pretty interesting ideas. I don't know if there are any threads left there from Olddog, but he was one who knew a lot, and posted a lot of pictures of stuff. There is lots of it all through Mexico, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, and I am sure Oklahoma and TX, I know of multiple monumented trails running out of CO into OK anyway.

More awareness could help lead to less destruction of these monuments.

If they would have followed the above ground clues, and not started digging the money pit, they might have found it already.
    Why do you say that?

Would you not agree that whatever is being hidden in the money pit is the "secret" to Oak Island??
    Why would the constructors go to such pains building such an elaborate trap if there wasn't some major secret in there..??

Reactions: SWgeezer
    Why do you say that?

Would you not agree that whatever is being hidden in the money pit is the "secret" to Oak Island??
    Why would the constructors go to such pains building such an elaborate trap if there wasn't some major secret in there..??
    I think it is likely there was another way to get to the bottom of the "money pit" without digging at that spot and triggering the water traps. I don't think these things were buried without a plan for recovery. I would also say, what ever is buried may not be a the bottom the of the money pit, as in straight below the hole at the top of the ground.

Last edited:
    There was a guy that was on the show that made a 4 hour documentary called, “Sweet Swan of Avon”. It was extremely interesting. He posited that the original manuscripts of Shakespeare were treasure maps leading to Oak Island. I think he’s right, whether there’s anything left or not…

I've watched from the beginning. I also read the original article that got Rick and Marty hooked.

I agree that the black farmer, Samuel Ball probably found something and kept his mouth shut.

I like to think that treasure is still buried there but feel it's unlikely. But I agree that in the last few years they have upped their game. Finding gold in the water samples shows promise but I can't help but be a skeptic at this point.

Why do you say that?

Its also possible its already been recovered, and the people who recovered it, hung the block and tackle over the depression as bait. A million different possibilities. The thing could be pre-iceage buried complex like they are finding in Turkey right now for that matter, it could have been built when the ocean was much lower, and the "water traps" could be vent tubes. To go full on ancient aliens.

The only treasure there could be history. There is a lot of untold history of North America, a lot of it was destroyed and made by the spanish from 1500-1800. Some of it like the Oghm writings are likely something else, and much older; but no one will talk about them.

Its also possible its already been recovered, and the people who recovered it, hung the block and tackle over the depression as bait. A million different possibilities. The thing could be pre-iceage buried complex like they are finding in Turkey right now for that matter, it could have been built when the ocean was much lower, and the "water traps" could be vent tubes. To go full on ancient aliens.

The only treasure there could be history. There is a lot of untold history of North America, a lot of it was destroyed and made by the spanish from 1500-1800. Some of it like the Oghm writings are likely something else, and much older; but no one will talk about them.
    Man Im open to anything at this point. Bob Lazar(who's stories are proving more and more true all the time) said out of the 9 alien spacecrafts he had access to while at Area 51, 2 of them were apparently found at fckn archaeological dig sites! :oops:

All these shows are soap operas for grown men. My hopes and dreams were dashed when a close relative appeared on American Pickers… they act like it’s two guys just driving around and “picking America”…. BS- there were no fewer than 17 vehicles traveling with them. Entire research teams involved. They were super cool guys (also used the F word like a comma) but also said they each made like $70k per episode….. there’s treasure out there, but it ain’t what’s being sold.

Reactions: Loner
    All these shows are soap operas for grown men. My hopes and dreams were dashed when a close relative appeared on American Pickers… they act like it’s two guys just driving around and “picking America”…. BS- there were no fewer than 17 vehicles traveling with them. Entire research teams involved. They were super cool guys (also used the F word like a comma) but also said they each made like $70k per episode….. there’s treasure out there, but it ain’t what’s being sold.
    I live about 10 minutes from their original Antique Archaeology shop in LeClaire, Iowa. Tying this back to the original thread, there are a lot of NFC North football fans in this area. Earlier this year I saw a meme asking the question "What happens first, the Minnesota Vikings win a Super Bowl or they find treasure on Oak Island?"

We've watched Oak Island from the beginning. Aside from the treasure hunt, we find the history very interesting. There is definitely more than meets the eye going on there. That said, the show is often irritating...the narrator who overblows every find with a series of questions suggesting possibly great importance to each item using the same voice inflections over and over, every single time...they spend about half of every show recapping things that happened on the last show or even minutes ago on the show you are watching...they have to introduce to the same cast of characters show after show after show. I'm convinced you could condense that show down to an action-packed 15 minutes and not miss a single thing from the normally hour-long show.

I'll admit that I don't think there is treasure left on the island and I'm watching for the story of it to be discovered.

But at the same time, if the water testing results are accurate, then SOMETHING has to be there.

I would love to see Rick and Marty solve this puzzle. I think that the two of them are trying very hard to find the truth about what happended.

there is a legend of buried treasure in my backyard; supposedly a stone was found 200 years ago with undecipherable scratches on it, which one expert translated to mean "In this spot, in an area 20x40', 8' deep at one end and 3' deep at the other, treasure is buried!

Anachronistic artifacts have been found in the yard, which might be Phoenecian. Strange diecast objects that resemble small automobiles and round disc shaped pieces of metal. They have been estimated to date anywhere from 6,000BC to 1997. Bizzarely enough, some of these objects bear the images of early American presidents.

If anyone wants to come out and excavate the spot, go for it. you can keep any Templar or Rosicrucian treasure you find. Just try to keep it in that 20x40 footprint with clean sides, and don't mess up the rest of the yard. Don't worry, I'll figure out what to do with the hole later.