• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CURTIS AXIOM -The story behind it

Chase Curtis

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2017
Gents~

Thank you for everyone's support. Joel and I, and the rest of the team, are constantly improving and upgrading our products. It's been a long journey to get where we are now, and the reality is we are just getting started.

I want to explain the details regarding the inception of the Axiom.

The AXIOM:

the inception of the AXIOM was to provide a quality action at an affordable price that would replace having to trueing the 700.... As the action came into the market, we started listening to the feedback, and immediately started implementing changes. Since the idea was to keep the price down, we had to pick our battles... as to what we would change/upgrade or not... The problem we ran into is two fold: the action was designed mainly as a hunting action.. not for chassis and the exterior finish was reflective of the price. The price at the time was $750. (rather quickly we realized we couldn't do it for this price) We had to adapt. We have since cleaned up any and all tool marks... we apply a proprietary DLC coat to all the bolts, and made some tolerance changes to allow a direct fit into chassis systems. We hold .001" of headspace tolerance on every action we make. I welcome you to ask Phil Cashin with MPA or Robert with Alamo Precision, as they have chambered more of these actions than anyone. We have employed some of the best minds in the industry to further our timing and fire control etc... long story short.. the original product idea is gone. The action is no longer just a replacement to the 700. It's come into its own... we had to listen to what the shooters and the market wanted and make changes to accommodate . As such, I can tell you, there will be a price increase sooner than later, as we can not produce an action that the Axiom has become, at the price it sits at. It has become a great hybrid/hunting/tactical action. But remember the vector is made More for "Tactical"....

THE VECTOR

This was our flagship action to begin with.. we tabled the project once the Axiom started growing. As said above the time has been spent perfecting the Axiom. We are finalizing the Vector prints now. It will have an integrated rail, integrated lug. It will have a larger mag port to work perfectly with an ARC mag or any other longer OAL mag...Along with some other proprietary features that we can't disclose YET. it will not have a mechanical ejector.. I understand some people don't like a plunger. Out of the thousands of rounds we did during beta testing and the thousands after once in market I have yet to hear or see a round fail to eject. We manufacture everything in the action. We do not use a PTG kit for the extractor or ejector. We can control the quality this way. The Vector will not have controlled round feed. We do not want to be a 'me too" and just add more bells and whistles that at the end of the day don't add much to the function and reliability of the action. But some of the features it has in store will be different and better, that I promise. We will more than likely only offer the vector in FULL DLC.

We are a small operation.. we try like hell to return every email and phone call we can. I know we miss some... for that I apologize. Keep sending an email or txt and we WILL GET BACK TO YOU.​
Joel and I stand behind our products, and will always do our best to make sure your happy with your action or product. We are shooters too... we don't like getting screwed or being treated badly. We try very had to treat our customers how we would want to be treated.
We are humbled by the amount of support and interest our shooting community has extended to us. For that we are grateful.

Thank you for the support!! We have no business without YOU​

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigrederic
Ive only been following your action loosley, but the vector seem attractive. Can you give us any details on the pricepoint, availability, pre-orders, etc.?

Thank you.

I really love the effort put forth to communicate and be transparent with the customers! I'm been following these actions pretty closely, and eagerly await the day I can afford to add a Vector-based build to my stable!

Chase- I'm very excited to get a Vector when you finalize them. I know it will take the place of my current Axiom and Tempest. It'll look dang good in that JAE too!

You turned a 750$ dollar action every one could afford, and would make obsolete customizing a Remington, into just another 1250$ custom action that most can't and won't pay for.

You turned a 750$ dollar action every one could afford, and would make obsolete customizing a Remington, into just another 1250$ custom action that most can't and won't pay for.

Yes, thats correct..to an extent.. when 80% of your customers want a nicer cleaner action.. you make it accordingly. The feedback from our customer base wanted a cleaner product and we did it.

I would also go as far to say it isn't "just another" custom action.. the features it comes with make it stand apart.

Having said that, we are still going to come out with a budget minded version of the axiom that will fill the void the original axiom was intended too.

Ive only been following your action loosley, but the vector seem attractive. Can you give us any details on the pricepoint, availability, pre-orders, etc.?

Thank you.

We are still working on price point but it will be in and around $1300~
We should have our new prototypes done shortly with a hope to have it out mid fall. We will allow pre-orders once we are in production. As we did with the AXIOM, we don't want to hold your money forever...

Chase-

Love hearing the back story. It was great to see a few of your actions at the MPA match a few weeks ago.

I am strongly looking at building a WTO Switchlug based rifle. Are there any plans to offer a 223 bolt in the future for the Axiom?

Having said that, we are still going to come out with a budget minded version of the axiom that will fill the void the original axiom was intended too.

If you made it with the same thread dimensions as small shank savages to allow us to barrel it ourselves, that would be killer.

FrankieJames7: We've talked to some of our engineers about stuff like that... it all comes down to cost and sometimes there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

littlehendrick We are
ABSOLUTELY doing a .223 bolt face

lennyo3034: we are kicking that around!

Thanks guys!

Yes, thats correct..to an extent.. when 80% of your customers want a nicer cleaner action.. you make it accordingly. The feedback from our customer base wanted a cleaner product and we did it.

I would also go as far to say it isn't "just another" custom action.. the features it comes with make it stand apart.

Aren't contradicting yourself here? You were smart to see and react to what the vast majority of your customer base wanted and gave it to them, at a very little rise in price. If you come out with that $750 action, you won't get enough customers to make either viable. I'd say stick to the Axiom and figure out how (better CNC, engineering etc) to add features and keep the price point sub-$1k.

everyone offers needlesly expensive stuff. it's precision shooting. There's a $200 cleaning kit. Yes, $200 where a simple wooden rod does the exact same thing. Offer value but don't cannibalize yourself. Anyway, I think your stuffs great. You're the shortlist for the new build.

That's what I thought the Axiom was..... budget friendly build to make accurizing a Remmy pointless and the Vector was supposed to be the higher end Prs full blown custom

You guys are right... that was the intent of the axiom...
As I have stated above... the demand was for a cleaner better product. We delivered. We are still coming out with APR action that will be an economy based action.
The axiom was our first action released to public. We learned a lot... we are not very good at "settling" if we were we wouldn't be in the niche we all fell in love with. The drive for the best is what keeps shooters and manufacturers going on the discipline we are in. I can not stress that we haven't lost sight or forgot the need for a replacement for the 700.

I would be all over a sub 1000 dallar action threaded for small shank savage, like stink on shit.

A budget minded custom action for us budget minded savage shooters...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Chase,

the overall tone of your first post is making me a little bit nervous. I purchased one of the first Axiom actions. As I have had several other things come up, I have yet had the chance to Barrel the action and place it in a chassis. What I want to know is are there going to be any issues when I go to do so?

I care far less about tooling marks then about the consistency in the dimensions of the action and the Tennon threads.