• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

custom 10/22 gallery

chevyboy

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
idaho
thought i would start a thread with custom 10/22 pictures. i am going to be in the process of building mine up soon and thought some cool built 10/22 pics would be cool

Re: custom 10/22 gallery

DSCN0264.jpg

Mostly as it sits now.

Here's a free tip.... don't go down the path I did. 10/22's are best when they are cheap.

what do you mean by that? i wasnt planning anything outrageous. just some trigger work and a good barrel for now. what are your build specs

10/22's have an amazing ability to become $1500 rifles, but don't quite live up to most $1500 expectations. I play with them because I like to tinker. I will probably have others, but I think next time I'm gonna build some SuperStock rifles.

Fix the trigger, de-fuck the action/stock mating arrangement, and add a barrel/stock combo that balances (or work with the as issued) as inclined. You would be 9/10's the way there.

That rifle is a Factory receiver, R/T trigger/rail, and Kidd everything else. B&C Anny stock, Leupy 6x42 glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gary.m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thought i would start a thread with custom 10/22 pictures. i am going to be in the process of building mine up soon and thought some cool built 10/22 pics would be cool </div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">I'll start with my full-custom MOA 10/22:</span>

MOA1022SBOverkill8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillRS8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillLS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Receiver w/ Front & Rear lugs, threaded 3/4-16
Kidd SS 19.25" barrel threaded into receiver (3/4-16) - no shitty V-Block!
Volquartsen SS CNC Bolt and CS Spring w/Power Custom SS Guide Rod
Kidd Two-Stage Trigger in Silver - set to 1 lb. 1st Stage / 8oz. 2nd Stage
Kidd SS Receiver Pin Kit and Kidd Recoil Buffer
McMillan Sporter Stock, Molded-in 75% Black/25% Dark Grey, inletted to accept Rear Lug and Rear Hold down screw to allow free-floating barrel. BC opened to 1" to free-float barrel
Harris BRM-S w/KMW PodLoc

Wearing a S & B PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR CCW w/Seekins High rings on top of a shortened EGW Extended 20 MOA Rail.</span>

Keith

Definitely cheap ......
grin.gif

(and will stay that way)

Free rifle from an inlaw,
butler creek barrel/stock combo already painted from another member on the hide.
Simmons 3-9
knockoff Harris bipod...

P2210047.jpg

Nice rifle, Keith. I have the same McMillan stock, but mine's in woodland camo and has an accessory rail inletted into the bottom of the forend. I have the 21" Clark stainless barrel. I wish I had used an aftermarket receiver which accepts a threaded barrel rather than the factory 10/22 aluminum receiver, so I ended up bedding the barrel and floating the receiver in my McMillan stock.

here is one

4178980479_84a7236ce7_b.jpg

here is the other

4179744480_ee97d6c342_b.jpg

this one has some stuff in it, bolt jeweled and the ... i want to say headspace, but not in a rimfire, the bolt face was milled to make it tighter on the rim of the shell. volq knob, all the usual dealies, extended this, auto release that. power custom hammer. just bead blasted a stock 10/22 to get the stainless look. both are boyd's stocks. id have to check the barrels, i snagged both at gunshows. thats a BSA i got 1/2 off on closeout. damn impulse shopping habit. silver one gets a mueller i think... impossible to get a mildot target knob scope in silver.

@aries : please tell me that your 10/22 doesnt 't have a dedicated S&B! If so, well played sir. Just drooling here...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@aries : please tell me that your 10/22 doesnt 't have a dedicated S&B! If so, well played sir. Just drooling here... </div></div>
No, it doesn't. Although, the way my MOA 10/22 shoots it deserves one. I wish all my rifles had S & Bs' but I cant afford it. That S & B sat in my safe unused while I waited for my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops X-Ray 51</span></span>, until I thought <span style="font-style: italic">"Hell, I have this sweet scope, I might as well make use of it"</span>. Once my X-Ray 51 was ready the S & B found it's way onto it.

However, I have a second PMII 5-25X CM Gen XR at S & B getting a CCW conversion as we speak, and until I can get a 40X clone mini-X-Ray .22 LR repeater built to wear it, S & B #2 will probably go on the MOA 10/22. Its' pretty cool to group headshots on the Desert Ram at 300 yards through the S & B using a 10/22!

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gary.m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thought i would start a thread with custom 10/22 pictures. i am going to be in the process of building mine up soon and thought some cool built 10/22 pics would be cool </div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">I'll start with my full-custom MOA 10/22:</span>

MOA1022SBOverkill8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillRS8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillLS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Receiver w/ Front & Rear lugs, threaded 3/4-16
Kidd SS 19.25" barrel threaded into receiver (3/4-16) - no shitty V-Block!
Volquartsen SS CNC Bolt and CS Spring w/Power Custom SS Guide Rod
Kidd Two-Stage Trigger in Silver - set to 1 lb. 1st Stage / 8oz. 2nd Stage
Kidd SS Receiver Pin Kit and Kidd Recoil Buffer
McMillan Sporter Stock, Molded-in 75% Black/25% Dark Grey, inletted to accept Rear Lug and Rear Hold down screw to allow free-floating barrel. BC opened to 1" to free-float barrel
Harris BRM-S w/KMW PodLoc

Wearing a S & B PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR CCW w/Seekins High rings on top of a shortened EGW Extended 20 MOA Rail.</span>

Keith </div></div>

Should be a motivational poster:
'<span style="font-style: italic">WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO MUCH MONEY....</span>"
Just pulling your chain Keith, nice rifle.
-Felipe

Good God Keith! If you didn't live in Cali you could have bought two Green Hornet's for what that thing cost! But it is badass for sure! KP

This is about as custom as mine is going to get, apart from the can that's going to go on it. Needs a new scope, but this one is working for now.

The only thing still Ruger is the receiver.

guns044.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vanilla Gorilla,
Your signature made me cry laughing sir. </div></div>

+1!

I have 4 but only have pics of 2. First one is the one my father gave me for my 14th birthday. Its been through more different configurations than I can count. Here is its current config.

Ruger receiver
22" Whistle Pig barrel
Offhand Target stock(dont remember who made it)
10oz trigger(done by me)
Power Custom base
Millett Rings
Shitty BSA scope(Waiting on funds for a 10x42 MIL/MIL WOTAC)
Its accurate enough. I shot that Nutria in the head at a little over 100 yards. He was a big SOB.

downsized_0121001502.jpg

An old pic of the same receiver with a different stock and barrel.

10-221.jpg

And another old pic of the same receiver with a different barrel on it. LOL.

Meshootingbenchrest.jpg

Ok. And another 10/22 that I have. This one is in a G36C airsoft gun body. This thing is a lot of fun. Its got a 16" Tac Sol barrel and a 2 pound trigger. One day I will SBR it and cut the barrel off at 10" and thread it. Just havent done it yet.

100_0920.jpg

100_0924.jpg

Impressive optics for an impressive 10/22. Kept mine bone stock while ive been saving for upgrades on the M700. I think I may see another major project on the horizon...
grin.gif

I have a B&C light tactical on my M700 and am extremely pleased. Does the 10/22 version offer the same performance/value combination?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vanilla Gorilla,

+2

i scrolled back up and i had to read it twice but when i started laughing both of my dogs came running inside.

i have a build thread posted somewhere here for this. i think it is too old to come up in a search. maybe someone can find it.

10-2203.jpg

10-2202.jpg

10-2201.jpg

i took an old butler creek barrel, cut it down to 16" then threaded and fluted it. i had a vortex flash hider sitting around doing nothing so i put it on. i made the picatinny rail from scratch. all the metal was finished in flat black moly-resin. i had a aimpoint comp-m sitting around doing nothing so it found a home on this.

turned out to be a very fun high-speed plinker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wildcat78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good God Keith! If you didn't live in Cali you could have bought two Green Hornet's for what that thing cost! But it is badass for sure! KP </div></div>
Keelan -

I sure do wish I could own a Green Hornet - that would be too much fun. I would be perfectly happy with a TAC .30 in SS, although I would rather pony up for a Ti model. At least you can enjoy your .260 Lima and it's suppressor. Your floorplate is the coolest though!

Keith

Here are mine. [img:left]
DSC01124.jpg
[/img]
Ruger receiver
B&C Anschutz stock
Green Mountain 16" ss fluted barrel
Bolt work by Que...jewelled,pinned firing pin, radiused & polished
Trigger w/RT innards appx 2.5 lb
Mueller 4.5-14X40 scope
Tuffer buffer

[email:
GMbreakin001.jpg
]
GMbreakin001.jpg
[/email]
Walnut DSP
Green Mountain 17.5" Heavy taper barrel
R.T. Trigger

The AJ32 B&C is every bit as nice for the 10/22 as the 2956 is for the Rem700 and then some. Lot's for good stocks out there for the Rem 700, but for the 10/22, the AJ32 actually feels like a full size stock. Fit is key!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ol Rob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vanilla Gorilla,

+2

i scrolled back up and i had to read it twice but when i started laughing both of my dogs came running inside. </div></div>

I'm glad you fellers liked it.
grin.gif

Bad pic but here is one the wife put together.
Stock ruger receiver
Hortnet Speed bolt
VQ cocking assembly
Hornet custom trigger
B&C Target Varmint stock
Whistle Pig 20" barrel
Tasco 6-24x42 Tasco target/varmint scope (not pictured)

downsized_0220001301.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
silence006.jpg

Bell and Carlson,Green River Barrel,Titanium AWC Arch Angel Can </div></div>

Some day I'll live in a state that allows suppressors...AZ here I come. After retiremant that is. Neat kit, Tucsondave.

the key thing i want is a threaded reciever and barrel to screw them together. i cant remember is the ruger reciever threaded to where i would just have to thread the barrell??

The 10/22 barrel is not threaded into the receiver. A buddy of mine had the barrel threaded and IIRC to thread the receiver it had to be sleeved.

I'm not sure who did his but I'll shoot him an email and try to find out. I think the guy was local but can't remember for sure.

look in the latest brownells catalog. someone makes a receiver thats already threaded. if you want to go that way. i cant remember who the maker is though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gary.m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the key thing i want is a threaded reciever and barrel to screw them together. i cant remember is the ruger reciever threaded to where i would just have to thread the barrell?? </div></div>
If you want a threaded barrel / receiver connection you can use a factory Ruger receiver. However, you are better off using an aftermarket receiver such as a Kidd or an MOA. The Kidd receiver, like all Kidd products, is the best of it's kind in terms of fit, finish, and machined tolerances but it even it isn't perfect. The receiver is only available in aluminum (6061 T6) and the integrated picatinny rail is flat - there is no option for an integrated canted rail.

As strong as 6061 T6 is I would like to a SS version to better support free-floating heavy barrels. A 20-25 MOA integrated rail would be nice for those of us who like to push the out beyond the mundane 25-100 yard distances frequently shot with a 10/22. I had spoken to MariPat Kidd well before they introduced their current receiver and barrelled actions and asked about a SS version and canted rail and at that time she made it clear that those would not be offered. Rather unfortunate, as those options would definitely be winners.

Anyway, I recommend that you call <span style="font-style: italic">Randy</span> at <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Connecticut Precision Chambering</span></span> for your 10/22 work. Randy specializes in 10/22 accurization. He can do all the work necessary to thread and recut the chamber on standard slip-fit 10/22 barrels and mate the barrel and receiver together as a single, rigid unit. You'll eliminate <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">barrel droop</span></span> and gain reliability and consistency while eliminating the need for the V-Block.

I sent my MOA Receiver and 20" SS Kidd barrel to CPC for Randy to re-work and mate together. I also sent him my McMillan Sporter stock to inlet for the MOA receiver's rear lug so that I could use the rear lug to anchor the rear of the receiver and free-float the barrel (you cannot free-float a 10/22 barrel without anchoring both the front and rear of the receiver because the weight of the barrel will tip the nose-heavy assembly forward, with the single lug of the receiver acting as a fulcrum point).

Anyway, this is a "Custom 10/22 gallery" and I have punctuated these points and more in various threads here on the Hide' and over at RFC (Rimfire Central). Beware of the Kool-Aide over there. Straight talk comparing add-on gimmicks compared to precision machining upset some of the vendors and fanboys over there and got me banned. One fanboy (<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Dogbone</span></span>) seems to have followed me over here to try to discredit what I have said about certain products in my posts concerning 10/22s'. He has outright lied about things - if you read my posts throughly and then read what he says about me you will see that <span style="font-style: italic">Dogbone</span> has no answers to what I say - he always tries to deflect questions asked of him.

Some RFC threads were even "doctored" to eliminate other posters comments where they contradicted themselves and/or blatantly attacked me because they didn't want to hear the truth. I will waste no more effort or bandwidth talking about that snook.

<span style="font-weight: bold">EGW 20 MOA Extended Picatinny Rail on custom MOA 10/22 w/threaded Kidd barrel - no V-Block!</span>
MOA1022BarreledAction8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Shortened EGW 20 MOA Extended Picatinny Rail & Falcon 4-14X 44 FFP</span>
MOA1022wFalcon4-14XRS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tactical Solutions 15 MOA Picatinny Rail & Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40 SFP</span>
MOACustom102258x6.jpg

MOACustom102238x6.jpg

MOACustom102228x6.jpg

Keith

Converted 10/17Mach2 squirrel popper...
Newbatch026.jpg

Ditched that Swift scope & riding a Monarch UCC 5.5-16x44 on there now...

Ruger 10/22
Power Custom Parts
MR Graphite Barrel
McMillan Stock
Leupold 3-9 Compact RF
101_0140.jpg

The laminate rifle was the first one I modified. Boyd's Dakota Will stock, E.R. Shaw barrel, trued bolt face, jeweled bolt, and trigger job.
IMG_0463.jpg

This one started as a bare receiver. Tac. Sol. barrel, Hogue stock, black parked bolt, handle, and mag release from Skeeter on RFC,Harris 6-9 swivel, notch leg, w/pod loc, and Hornet trigger.
IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Both rifles have Tac. Solutions pict. mount and the wood stocked rifle now wears a Leupold VXI.