• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom 40X stock

cwa11is

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2008
Azle, TX
www.wallisforge.com
One brave soul sent me his 40X along with an HS thumbhole stock that didn’t quite fit. My job was to make one that did fit and feel just like his HS. Here’s what I came up with:

hsp1.jpg

hsp2.jpg

hsp3.jpg

Thanks Herman! It should be at your door soon.

Re: Custom 40X stock

Hi so you made this stock? is it timber and painted? or is it carbon fybre?

i would love some details of your stock and you have made a great stock there.

Yes I made it for the owner of this rifle. I've been making McMillan styled stocks for 10/22's and MKII's for about a year and a half, but this was a special project. It's 3ply laminated red oak, grain filled with auto primer and painted ultra flat olive. The grip texture is fiberglass resin and sawdust. I installed a Morgan adj. recoil pad and a Karsten cheek piece. I also had to buy a new front action screw and bushing, but it came together quite nicely. It took quit a while though.

cwa11is, do you have any photos of your McMillan-style stocks for the Ruger 10/22? I have a factory McMillan HTG stock for my Ruger 10/22, so I'd like to see how yours looks in comparison...

This is my stock coming soon!!!! I sent Chris the HS stock off my 308. My 308 stock has the adjustable cheek and butt for LOP built in. You know those go for just under $800. I will let Chris tell you how much for one similar for your 22. He might have found a lot of work for the price.
smile.gif

This will give me matching (almost) 308 and 22 LR.

Once it gets here, a gunsmith friend of mine is doing the badger bolt knob and cutting the barrel to 22-24 inches. I have a 5-25 Falcon Menace to go on it with the Seekins 20 MOA base.

Now if they will just come out with the magazine conversion for the 40x.

Thanks Chris, It looks great, cannot wait until it gets here.

BH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cwa11is, do you have any photos of your McMillan-style stocks for the Ruger 10/22? I have a factory McMillan HTG stock for my Ruger 10/22, so I'd like to see how yours looks in comparison... </div></div>

Here are a few of my favorite 10/22 stock projects:

1022a32.jpg

richardsA5.jpg

walnutandoaksm.jpg

tmaple1sm.jpg

tmaple2.jpg

Very Nice CWA!

Do you have a website? or a price list??

A little follow, up Jeff Walker (Walker Custom Rifles) in Culpepper VA did some bedding, cutting and crowning the barrel and bolt knob. We added a 20 MOA base with a 5-25 Falcon Menace.

going to get it out and wring it out soon. The setup matches my tactical 308 with the same type HS precision stock and bolt knob. Pair of tactical twins.

by the way, Jeff is building the tactical rifles for Vernon Harrison at Central VA Tactical and Vernon's personal rifles

Chris did one hell of a job on the stock at a super price, you need to have him build you one.

BH

click on pics to enlarge

Man that curly maple musta run at least a hunert bucks????
smile.gif

Your works looks super. Love the walnut one.Hmmmm need to replace a BC thumbhole stock I got on a 10/22 from brother last week, now you got me thinking wood instead of another McM.