• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom 91/30

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
is there a custom shop i could send my 91/30 to have the barrel chopped down to 20inch then recrowned ad a tac stock and diff bolt i would love to show up to the range with a sweet looking custom nagant

Buy a Savage 110FP in 30 06 no muss no fuss.

is there a custom shop i could send my 91/30 to have the barrel chopped down to 20inch then recrowned ad a tac stock and diff bolt i would love to show up to the range with a sweet looking custom nagant

don't

The only 'shop' I know of that will mess with Mosin's is Moss Pawn and Gun in GA... They do alot of stuff with the ATI aftermarket stuff (which I'm not a fan of), and odds are you can do what they will with basic hand tools.

Here is a link to there website. Moss Pawn & Guns | Best Pawn and Guns Atlanta, GA

There is nothing wrong with the Mosin Nagant, but if you want to modify it and do it right, be prepared to spend several times over what the rifle is worth. If you want a Mosin done right, I would recommend contacting 'Shepard' over on SOCAMO ( Southern California Mosin Owners ? Index page )... he's a retired machinist and sometimes takes on projects for people. There are plenty of stocks to choose from for this rifle, and you can do all the fitting yourself.

Here is a 43 Izhevsk I put together with a Czech UK-59 barrels.

toobright_zps587b3044.jpg

Here is another Mosin w/ a UK-59 barrel, this one was put together by iridium-192 (on SOCAMO)...

UK-59_zpscd3b0c7e.jpg

Here is one that Shepard built with a McGowen .308" barrel.

McGowen_zps307ae038.jpg

Last edited:

Sniper81

Sent you a pm but in case you did not get it...you could try this shop; never used them but heard good reports.
Tossan Firearms - Home Page

Some of the guys in SOCAMO have some crazy Mosin-Nagant sticks, all straight shooters; you may want to check it out, 0933 posted pics of a few of them.
Good luck and good shooting.

Last edited: