• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom cut yardage turret - Programmable to Ziess RF Binoculars?

robinsg61le

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
Here's what I need to figure out:

I'd like to have a custom yardage turret cut to align with the ballistics of my .300 PRC (225 ELDX / 2850 fps / 4000 ft elev / 50-degree temp)

I was hoping I could program this info into the Ziess Victory RF binoculars and have the binoculars display the adjusted yardage considering atmospheric conditions.

For example, (after having zeroed my gun in the aforementioned conditions and having a custom yardage turret cut to match) I might range a target at say, 780 actual yards at 10,000 ft. elev with a 10-degree temperature. Are these binocs capable of providing the adjusted output of say "710 yards," which would be adjusted yardage considering current atmospheric conditions as compared to my originally cut custom yardage turret?

I have been told these binocs will only allow me to use MOA format if I am considering atmospheric conditions... In that case, I would not be able to have a custom yardage turret cut and still enjoy the accuracy of the binocs taking into account atmospheric adjustments.

Can anyone confirm 100% one way or the other? Thank you for your help!

This seems more difficult than just using standard turrets and having the RF spit out corrected elevation for the given atmospherics.

Reactions: Secant
Interesting question and a little confusion.

Let me make sure I follow. You want some way to tell your Ziess that you have these custom markings on your turret, and when the solution doesn’t line up with your custom turret, you want the Ziess to give you a corrected value that does line up? Basically you are asking how do I enter all my custom turret information into my ballistic rangefinder?

I’m gonna say that I’m not sure anything like that exists, but not 100% sure. I doubt it though.

However, I have to ask the question why would you want to do something like this? Why not just leave your turret and dial whatever your Ziess tells you to dial. They are just markings. Does it really matter if it says __moa vs 710yds?

Also, I have to imagine that a custom yardage turret is not going to have nearly as many markings as a plain MOA turret. Sticking with a regular turret and dialing what you ballistic software tells you to dial seems much more accurate to me. Not to mention it’s going to constantly change depending on DA, temp, etc.

Gunwerks rangefinder does what you want. You enter the conditions your turret was cut for. It monitors the current conditions. When you range it spits out a shoot to range. It is a slick system, but the same can be accomplished using the Zeiss and standard turrets. If you already have the Zeiss and an moa or mil scope, I would just use it as designed.