• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom fitted Pelican, Storm, cases. Show um up!

Ariel

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
PA
Hey Folks,
I’m amazed at how elaborate some of these custom fitted rifle cases can become. I just came across this picture and I’m wondering if you guys have come up with similar patterns ideas etc. Please post Pics!
custom-gun-case-0109-2009-lg.jpg

Re: Custom fitted Pelican, Storm, cases. Show um up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0095-1-1.jpg
</div></div>

Off Topic.....Hey Target, Love your Avatar....do we share love for Bulldogs?? I have 4 and a litter on its way!

Yes we do Bravo!! Live in an apt. now so can't have one, but enjoy every minute with my buddie's 34lb Fatboy (he was fat since he was born). As soon as I get a house, a puppy will be the first thing I get!
smile.gif

Boltripper LAUGHS......

we have gone though this before.....

the sainted and salty would never place a scoped rifle in a case UP SIDE DOWN opposite of the carry handle.........

welcome to the Hide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the sainted and salty would never place a scoped rifle in a case UP SIDE DOWN opposite of the carry handle.........</div></div>

Is the foam glued into these cases or, if already cut (as in the pics) can it be taken out and turned round so that the scope is at the top in the carry?

Here is an AICS 2.0 Folder in a Storm 3100 Case:

P1010678.jpg

always wondered what is the reasoning behind removing the bolt from the rifle when storing ? just curious.

So if the scope is on the handle side, the guys chucking it in the bottom of the airplane know not to throw it on that side?

I guess I don't see the logic.

custom bolt knobs can, and have, broken, that is why they are removed.

thanks.

I wish there would be a template for the basic configs somewhere where you can just purchase the foam pre cut.
If someone has a template for a M40A3 or M14/M25 I'm interested
smile.gif

Re: Custom fitted Pelican, Storm, cases. Show um u

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if the scope is on the handle side, the guys chucking it in the bottom of the airplane know not to throw it on that side?

I guess I don't see the logic. </div></div>

There is no logic, don't worry your head about it. It's sort of a running joke. Properly fitted, it makes "no never mind" which way it goes into the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an AICS 2.0 Folder in a Storm 3100 Case:
</div></div>

I'm such a trend-setter :-D

AICS.jpg

Same case ... different foamage ... skinny AR's allow for multiple layers.

AR-1.jpg

AR-2.jpg

Maybe not pretty, but it works. The scope is on the handle side. When you watch the baggage monkeys "hammer throw" your kit you like to know the scope doesn't take the hit from the rest of your 10+ lb. tactical rifle. But maybe that's just me.

case_2560_600.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe not pretty, but it works. The scope is on the handle side. When you watch the baggage monkeys "hammer throw" your kit you like to know the scope doesn't take the hit from the rest of your 10+ lb. tactical rifle. But maybe that's just me.

case_2560_600.jpg
</div></div>
Lone W. I like your set up Clean and simple!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heycorey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an AICS 2.0 Folder in a Storm 3100 Case:
</div></div>

[IG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/heystuart/AICS.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/heystuart/AR-1.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/heystuart/AR-2.jpg[/IMG] </div></div>

Which case is that? I like the couple of layers.

Old pic. Got a PH coming in now and the rifle also runs an Atlas as well.

Patriot1.jpg

This makes me want to cut the foam in a case I've been putting off for a year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get the dense interior foam, easier and more manageable to cut, and a lot cleaner rather than the soft stuff </div></div>

where can u get it from ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get the dense interior foam, easier and more manageable to cut, and a lot cleaner rather than the soft stuff </div></div>

where can u get it from ? </div></div>

my new Storm Cases had denser foam compared to my older Starlight Cases. I believe it's an option you can order from the manufacturer or distributors if I'm not mistaken.

If anyone knows please chime in...

For a .308, laptop size.
1/2 MOA out to 600 yards.
Days of the traveling billboard are over.

case.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a .308, laptop size.

case.jpg
</div></div>
Damn nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heycorey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damcv62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which case is that? I like the couple of layers. </div></div>

Hardigg Storm Case, iM3100 </div></div>

Great!!!

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe not pretty, but it works. The scope is on the handle side. When you watch the baggage monkeys "hammer throw" your kit you like to know the scope doesn't take the hit from the rest of your 10+ lb. tactical rifle. But maybe that's just me.

case_2560_600.jpg
</div></div>

I agree. Mine looks similar inside and has been cut out by me with a razor knife. Minimalistic cutting to leave foam for protection, scope up and tight fitting so not alot of movement of gear inside case. Is it as pretty as some here? No but I have watched it dropped over 3 feet on to the concrete tarmac and rifle and scope were unharmed. Flown all over the country with this Starlight case and it's worked like a charm for me. Here's a pic of the inside without the rifle
P8310119.jpg

Lets see what some of the ousides of those pretty cut cases look like. Here's mine
P1010067.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010073.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boltripper LAUGHS......

we have gone though this before.....

the sainted and salty would never place a scoped rifle in a case UP SIDE DOWN opposite of the carry handle.........

welcome to the Hide </div></div>

I agree the case will hold up, but the foam will move and let the scope hit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shumba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have Pelican case for my JAE stoced M1A, will post photos as soon as I get home. </div></div>

Rolling T, u r on top imo....Bad Ass set up!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damcv62</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heycorey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damcv62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which case is that? I like the couple of layers. </div></div>

Hardigg Storm Case, iM3100 </div></div>

Great!!!

Thanks. </div></div>

Rob01,
I’m hoping u r the same guy??? I just red bout you and ur Team on Special Weapons Magazine!!! Article talked bout the 6.5 Creedmore rifle test. If this is Not YOU, Please Correct me!
BravoB

Yup that's us LOL The old 6.5 fits in the case above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup that's us LOL The old 6.5 fits in the case above. </div></div>

NICE!! Small World....Keep up the good work!

I have a question. I am going to cut my foam for my new bolt action. What does everyone prefer? Is it better to leave the bipod on when in the case/foam or remove the bipod and place it in its own slot in the foam?

Here are my 2 Storm's.

HPIM1286.jpg

HPIM1272.jpg

I have a Pelican 1750 to do yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a .308, laptop size.

case.jpg
</div></div>

What is that? Looks like a freaking handgun. Awesome compact package if it is a half minute shooter. What is the barrel length?

This guy does foam-cutting as a side business:

Kristopher C. Dixon (KC)
Advanced Cutting Technologies, Inc. (ADCUT) Sandhills Industrial Park 100
Jordan Place Aberdeen, NC 28315
910.944.3029 Fax
910.528.2109 Mobile
www.adcut.net

2i6hsas.jpg

htip8x.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohpopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC06048.jpg

DSC06052.jpg
</div></div>
Now this is Cool!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heycorey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an AICS 2.0 Folder in a Storm 3100 Case:
</div></div>

AICS.jpg

AR-1.jpg

AR-2.jpg
</div></div>
very nice set up...love it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy does foam-cutting as a side business:

Kristopher C. Dixon (KC)
Advanced Cutting Technologies, Inc. (ADCUT) Sandhills Industrial Park 100
Jordan Place Aberdeen, NC 28315
910.944.3029 Fax
910.528.2109 Mobile
www.adcut.net
oh wow...who did the paint, duracoat? and thie set up as well. cant wait to get my pelican case....

2i6hsas.jpg

htip8x.jpg
</div></div>

Stupid question I'm sure but what case should I be looking at for my 700 SPS?

I have been searching, and this is one of the first threads to come up so I'm throwing the question out there as I continue to search.

In the photo above my case is the Pelican 1720. I have a Remington 700 SPS tactical so my barrel is 20 inch. With the MCM A-5 stock, and the 20 inch barrel it first perfectly in the 1720.