• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Custom fitted Pelican, Storm, cases. Show um up!

Re: Custom fitted Pelican, Storm, cases. Show um up!

For a stock 700 SPS with 26" barrel you will need a Pelican 1750 or the longer Storm (can't remember number). The 1720 is too short for a 26" barrel unless you unbolt it from the stock and transport it separated--not too practical. My case is a Pelican 1750.

storm 3300

pelican.jpg

Storm iM2370 case. MAX10,Viper45,4 mags,sling,magloader(oops-it's not in there) and 150 rounds of 45ACP. It's my SHTF Up Close and Personal grab and go....
34zfzv6.jpg

here you go, I have its big brother.

CarRegistration055.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a .308, laptop size.
1/2 MOA out to 600 yards.
Days of the traveling billboard are over.

case.jpg
</div></div>

Mechanic,

Well it took me all night, but I was able to recut your kit so:

- Your heavy barrel is properly squared away at the bottom of the case.
- Case will now not want to tip over
- Its away from your scope

Now you have plenty of extra room for all the bits.

Did you want me to drop it off?

betterjob-a-roo.jpg

Wow that looks better, I have the bolt under the data book. The square area at the lower right of the upper half, that has the bore guide in it is for an additional magazine. This was already precut at E.D.M. by Bill Ritchie except for a little trimming for the 5.5X22X56 NXS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mechanic,

betterjob-a-roo.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WileyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Storm iM2370 case. MAX10,Viper45,4 mags,sling,magloader(oops-it's not in there) and 150 rounds of 45ACP. It's my SHTF Up Close and Personal grab and go....
34zfzv6.jpg
</div></div>

What fabric did you use? A lot of work?

Just green felt and it was a PITA. The foam is open cell "Pluck Foam" and will come apart if not covered. Wish I'd used gray or black felt though.

img1252f.jpg

Was pre-cut, factory I'm guessing? Had to cut a little bit more out for the extra stock spacers and the Premier. Has 4 slots for AE mags on the right. Plan on opening up a spot for a can when the form4 clears.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoBlaze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohpopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC06048.jpg

DSC06052.jpg
</div></div>
Now this is Cool!</div></div>

Agreed...but is it legal?
smile.gif

I haven't cut the foam on my case in the year I've had it. I really should get around to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are my 2 Storm's.

HPIM1286.jpg

HPIM1272.jpg

I have a Pelican 1750 to do yet. </div></div>

Who makes those boxes you are using for your cleaning supplies? Is the larger one waterproof? I'm looking for something similar that I can keep a bottle of solvent in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are my 2 Storm's.

HPIM1286.jpg

HPIM1272.jpg

I have a Pelican 1750 to do yet. </div></div>

Who makes those boxes you are using for your cleaning supplies? Is the larger one waterproof? I'm looking for something similar that I can keep a bottle of solvent in. </div></div>

The smaller one is a Plano and the larger one is a Woodstream. Not waterproof.

The bottles of oil and solvent are both under the larger one but only one is under the smaller one. The other is under the suppressor slot.

What kind of bottles are they? Do they leak?

I've got a Rem SPS Varmint with a 26" barrel. I was looking into getting the Pelican 1750 from Pelican-Case.com. Does anyone know of someone in the San Antonio, TX area who can precisely cut the foam to fit my rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WillMcC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a Rem SPS Varmint with a 26" barrel. I was looking into getting the Pelican 1750 from Pelican-Case.com. Does anyone know of someone in the San Antonio, TX area who can precisely cut the foam to fit my rifle?</div></div>

YOU can do it!

link

You don't have to go to quite the length he does. Just trace the outline with a sharpie and use a hand-held hot wire foam cutter. Take your time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of bottles are they? Do they leak? </div></div>

The oil is in a pump bottle and the solvent is in a flip spout squeeze bottle, neither of which leak (at this time). Both are generic and came with the rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mechanic,

betterjob-a-roo.jpg
</div></div>

This is the type of foam you want, not the bullshit that is in a Pelican case. We call it G-shock foam. If you are in Atlanta Ga or nearby Contact Georgia Case Company, ask for Robert. His work holds Millions of dollars of my company's equipment securely for transport world wide. He will custom fit anything at a fair price and even make you custom cases with a lifetime guarantee.
I shit you not!

Georgia Case Company

Looks like the Camera that turns into a sniper rifle from James Bond movie. haha Great Idea tho!

DSC01767.jpg

Still want to include torque tools and cleaning kits.

Great thread. I am trying to decide whether to store my AI AE folded in the case or not. I have a Pelican 1700 that it will fit in folded up but I have to order some more foam. Or get the Storm IM3200 and leave the stock out. Suggestions??