• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom muzzle brakes

bbsharpshooter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
here are a few pics of sps varmint i picked up about a month ago. i decided to start by adding a muzzle brake. i added my custom brake designed and made by mysef.Its made of 17-4 stainless steel, 1.125 in diameter and tapers to .830 to blend to the factory sps v barrel. Heres a pic. if there are any brakes that you would like to see on the market send me a pic of something you have designed.
DSC00793-1.jpg

Re: custom muzzle brakes

Yes I have fired the rifle with the brake. The recoil is now comparable to a 223 but much louder.

Nice brake,
Since alot of guys here shoot off of bipods, most wont care for the downward pointing holes as it kicks up the dust and makes it harder to spot shots.
Something to think about for future work.
SScott

roger that. when shooting prone yesterday i was surprised that this brake did not kick up dust like i thought. shots where trackable with ease