• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom reticles and optics nerds

wichitaguns

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2012
Hello,
So I have a pentax spotting scope and the visuals are great and accepts standard eye pieces from.various companies.
My question is does anyone know of a company that would be able to manufacture a custom eyepiece with a reticle?
Second, if first is not available, would it be possible to get an etched reticle from eo Edmund's and diy an eye piece?
Third is there a random eyepiece with an etched reticle that I could work the subtentions out for?
Sorry for the rambling
I would be ok with fixed magnification.
Any thoughts?

I have a pentax pf65ed. I would be in for a custom eyepiece if this is possible. 20 to 32x would be ideal. I run a fixed pentax xw14 eyepiece now which puts me at 28x with 65mm body. Clarity with the fixed eyepiece is pretty darn good imho.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Last edited:
Will do. I am putting on my research hat here. Found 2 companies who claim to make custom eye pieces.will call them monday.
Tje visuals from the pentax are great..with the reticle it would be a match made in heaven