• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Custom rifle build with McRee stock!

zjmccauley

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2014
Colorado
Hello my name is Zack,

I'm currently in Afghanistan and I have been pondering what my return home toy would be and I decided I wanted to do a custom build in .338 lapua.

Here's the question:

I have decided I want to use McRee's fixed rifle stock and drop (i've been thinking a savage .338 action into it). Problem is, I don't know a damned thing about changing action from chassy to chassy.

I'm actually rather clueless in this respect in the gun world and I ask if you members of snipershide could help me build my .338 on a McRee stock!

-Zack

Nothing to it. Just two screws in the bottom of the action. The mcree chassis comes with all the necessary instructions or you can call or email scott at mcree precision and he will help you out. He is one of the finest guys you will ever deal with. I would recommend the folder. I have had several of them and they are excellent pieces of equipment

Nothing to it. Just two screws in the bottom of the action. The mcree chassis comes with all the necessary instructions or you can call or email scott at mcree precision and he will help you out. He is one of the finest guys you will ever deal with. I would recommend the folder. I have had several of them and they are excellent pieces of equipment

I sent a contact request to him, hopefully I get a response soon! When it comes to what rifle fits into what stock is what had me confused :confused:

The simplicity of the installation was part of why I decided to use a McRee stock. They are a true drop in fit. Unlike composite stocks that require bedding for larger diameter barrels, there is no modification needed. Since the stock is aluminum there is not a need for pillar blocks. Removing and reinstalling the barreled action, I have never had a shift in my zero point. There is also clearance for aftermarket triggers. The other big positive on running a chassis, is being able to make adjustments for a correct fit.

The installation is just a matter of running the 2 captive screws into your receive and torquing them to the specification with an inch lb torque wrench.

Last edited: