• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

custom rifle builders

cop173

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2014
Louisiana
i am looking to have a custom rifle built and was wondering who you guys recommend and why. i have seen the tactical rifle video and was shocked by the poor quality and i certainly don't want to drop a few thousand on a rifle only to find out its junk. i tried searching the forum to see if there were any other threads that covered this and i either missed it or didn't know what i was doing. if the topic has already been covered then please just refer me to the proper thread. any help you guys can give will be appreciated. i've been saving for years to be able to do this and don't want to get it wrong.

You will see this response again, these in no particular order:

Short Action Customs (S.A.C)
Ga Precision
Accurate Ordnance (AO)
Sparten Precision
Long Rifles Inc
Jon Beanland
Gradous
Crescent Customs
American Prevision Arms (APA)

I'm sure their is a few I'm missing but someone will come along shortly to fill them in. All those guys listed above are more than GTG!!!!

Several good builders on here - call and talk to them & go with the one you are most comfortable with!!

Here's some to name a few:

Short Action Customs
GAP
Accurate Ordnance
APA
Robert Gradous
Dana English
Jon Beanland
Crescent Customs
LA Precision
Surgeon
Southern Precision (Bugholes)

Do a search - you'll find plenty good smiths on here!!

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=92546

I strongly recommend PCR! Keith was awesome helping me build my rifle. The guy literally works everyday and night to get your rifle the way you want it. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted but, he made it perfect! The fit and finish is perfect! I don't think there are many builders that can give you the fast turn around that PCR does! My rifle far exceeds my abilities. Feel free to pm me for any further info. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401837884.752625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

custom rifle builders

I'll just say I took the advice of an experienced hunter and now have two GAP rifles, with a third being built. I don't have any reason to look elsewhere. I'm sure others could say the same about one of the other smiths. In the end, it's going to boil down to what makes YOU happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phoenix Custom Rifles work pics and reviews

I strongly recommend PCR! Keith was awesome helping me build my rifle. The guy literally works everyday and night to get your rifle the way you want it. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted but, he made it perfect! The fit and finish is perfect! I don't think there are many builders that can give you the fast turn around that PCR does! My rifle far exceeds my abilities. Feel free to pm me for any further info.View attachment 39700

I also recommend PCR, their customer service was awesome, they build a laser and they built it in no time flat since I gathered the parts.

Jon Beanland
GAP
Kevin Weaver
Kampfeld Custom
Gre-Tan
Darrell Holland
NULA

I've pretty much switched everyone around me to RPRifles.com Aaron does top notch work, and nothing is overlooked.

Phoenix Custom Rifles work pics and reviews

I strongly recommend PCR! Keith was awesome helping me build my rifle. The guy literally works everyday and night to get your rifle the way you want it. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted but, he made it perfect! The fit and finish is perfect! I don't think there are many builders that can give you the fast turn around that PCR does! My rifle far exceeds my abilities. Feel free to pm me for any further info.View attachment 39700

+1 on PCR

RBROS RIFLES
No need to look any further.
Travis has built me 5 rifles over the many years.
All have been high quality and Tac drivers.

i am looking to have a custom rifle built and was wondering who you guys recommend and why. i have seen the tactical rifle video and was shocked by the poor quality and i certainly don't want to drop a few thousand on a rifle only to find out its junk. i tried searching the forum to see if there were any other threads that covered this and i either missed it or didn't know what i was doing. if the topic has already been covered then please just refer me to the proper thread. any help you guys can give will be appreciated. i've been saving for years to be able to do this and don't want to get it wrong.
If I were you, I'd give this guy some consideration.
Louisiana Precision Rifles, LLC - Precision Firearms - Long Range Hunting Rifles, Target Rifles, and Tactical Firearms

Many great builders, some of which are listed above.

Now, for the advice you do not want. Don't build a rifle. Do your homework, make your decisions and watch the FS section. You will have a rifle very close to exactly what you want for 50-70 % of the build price. No frustration, no wait. Any small things that are not exactly what you want can be changed with time. I would not even get too concerned about caliber. You get something close and shoot it out. Then re barrel with a BARTLEIN when the time comes. You can change it, trade it for another etc. You do the build, you take the hit. After you have gone through a dozen second hand rifles, you might consider building one.
This is some advice that you will ignore of course. Later you will figure out how right I was.
Good luck on your build. No matter what route you choose, it will be fun.

thanks guys, i appreciate the info. i've been looking at the smiths you listed, they have some awesome stuff!

A gunsmith to Louisiana and has come at the recommendation of Mr. Roscoe (LA Precision) is Don Kiser of Kiser Precision Rifles. I am under the impression Don Kiser was a mentor figure to William Roscoe early on. Don Kiser does excellent work, is a nice guy and will build a fine rifle. He has years of experience. I would give Mr. Kiser a call and see what he can do for you.

Many great builders, some of which are listed above.

Now, for the advice you do not want. Don't build a rifle. Do your homework, make your decisions and watch the FS section. You will have a rifle very close to exactly what you want for 50-70 % of the build price. No frustration, no wait. Any small things that are not exactly what you want can be changed with time. I would not even get too concerned about caliber. You get something close and shoot it out. Then re barrel with a BARTLEIN when the time comes. You can change it, trade it for another etc. You do the build, you take the hit. After you have gone through a dozen second hand rifles, you might consider building one.
This is some advice that you will ignore of course. Later you will figure out how right I was.
Good luck on your build. No matter what route you choose, it will be fun.

This is good advice.

Ed Adams of Butches Reloading here in New Mexico is a world champion benchrest shooter and builds very fine customs.

3 I think of are:

Spartan Precision Rifles - (408) 451-9850 Marc
RBros - (360) 791 4741 Travis
LRI - (605) 490-2561 Chad

In no particular order...

I would look into the two mentioned that are in your state, makes things a lot easier and if they are local to you most will let you "set in" on the build.

I have limited experiences but Marc @ Spartan Rifles is an outstanding gunsmith and builds hammers. Also can be said about GAP. Only two smiths i've used though.

I can also recommend chad at lri. But any of the companies listed have great reputations for impressive rifles. Also if you ever want to get behind a lri rifle feel free to give me a shout. Im in central Louisiana.