• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

marine1833

Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Tuttle,oklahoma
I just recently bought a kahr cw45 and i have a couple of problems that somebody might help me with. First problem, with the right sight alignment and sight picture the pistol is hitting about four inches low. Thats about 15 yards out, when i move the target in closer it does alot better. I just figured at 15 yards it shouldn't drop that much, i'm having to rise the front dot half way up out of the rear sight to get it to hit right. The second problem i'm having with it is the ejection problems. About the 3rd or 4th round it hangs up, i think its the spring is to strong. Thanks for the help

Re: Cw45 ?

How many rounds do you have through your pistol? IIRC, Kahr recommends a few hundred rounds of FMJ ammo to break it in. What kind of ammo are you shooting?

With pistols as light as the Kahrs, shooting as potent of a round, you have to be mindful as well of your grip. Too soft of a grip can "dampen" the recoil enough to cause functioning problems.

Also, by proper sight alignment what do you mean? Is yout front sight post at 6 o'clock of the target? I'm pretty sure that kahrs have a "tactical" dot configuration in which the front dot should cover your target, not rest under it. If you don't like shooting this style and want to maintain a 6 o'clock hold you will need to get a shorter front sight.

Re: Cw45 ?

I'm shooting winchester 230gr fmj, i've got 100 through it so far. About the sights, i put the dot just above the bar on the center off the target and it drops the bullet about 4 inches low. Now if i put the bottom of the dot at the very top of the back sight it will do better. When i bought the kahr i was shooting it like a glock, i think i'm going to have get different sights.