• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 American Custom Tribal (Update with pics)

TDH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
metro Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I was all over town looking for a 452 American and couldn't find one today. Everyone only had 452's in 17hmr. All of my regular shops checked distributors and practically no 452's with the Walnut and 16" barrel.

Finally we found a distributor with a butt load of CZ 452 American Custom Tribal. Supposedly Walnut stock with tribal engraving and 16" barrel.

390ish retail and 423 out the door with tax. No pictures. I ordered it and will have it next week.

Just curious if anyone has found a large picture of one or has one. I'm assuming the only difference is the tribal art in the stock.

I guess I'll find out.
confused.gif

EDIT: I got the rifle today and although the distributor confirmed at least 5 times that it had the 16" barrel and not the 22, it showed up today with the 22.5" barrel. I guess it's not a deal breaker but I'm somewhat disappointed. I do a lot of business with the guy I ordered it from and I heard him ask them repeatedly, so I didn't complain. It's a 22lr and the longer barrel doesn't make it difficult to handle. It's actual a little more representative of the rifle I shoot on a regular basis I guess.

The engraving isn't nearly as bad in person as it was in the pic I found after we ordered it. The custom turned out to be custom tribal as mentioned in the original version of the post above.

The only thing that really irks me is they had the regular walnut with the longer barrel in stock and the distributor confirmed numerous times that although the title had 16" and the description had 22" that they took one out of the box and verified that it was 16".

Now that it's here I don't think it's as bad as the pics, and it's actually kind of grown on me. LOL.
Pics to follow:

4249010921_b447638f5a_b.jpg

4249786368_4a218bfecf_b.jpg

4249010921_b447638f5a_b.jpg

Re: CZ 452 American Custom Tribal

I might sell my 452, 16" factory threaded barrel, pm me if interested. Probably $375 shipped w/ rings.

Shoot me some details. I'll try to make sure it didn't ship today. He placed the order while I was there. I'm trying to figure out WTF I ordered. LOL.

LOL, let me know tomorrow, maybe I shouldn't complicate things. I kind of want to see the Tribal version now
smile.gif

It evidently already shipped. I called when he opened this morning and talked to him and he called me back about 30 mins later and said it had already shipped.

He then mentioned they had the regular walnut with the threaded barrel in stock. Oops I guess. Oh and I found a picture, LOL.

blush.gif
129550.jpg

While I applaud CZ for trying something new, it does not appeal to me.

Is McMillan doing any stocks for the 452?

Are all of the 452's threaded for the barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gov-t_mule</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I applaud CZ for trying something new, it does not appeal to me. </div></div>

Agreed.

They had plenty of them for what I paid on gunbroker. I'm trying to support a local guy. He was an LEO here and I buy all my reloading stuff here. We talked to the distributor and the distributor said it was the custom but neglected to mention the tribal until they had confirmed the order. Then by the time I found out I hesitated but didn't say cancel it.

I'm hoping it looks better in person, but don't think it's horrible. I'll post some pics up when I get it. Then I'll decide if it's going in a new stock sooner rather than later
smile.gif

It doesn't look bad...it could have been much worse. Like flames...that look like crab claws or something.

Now when does the pierced version come out??

Looks kinda cool I guess. Seems to be automates stippling which would be a nice option on more rifles (in the customary spots).

The stippling actually feels kind of nice holding it offhand. I have some European Walnut grips on a one of my P7's and the texture is very similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gov-t_mule</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I applaud CZ for trying something new, it does not appeal to me. </div></div>
I've seen one in person and I have to agree
frown.gif

Hey I had one of those!

Random find on the used gun rack at my local store. Gun "wouldn't shoot", so I picked it up for a song. Sold the stock on RFC and nearly traded right into a McM. Bedded it up, tweaked the trigger, and it shoots lights out.

I thought it was neat, but like many others it just wasn't what I was looking for.