• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CZ 452 Project

Horhey232

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2013
California
Hello guys. I have a CZ 452 Ultra Lux that I love but I am looking to do some upgrades to it. First of all I want to get a fiber optic front sight for it. My google searches haven't found anything solid and I am wondering if any of you guys have seen them. Also looking to toss a scope on this as well. I have fallen in love with the Vortex Diamondback 4-12x with BDC. The problem I am experiencing is that with medium Warne rings it sits too low and the bell hits the rear leaf sight and I do not want to remove it. I have two options and I am open to opinions on which to take. The first is getting a cheek rest and getting higher rings. The second is getting these 1913 rail adapter I have been seeing because it looks like it is just a hair too low.

Also I like the factor trigger on it a lot but have been eyeballing to Timney trigger. Is it worth it or should I just keep it stock?

I have my UL decked out in a Klinsky stock and with an Anschutz 11mm to Redfield sight base adapter the Redfield Palma Sight,,for the trigger get the DIP adjustable sear when you order the DIP 25 MOA pic rail that is made for the CZ version of the 11mm grooves,,you have to know where to look but the 452 can be modded about as much as a 10-22,,

I put a Timney on my CZ455.

I like it. But it was partially to match my Rem 700 with a Timney.

the Timney is better than the CZ trigger but with the DIP sear you can adjust out all the creep and with the right spring it will get down to 8-10 ounces,

I like shooting mine with the receiver sights,,the Brno sight or the Palma sight either one and at 100 yards off a rest it will shoot pretty dang good,,
mostly now I shoot the lighter UL from position and shoot my Model 4 or 455 Lilja off a rest

That rear sight can be removed and reinstalled in 5 seconds, FYI. That gun is a natural for some peep sights

I have the rifle and done the following AND will bring up some other issues.

You need to disclose objective bell size as well as the ocular. The reasons are as follows- Objective to see what rings will be needed to clear the rear sights. I have a Weaver T-36 40mm objective bell and needed BKL highs or Burris Signature Rimfire rings, also in high. You will need to know the diameter of the rear ocular since the bolt on the 452 throws high and you don't want it hitting the rear of the scope when ejecting or loading a round. There is NO need to take off the leaf or the ramp even though relatively easy to do.

You don't want a cheek rest but rather a cheek riser. Look at Accu-Riser Monte Carlo Strap On Comb Raiser - The Leatherman Traditional Leather Goods Inc Store That is the one I have and it works perfectly and you have the Monte Carlo style of stock. I don't know of any front replacement sights other than CZ and those will only come in varying heights for the replacement front blade OR BRNO target sights with a rear peep and globe front, and those will only come in varying heights for the replacement front blade. There are other target sights that can be installed, but that will eliminate using a scope.

Trigger- Your trigger, with the lightest pull by turning the nut all the way open should be at 2.5 lbs. If you will be tromping around hunting, I wouldn't be lowering any further. If you will be shredding paper, you can replace the spring with either a light JnP or DIP OR go to Ace Hardware and get a #144 spring (for about $.60) and swap it out and that will get you to under a pound OR Fastenal also has springs but I don't know the part #. On one 452 that I have, it got me to 10 oz. and no creep and on the other it got me to 12 oz. with enough creep to make it feel like a two stage trigger (which I happen to like more).

Last edited:
I had a scope on my UL for a while but to me with it`s 28.6 inch barrel it is made for metallic sight shooting,,the sight radius is awesome,,with a skinny post insert in the front globe the Palma sight will reach the steel plate at 300 yards with Match subsonic ammo which is really fun,,on calm days hitting the steel is actually easier to me with the UL than with the short sight radius on a 16 inch AR15,,