• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 Varmit Feeding Problem

Jonlow209

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
United States
Hey guys,

I need some help with my CZ 452 Varmint in .22LR. Although it is very accurate, I am having trouble with my rifle feeding the last round in the factory 5 round magazine. It goes up the feeding ramp but I don't think it goes up all the way and so I can't close the bolt completely. I am using SK subsonic hollow point ammunition. Is there something I can do to fix it? I couldn't find anything in the search so I'm sorry if this is covered. Thanks in advance.

Re: CZ 452 Varmit Feeding Problem

I have not heard of this problem... But my first guess is a weak spring in the mag. I have 2 plastic 10 round mags and they are very easy to take apart and clean.. that could also me the issue. good luck.

i've had the very same problem with my new 455, and have heard of a few others having it.

apparantly the follower / spring needs "adjustment" as it sits too high.

looking at the mag from the rear, you'll see the silver of the follower. it supposed to sit flush with the back of the mag.

Thanks guys for your help.

Top Predator, do I have to take the mag apart and compress the whole spring a little bit or what? Whats the easiest way to fix it?

i'm using the 10 rounders now with the AICS airsoft stock for the added length so i can reach the mag release and mag, so i haven't yet had the urgency to take it apart to fix it yet.

i think just like with any other mag, you just remove the bottom plate and F with the spring until the follower is flush.

i'd just try to compress it, perhaps trim the spring to give it less tension.

actually i'd give CZ a call or email. perhaps it's covered under warranty or they'll do something for you.

Top Predator,

I feel really stupid asking this again and again but I wanna make sure this is what you are talking about. The pictures show what the mag looks like from the back. The first picture is what it looks like currently. What you are saying is that the magazine follower is supposed to look like the second picture where its flush? Again I'm sorry for asking this over and over.

7541218950_628fe63e76_b.jpg

7541220356_14ebb928f1_b.jpg

I absolutely have this frustrating problem with my 455, and am hoping we can get some good info shared here!
I can't watch the YouTube vid until I get home (blocked at worked), but I'll certainly take a look.

I bought a couple of new steel 5 rounders from CZ, these seem to feed fine. The factory plastic 5 rounder that came with the rifle, more often than not, failed to feed the fifth round.

MAC BUD

yeah that supposedly does it. again i haven't done it yet, but those threads cover it.

the 10 rounders i have (with no feed issues) are flush with the bottom of the notch just like your picture with the finger assist.

supposedly those fixes mentioned in the other threads gets it in that position.

Thanks again Top Predator and clayne_b for the tips. I am going to go fix my mag now! Hopefully your advice works!