• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 w/ Boyds Tacticool Pics

glocker17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2008
Russeltown, Texas
Got it in today, overall not bad for a $80 stock. Never fired it since it was cut and threaded. Should be able to harass the local varmints with some 17 V-Maxs.

cz2.jpg

cz1.jpg

Re: CZ 452 w/ Boyds Tacticool Pics

Looks good
smile.gif

I got mine the other day for my savage.

Doing a little bit of work on it, opening up the barrel channel and action area as my receiver is a little different to what this was inletted for.

They are pretty good for the money arent they

Looks great!!! Two words... "Paint" and "Job!"

I've also got one on the way. Went for the black textured myself. Cost me only $95. Should be a very nice look/feel for my Marlin. Can't wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great!!! Two words... "Paint" and "Job!" </div></div>

The funny thing is that it already has a paint job! Well, a factory paint job to cover up the wood.

They are laminated. I have a Savage TR stock which is also made by Boyds and it's laminated.

Yep its laminate, you can see it in a few spots in the inletted portion. ordered some stencils, have to spray it next weekend. Thinking a Brown, Black , FDE, scheme. Hope it shoots good after all the waiting. I have never fired it!

Glocker17, does your 17 HMR have the barrel lug or is the action secured with two screws? Trying to determine if the 452 Varmint in .22 will work with the Tacticool stock (has single action screw and barrel lug). The images of the inletting on Boyd's site appear to accommodate the barrel lug, but their compatibility description is incomplete.

Thanks.

EF

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pazzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The funny thing is that it already has a paint job! Well, a factory paint job to cover up the wood. </div></div>

Yup, realize that... here was my attempt on my 10/22 Tacticool from the first release... there are a lot of curves to try to stencil around!

But worth it...

2723160216_large.jpg

I dropped my american in a tacticool today. Had to drill a hole for the rear bolt and then bore a hole for the lug thingy, but it was a 10 minute job and fits stellar.

cz452tacticool.jpg

i couldn't wait for my OD color to come in, so i called and changed my order for a "in stock" sand. I should be getting mine in this monday for my grandson's savage 93 17 hmr. I'll post a pick when i get'er mounted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marctolate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I ordered a black one! Than I have to repaint it
grin.gif

The color seems to be a different than the 10/22, isn't it? </div></div>

Not trying to hijack this thread but..

I havent seen the 10/22 version so I cant say, but from most the pics ive seen where it looks really light, it is in harsh sunlight or flash photo, so it seems much lighter than to the naked eye. In more natural lighting it looks darker, like in the photo I posted. That being said, it is pretty light to be considered "OD" and next to my OD AICS its not only lighter, but much cooler in hue. id def consider it more of a magpul foliage green. Im happy with it tho. At the range today it looked very nice.

Ok I painted it! FYI no lug on this rifle, not sure how a 22LR would fit. Just need more magnification now. i robbed this scope from my sons CZ Scout!

cACAMO.jpg

Looking good
whistle.gif

Got mine today. I'm very pleased with the stock. Now make it fit my 453 Varmint.
I'll post some pics tomorrow of the stock and the difference between the inlet 452/453.

Here some pictures
grin.gif

The top is my 453 Varmint stock.

Now find someone with descent machinery to adjust the stock. Don't want to ruin the stock trying to make it fit with my dremel!

P1040182.jpg

P1040181.jpg

P1040183.jpg

P1040184.jpg

P1040179.jpg

P1040180.jpg

Hi, where I can buy the "tacticool" stock? I saw your pics, looks good!

Regards

Alessandro

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marctolate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can order them at Boyd's Gunstocks.

</div></div>

Thanks!

I think that I will be buying for my son's 10/22 . I hope there won't be a long wait .

Have you people experienced some accuracy lost with the new stock? Maybe the bedding is different

Any changes concerning the accuracy ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marctolate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1040234.jpg

</div></div>

Thats sick. Unless Manners makes a MCS-T for the CZ Im getting one of these.

marctolate, PM sent to you, same here. Looking for pictures of your modifications to fit the 453V action in the tacticool stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">marctolate, PM sent to you, same here. Looking for pictures of your modifications to fit the 453V action in the tacticool stock. </div></div>

Same here do you have any pics of the modification that were done to the inside of the stock?

Yep, I had to have a Boyds Tacticool for my CZ452 Varmint.

CZ452Tacticool005.jpg

Sam

I wish that they would just make a tacticool in a 453 already. I can do the work, but I don't like having to spend 100 on a stock the start hacking on it to make it fit.

This looks like the way to go for a trainer . Im liking the looks of the new CZ 22 lr in that Manners stock , but not available yet and 800 bucks ... Gulp

You have got to be shitting me. Why wasnt this posted a couple months ago!!!! They look great, especially for the moola. The Manners I ordered better blow this thing away!!!!

I saw the new CZ Precision Trainer but prefer the 453s over the 452/455. So I have a Manners' stock on order and the 453 22LR Varmint disassembled to send the barrel for threading. I'm just waiting for the modified bolt handle (tactical knob) and the DIP trigger guard to be delivered so all can be matte blued/blacked.

I have the Savage TRR-SR but not quite happy with the quality. It shoots well, but it's just ain't the same as the CZ (personal prejudice).