• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CZ 455 3/8" or 11mm dovetail help!

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
So I think my CZ varmint eveloution is an 11mm (.340" on widest point). I couldn't find 11mm rings low enough, so I bought millet 3/8" windage adjustable. I heard these will work because the are windage adjustable. I figured my scope will be to the left of my bore, so how do I bring parellel to my bore with the windage adjustments?

I've never seen or used windage rings, but I'm assuming the left and right clamps are independent of each other. So if my thinking is right, you'd loosen the left side clamps and tighten the right side clamps until aligned where you want.

Have you looked into a scope base that slips onto the dovetail thereby allowing the use of standard rings? I got one from DIP Inc.

That's what I think to. I just don't know how much to move it over or tell when it's align.

I got one from DIP and it said CZ455 but it's has screws and my base doesn't?

^^the screws are there to hold it place, like a set screw. the base slips over the dovetail. i've had no issues with mine so far.

only things i can think of are:

mark the rings dead center with a pencil or sharpie, mark the receiver dead center. count the amount of clicks it takes you to get from out of click adjustment Left to all the way Right, divide by 2 and click back to that answer to find the center of the windage adjustment on the scope. start with one side of the windage "arms" bottomed out on both rings, and count how many turns it takes to match up the center lines on one ring. then back off the other ring the same amount - it should match up with the center lines with the same amount of turns of the ring's windage arm screw. this'll get as close as you can to not bowing the scope tube left or right once tightened down.

or measure from one side of the ring "column" to the other side at the dove tail, then measure it the other side and make sure the two distances are the the same as you tighten the ring down. then do the same to the other ring.

even counting the number of times you unscrewd the windage arm from bottomed out on both rings should get you close enough to eyeballing where center is. you should have more than enough windage adjustment on the scope from there. but you want to make sure that you are not bowing the scope with misaligned, twisted, or offset rings. hopefully you have a length of 1" pipe and the rings / scope is 1", mounting the pipe in the rings will help with making sure they are in line with each other.

Well stupid me, I had a DIP rail I just saw the holes and said wait a minute.. My rifle isn't taped and drilled? But it slipped over, and I was literally shooting eager holes this morning with eley 40gn match bullets, it was fun!