• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CZ 455 Has Arrived!

MosesTheTank

Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
SC
The CZ 455 Precision trainer has arrived. I intend to do it up as best I can, so please help me out with some suggestions. I have an AAC Element 2 sitting in my dealers safe, which should be in my hands by March, so I need the barrel threaded. A few items I was thinking about were cerakote and having flush cups installed. I'm not sure about which scope/rings to go with but my club has 200yd rim fire matches so it would need to accommodate longer ranges. As for who is doing the work the only recommendation I've received so far is for Hooper Ordnance.
CZ455PrecisionVarmintTrainer.jpg

Re: CZ 455 Has Arrived!

Thats a good looking setup, considering purchasing a 455 soon. DIP makes a great 25 MOA rail for the CZ, just about any rings will work, I use TPS aluminum rings on the rimfires because the price is right and keep the weight down. As far as optics, just make sure you get a scope that allows the paralax to be adjusted down low enough due to the caliber. I use a Simmons 6.5-20x50 mil dot, good scope for the money and AO goes down to 30 ft

Kirk R

I have one with a DIP 25 MOA base. My scope has a 30mm tube and a 50mm objective. With Seekins high rings, it just clears the barrel with butler creek covers.

objective_edited-1.jpg

Great looking rifle . Post some group pics when you get it set up.

Adco can do the barrel threading as well but Hooper can also do the bolt knob job and replace the bottom metal and everything else on your list.

I am building something similar except with a lighter barrel, 455 American with Manners stock... 3 barrels
I have a DIP 25moa extended rail, would have preferred something steel that screwed down to the receiver.
DIP magwell
Acculock medium rings, steel
Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 EBR-MOA
Modified trigger but been eyeballing the CZ single set trigger.

On my 455-PT I have a DIP 25 MOA rail with Burris XTR "low" rings, and my Vortex with a 50.8 Objective clears the barrel with about 1/8 inch.

P1050816.jpg

I love my 455PT
I cant put a silencer on it but so far I have done the following:
Vortex Viper HS Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 5-15x 44mm Side Focus 1/10 MIL Adjustments Mil-Dot Reticle Matte
EWG 20 MOA Base
TPS medium rings
YoDave trigger kit
Kampfield Campfire knob
Dip extended magazine release
Dip Aluminum magwell
BALS MK-2 Sniper Bean Bag with Stock Pack
I also re-textured my stock and re-painted it.
Items pending:
Dip trigger guard
Flush cups
bubble level installed in stock (right behind bolt)
Possible upgrade:
Lilja barrel
Timney trigger

CZ455PT-10-12 (4) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

John, very nice set up you have there. Why are you considering a Lilja barrel? Also, did you weigh the EGW base versus the DIP?

Thanks

Here is mine:

004-1.jpg

Specs:

CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer
Yo-Dave trigger kit, breaks at a crisp 2.0 lbs
DI Products 25 MOA sloped rail
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 side focus mildot scope with target turrets (exposed knobs)
TPS steel rings, medium
Sinclair Tactical bipod

Shoots like this:

5rds, 50yds
452VPT0022.jpg

I have an AAC Prodigy, but need to get the barrel threaded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaxnMoses</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John, very nice set up you have there. Why are you considering a Lilja barrel? Also, did you weigh the EGW base versus the DIP?

Thanks </div></div>

Hey man thanks.
My 455 shoot good like MOA at 100 3 out of 5 times under the right conditions but I want my rifle to rock so I think sooner or later I will get a lilja barrel just to move it up a notch or two. I like the EWG base because I can remove it without removing the scope and athetically it looked more aggressive than the DIP which I have on my old 452 but really thats it. They both are good bases.

I have a question. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere...Wil this stock accommodate the 17HMR magazine? I'd assume it will based on the design of the mag well, but I'd like to know for sure before throwing down the $480.00 for a stock.

Thanks in advance,
C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CiscoGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a question. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere...Wil this stock accommodate the 17HMR magazine? I'd assume it will based on the design of the mag well, but I'd like to know for sure before throwing down the $480.00 for a stock.

Thanks in advance,
C </div></div>

Yes
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/CZ-455-Varmint/
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of the accessory barrels available for the 455 platform, including the American and Lux (open sights), as well as other varmint-weight barrels in .22 LR, .22 WMR or .17 HMR can be easily swapped out due to the larger universal barrel channel of the Varmint model. A 5 round magazine is included.</div></div>