• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Lilja group buy! Updated with who is back ordered and who is not!!!!

djdilliodon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2013
West Babylon, NY
I've spoke with Dan Lilja and got the ok on the group buy for CZ 455 drop ins. Price will be $345 plus $22 for shipping and handling, This is a $50 discount! All payments must go to me via Paypal gift but all orders will be drop shipped directly from lilja. Right now lilja has plenty of 17 hmr, 17 hm2, and 22 mag barrels in both tapers. 22 LR barrels are instock but at low quantity. They will be making more but once we deplete the current stock whoever else wants one will have to be willing to wait while they are back ordered. For this reason everyone is being assigned an order number on a first come first serve bases. Orders will be filled by order number. So if your order number is 20 and someone else's is 24 and you both want the same barrel, the lower number gets in first ect.

Please send me a PM with caliber and taper you would like to purchase and I will reply with payment info and your order number. I will let this run till Jan 14 and the order will be placed on the 15th. Remember anyone ordering a 22 LR barrel be aware your barrel may be back ordered and you must be willing to wait for your barrel. If this is a problem let me know and I'll find out if your going to have to wait or not. Listed below are the calibers and tapers available, all barrels are 21" long :

17 HMR, 22LR, 22MAG, 17HM2 = straight .900" no taper or varmint taper .900" for first 3" then straight taper to .630" at muzzle.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Edited: only 2 days left to get in on this deal!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this....Just picked up my 455 this last Sat and was not expecting to buy a new barrel so soon so I need to decide on the taper for my 22lr. Will start a new thread to figure that out.
thx

Perfect timing I was just going to order a 22lr today!!

I'm in for a 22lr .900 straight barrel.

Sending pm.

I will have an eta for back orders on 22 LR barrels for when there stock is depleted. I should know by tomorrow and will give an update via this thread.

I'm shocked not many are going for the hmr barrels!?! No one wants to shoot a flat 17 at 100 yards and put 5 shots in .7's or better?!? With a good lot # .5's is totally do able and sometimes better! I know I'll be snagging a straight .900" 17 hmr barrel!

I will have an eta for back orders on 22 LR barrels for when there stock is depleted. I should know by tomorrow and will give an update via this thread.

I'm shocked not many are going for the hmr barrels!?! No one wants to shoot a flat 17 at 100 yards and put 5 shots in .7's or better?!? With a good lot # .5's is totally do able and sometimes better! I know I'll be snagging a straight .900" 17 hmr barrel!

So are the 22LR barrels still in stock so if I'd order one now, I wouldn't have to wait?

And the 22LR are the drop in or gunsmith required barrels?

Last edited:
So are the 22LR barrels still in stock so if I'd order one now, I wouldn't have to wait?

And the 22LR are the drop in or gunsmith required barrels?

As of right now they have a hand full in stock in 22lr. When the order goes in on the 15th they may have none and won't know till then. They have plenty of 17 hmr, 17 hm2, and 22 mag. I should know by tomorrow how long of a wait it will be if the 22 LR go on a back order. All the lilja cz 455 drops ins require no gun smithing for install. They go in just like the stock barrel.

For all those in fear of the back order for a 22 LR barrel trust me the wait is worth it! Lilja never runs deals on barrels and to save $50 is nice if you ask me!

If anyone is interested in a drop in for there sako quad or ruger 77 that's not threaded I may be able to include you in this group buy!!! Any interest?

I will think on a .17 I have a .900 straight on my 455 now you will be happy happy happy you got one of these barrels, Dan is a great guy with an great product. I have no regrets here.

Many have asked what type of accuracy one can expect from a 455 with a lilja. Below is a list of accuracy potential by caliber :

22 LR barrels will shoot in the .2's with match ammo at 50 yards with some groups even better. Worst case you may see some in the .3's.
17 hm2 barrels I can't say as I have never used one but would expect similar results as the 22 LR.
17 hmr barrels will do .7's or better at 100 yards. You'll be amazed how accurate the hmr's can be with these barrels!
22 magnum barrels can shoot just as good as the hmr's but one should expect 1" or better. This will be due to how good of a lot you get more than anything else.

Got word back from Dan and back ordered barrels will ship by the end of February.

dj good for you, glad to hear you doing this for the hide,
but damm i already got mine, still to everyone wanting one of these barrels, cant beat the price
also when i ordered mine was told 22lr barrel on back order, would take about a month, BUT found it on my door step, 2 weeks after i ordered
i think lilja gives a long estimated time, but gets them out faster than stated
anyway best drop in barrel made for CZ 455, IMO the wait is well worth it

dj good for you, glad to hear you doing this for the hide,
but damm i already got mine, still to everyone wanting one of these barrels, cant beat the price
also when i ordered mine was told 22lr barrel on back order, would take about a month, BUT found it on my door step, 2 weeks after i ordered
i think lilja gives a long estimated time, but gets them out faster than stated
anyway best drop in barrel made for CZ 455, IMO the wait is well worth it

Thanks! This is a great forum and I'm always down to help out when I can. You can always jump in and get yourself a barrel in a different caliber than you already have :).

PM sent for 17 HMR. Is .900 straight taper the same dimensions as a factory 22lr barrel on the CZ 455 varmint evolution?

For all those that want a lilja for a sako quad and ruger 77. I tried but it would have to be done on a separate group buy. We can only do barrels for the 455 on this one :(.

Any idea when paid orders will ship?

Order will placed on the 15th. In stock orders will ship immediately and back orders will ship at the end of feb or sooner. I will have a list that will be posted on who's barrels shipped and who's are back ordered come the 15th or 16th.

Many have asked if fluting, barrel threading, and if shorter or longer lengths was available. Lilja does not offer fluting on rimfire barrels or threading. They only offer 21" lengths. These options may be available from your local smith or a smith you can send your barrel too.

lilja will be provided with your email that was used for your paypal payment to send you a tracking number for shipment. If you would like to use a different email please let me know!

This would come up not even 3 weeks after I sold mine lol.

Timing is everything! I shot it this past weekend and it's beautiful. The bolt and trigger are awesome, nice job. When I get the Lilja installed you can come back up and shoot it. I have a pic of it in the Six Group, Five Shot sticky in this section.

So far we have 12 barrels paid for with a few more pending payment! This is turning out extremely well! If anyone is interested in a barrel for your quad and you would be 100% sure at the $367 shipped price let me know! If we can get a 10 barrel min for the quad I will make a group buy happen!

Timing is everything! I shot it this past weekend and it's beautiful. The bolt and trigger are awesome, nice job. When I get the Lilja installed you can come back up and shoot it. I have a pic of it in the Six Group, Five Shot sticky in this section.
Haha thanks and glad you like it. I'll definitely drag the 40x over when you are all set up.

2 days left! You have all of today and tomorrow up to 12 midnite to get your orders in. I took off from work to make sure this all goes smoothly! Payments sent after midnite on jan 14th may result in a refund!

The following members will be getting there barrel shipped today and will receive ups tracking:

1. mossyoak79
2. Usmcsgt0331
3. Svendogg
4. hdbiker1
5. djdilliodon lol (sorry I thought it was funny)

The following members barrels listed below are back ordered. Projected ship date of end of February :

1. Pinecone
2. Hammertime
3. Pester
4. Iggyort
5. FSRbikr98
6. hillbilly grandpa
7. russ10x

If anyone has any questions please let me know! I thank all of you who jumped on this deal cause if it wasn't for you guys we couldn't of all saved this money! Once your barrel arrives please let me know and show us pics! For those that are waiting on back order don't worry I'll be checking the status with Dan periodically!

Thanks djdilliodon for setting this all up! As soon as I buy a 455 to go with my new barrel, I'll definitely be posting some pics. Again I appreciate it.

Huh? I went from #2 on the list to backordered??????

Everyone that got a straight .900" 22 LR barrel went to a back order! Apparently lilja sold the 4 they had left. The order numbers still play as when a barrel is made they will be shipped by order number (lower number first). You will be the first barrel shipped as 001 has already shipped.