• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 2-stage trigger

SanginSpecial

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2018
A while back there was a thread, and in it there was some expressed interest in a 2-stage trigger for the CZ 457.

Well... Wait no longer. Bscar (Bill Scaramuzzo) has come through for us! He sent me the pictured trigger a week ago so that I could put it through it's paces.

All I can say is WOW! Bill has done it again! It's every bit as nice of a trigger as the one that he designed and sells for the 455.

The trigger arrived preset at 6 and 12 oz, per my request. The first stage is smooth, and then you hit the 2nd stage wall. There is no mistaking the wall, it is very definite. Then apply a little more pressure and "the glass breaks". The break is very crisp and clean.

One of my biggest complaints with the stock CZ trigger is the trigger blade profile. The cross section is "D" shaped and the front part that my finger engages is smooth and round. It's proved to be a bad combo in matches. Especially with bullet lube on my finger. This trigger is much flatter and I can get a much better and consistent purchase with my finger pad.

Bill is trying to gauge interest, so make sure to let him know via this thread or PM.

All I can say is that I have mine and the stock trigger isn't going back on...EVER! This one got installed on my test rifle. Now I need one for my match rifle!

I forgot to mention how consistent the pull is... I didn't need to average. It was identical on 8 of 8 pulls measured with my cheap wheeler gauge. 👍

Attachments

• 20200515_121922.jpg
    20200515_121922.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 408
  • 20200515_135956.jpg
    20200515_135956.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 20200515_144643.jpg
    20200515_144643.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
User adjustable? Price?
Great questions.. I know that it is adjustable, but I'm not sure of the range of adjustability.

I'd recommend contacting Bill via PM. If he's not here on the hide, I know that you can PM him on Rimfire Central, or you could get hold of him through his website

I have one in my 455 and it is fully adjustable for 1st and second stage weight. Down to 2oz if I remember. Blade is oh so nice. The wall that you feel is so flat and solid.

I shot Bill’s 457 trigger as a Prototype, and like his 455 triggers it is awesome! Bill is a super nice guy and makes a great trigger.

Hands down the best trigger u can find for the CZ, he told me it all started as he Mr.Fly trigger and didn’t like it so he decided to start making his own and I guess when you’re a retired machinist and engineer you can make things happen.

Kind of hoping someone makes a nice 2-stage for the 452 some day. Maybe it's time to pick up a newer CZ haha.

I have to say that I'm a little surprised at the interest in a better trigger for the 457, given how decent the factory one is. I've got three 457s - American, MTR, & VPT, and have been very pleased with all three triggers, once I did the very minimal job of adjusting them. All the same, I have no doubt in Bill's ability to come up with a very fine custom trigger, and even though I like the feel of the OEM trigger blade, I'm sure there are those who prefer something different. I've purchased four of his 25 MOA scope rails for the 457s; he was very quick to ship them, and I wouldn't trade them for anything else I've seen or read about. Now if I can just stay away from anyone with one of these new 2-stage triggers and/or resist the temptation to try the break on one...otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'd be a goner, and wouldn't be happy until I'd replaced all three of the triggers on my rifles...

I only have one 457, but put me down for 2 since I'm looking for an at-one to go with my provarmint.

would these fit a 452 ultra lux?
No Sir, they are engineered for the 457 which has a completely different fire control group from the 452.

The 455 and 452 are a much closer match, but I still don't believe that the 455 trigger would work in a 452. Someone else may have a better answer.

Reactions: gwalker
No Sir, they are engineered for the 457 which has a completely different fire control group from the 452.

The 455 and 452 are a much closer match, but I still don't believe that the 455 trigger would work in a 452. Someone else may have a better answer.

Thank you. The world became a little smaller and darker today....:(

Bad news guys..

I've had some discussions with Bill and things aren't quite like he'd like them to be before he starts mass producing these triggers. Here's a copy of the note that he has been replying to those who have been expressing interest...

"I want to thank you for your interest in the 457 two stage trigger.

The test trigger that you may have read about is performing very well. The trigger though has some manufacturing problems. It is extremely hard to setup and it has a very limited pull weight range.

After much thought, I have decided that I will not be offering this trigger as it is today. Even though it is performing well, it does not live up to my expectations.

I will continue to work on a design that I can feel good about.

Thanks for your support,

Bill"

Sad to hear but glad that he is unwilling to put out a product he isnt happy with.

I'm happy with my current trigger. Only thing I'd change would be going to a flat shoe.
Agreed. The only major thing, IMO, that the 2 stage would benefit ME is shooting Smallbore Silhouette where the rules book calls for a 2# minimum on trigger pull. A heavier first stage with a light 2nd stage helps you at the line. I have my 457 trigger at ~8oz and it is nice and smooth.

I read on another forum where Bill isn't totally happy with the design and will not be offering the trigger for sale at the moment but is working on it. There is a shooter named Rick Baum who has tested the trigger and is in communication with Bill so if Rick comes in he can go into further detail.

I thought Rick was the OP of this thread.
You're correct.. Rick here.

Sorry KOD.. I don't have any more info than what I've posted. I sure hope that Bill can get this trigger figured out and start producing them. Mine is truely just as nice as my 455 2-stage trigger made by Bill. The guy is a master craftsman as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: gwalker
Absolutely interested in the improved version...all in due time...Onward Sir!

A while back there was a thread, and in it there was some expressed interest in a 2-stage trigger for the CZ 457.

Well... Wait no longer. Bscar (Bill Scaramuzzo) has come through for us! He sent me the pictured trigger a week ago so that I could put it through it's paces.

All I can say is WOW! Bill has done it again! It's every bit as nice of a trigger as the one that he designed and sells for the 455.

The trigger arrived preset at 6 and 12 oz, per my request. The first stage is smooth, and then you hit the 2nd stage wall. There is no mistaking the wall, it is very definite. Then apply a little more pressure and "the glass breaks". The break is very crisp and clean.

One of my biggest complaints with the stock CZ trigger is the trigger blade profile. The cross section is "D" shaped and the front part that my finger engages is smooth and round. It's proved to be a bad combo in matches. Especially with bullet lube on my finger. This trigger is much flatter and I can get a much better and consistent purchase with my finger pad.

Bill is trying to gauge interest, so make sure to let him know via this thread or PM.

All I can say is that I have mine and the stock trigger isn't going back on...EVER! This one got installed on my test rifle. Now I need one for my match rifle!

I forgot to mention how consistent the pull is... I didn't need to average. It was identical on 8 of 8 pulls measured with my cheap wheeler gauge. 👍
How do I go about buying one

Slight bump here, if only to express a desire for one when they become available. I don’t have a 457... yet. But I have several 452s and really like CZs as a whole. I’m keen to acquire either an MTR or a VPT at some point, so I’ll keep my eyes peeled!

I'm having hell with my 457 trigger not wanting to cock when at an acceptable pull weight.

Because of this, and even though I absolutely hate 2 stage triggers, I'll be in for one if the damn thing cocks every time.

I'm having hell with my 457 trigger not wanting to cock when at an acceptable pull weight.

Because of this, and even though I absolutely hate 2 stage triggers, I'll be in for one if the damn thing cocks every time.

Look at the bottom of the trigger. Take an allen wrench and turn the tiny little set screw 1/4 - 1/2 turn counterclockwise and try again. ??