• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 457 precision chassis

nakoa01

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Anybody have the new cz 457 that's in a chassis??? If so how do you like it

I love mine, it has made it more comfortable shooting for sure.

Attachments

• 20200321_170638.jpg
    20200321_170638.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 1,147
I found those flags at two locations:

I'm zeroed at 50 yds but my scope had enough to Zero at 30 if I wanted. It works great for me and I can dial to 300 yds. I have to use holdovers at 400yds.
Thank you! I think I’ll go with 15 MOA with my 22lr. I don’t have where to shoot beyond 200 yards :(

Looks like a cross between a pdc custom and xlr... I like it

Hey there, new official member to the forum but I have definitely browsed posts before. Can be pretty helpful. Just purchased the CZ Varmint Precision Chassis 16.5” barrel. I haven’t had a chance to take it to the range yet (work is keeping me very busy) but I am very pleased with the quality. However, the buttstock I hate. So much so....that I found myself browsing MPA chassis. And...well....yeah...that happened.

So now, I have a shiny new red MPA CZ chassis coming in the mail tomorrow. Very excited. I’m going to pull everything out of the CZ chassis and mount her up! When I do, I should be able to test out your question (MPA grip fitting CZ Precision Chassis). I’ll let you know what I find with photos and stuff.

I can tell you, however, that the Area 419 bolt knob is a must. MPA’s version is weird because it is drilled all the way thru and it is shinny, whereas the Area 419 one is matte and matches the CZ chassis perfectly. But I much prefer the MPA 30 MOA scope rail over Area 419’s version. I like the fact it sits a little shorter on the action and doesn’t have a giant “419” on it.

Reactions: fluffy shooter
Hey there, new official member to the forum but I have definitely browsed posts before. Can be pretty helpful. Just purchased the CZ Varmint Precision Chassis 16.5” barrel. I haven’t had a chance to take it to the range yet (work is keeping me very busy) but I am very pleased with the quality. However, the buttstock I hate. So much so....that I found myself browsing MPA chassis. And...well....yeah...that happened.

So now, I have a shiny new red MPA CZ chassis coming in the mail tomorrow. Very excited. I’m going to pull everything out of the CZ chassis and mount her up! When I do, I should be able to test out your question (MPA grip fitting CZ Precision Chassis). I’ll let you know what I find with photos and stuff.

I can tell you, however, that the Area 419 bolt knob is a must. MPA’s version is weird because it is drilled all the way thru and it is shinny, whereas the Area 419 one is matte and matches the CZ chassis perfectly. But I much prefer the MPA 30 MOA scope rail over Area 419’s version. I like the fact it sits a little shorter on the action and doesn’t have a giant “419” on it.
I also got my new baby last week and already had a chance to hit range. I don’t like this butt stock too, but overall pleased with the chassis itself. Wouldn’t be easier to replace just butt stock?

Reactions: potshots
I also got my new baby last week and already had a chance to hit range. I don’t like this butt stock too, but overall pleased with the chassis itself. Wouldn’t be easier to replace just butt stock?
Hers is my setup:
  • CZ 457 Varmint 16.5” Precision Chassis
  • MDT vertical grip
  • Area 419 scope base 15 MOA
  • Seekins rings
  • Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 MRAD scope
  • KIDD compensator (for aesthetics
Also see first grouping for zeroing: 50 yard, Federal match 40gr
2745FDB8-72C2-4827-9F6C-1740F8AC9E0F.jpeg
CB1DB0B4-05D9-4C28-89F6-9F362A483502.jpeg

Ok so the funny thing is...you and I have have almost identical setups. Hahaha. I have the same scope rings and same vortex scope (but moa) and an MDT grip (the regular one not the vertical one). I also have that stupid porta brace thing, but really bought that just as a budget fix awhile ago. I ended up purchasing the Atlas BT-46 for the CZ. It’s too late for me to play photographer, but tomorrow when I switch everything over I’ll post some before and after pics.

To answer your question, I also have an FX dreamline tactical air rifle that is outfitted with the MDT SCS stock. I did think about taking that off, however I don’t like the idea of mixing chassis brands....it’s a weird, completely non rational thing I have to deal with. Hahaha. I actually took the pistol grip off my air rifle to use on the CZ as a temporary placeholder until I found one I liked better.

I really like the fit and finish of the MPA chassis, and I found a great deal on a new one, so I just had to do it. Figured I can sell my CZ chassis and recoup some of my money. Plus another way to think of it, I “save” money on having to buy another buttstock. Haha. I know. Makes no sense. But the MPA chassis is so....sexy...and red....

Eventually, I would like to get a nice 18” match barrel. And then at that point, I will probably be thinking to myself, why didn’t you just get a Vudoo. Haha. Oh yeah, because this is my first .22lr anything, and I have no clue what I’m doing. Haha. I love firearms, but have always been into DA/SA pistols. Not rifles. The air rifle got me into the whole precision thing. There is something.....relaxing about it. I just need to go back to school and learn math so I can calculate ballistic drop/wind stuff now. Hahaha.

Attachments

• 645F1402-65F8-4060-923D-99CF0C011F4E.jpeg
    645F1402-65F8-4060-923D-99CF0C011F4E.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 246
Ok. So got everything in. Downside is that the bolt that holds the MPA grip in place was pretty damn tight. I didn’t really want to torque it loose in case it had thread lock on or something. I was only using L wrenches so I didn’t have a lot of leverage. I still posted photos tho comparing the two chassis. not sure the MPA grip will fit flush without modification.

lesson I did learn. DIP aluminum magwell housing will not fit. 😔. I’m going to see if I can file it down a little bit I think it’s just a hair longer. I really don’t want to mess with any modifications to the MPA chassis. Also I still need to get the arca adapter for my atlas bipod. Damn it. Haha. Love the way she looks now tho, will get to the range this weekend to zero and test everything out. Eventually I’ll need an 18” barrel tho. Haha. Looks a little weird with only 16.5”.

Attachments

• E132ADE3-AB97-4C4D-AA63-A5FF4F6D7ABC.jpeg
    E132ADE3-AB97-4C4D-AA63-A5FF4F6D7ABC.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 501
  • C04AB019-C04F-4A29-AC7C-D9BCFE25EC4F.jpeg
    C04AB019-C04F-4A29-AC7C-D9BCFE25EC4F.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 482
  • DEBDCF29-3454-44FE-87EE-95227EF22B33.jpeg
    DEBDCF29-3454-44FE-87EE-95227EF22B33.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 770
  • 50900FB9-0199-4E05-B09A-D8E0C28F25CC.jpeg
    50900FB9-0199-4E05-B09A-D8E0C28F25CC.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 426
  • 42F3E366-4F89-4FBC-BB9F-FC51E8665F43.jpeg
    42F3E366-4F89-4FBC-BB9F-FC51E8665F43.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 493
  • EDFA0D0D-2EE5-437B-A189-3FDDD40F27DD.jpeg
    EDFA0D0D-2EE5-437B-A189-3FDDD40F27DD.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 2,278
  • 52340CBA-1583-45B8-AAFF-8D687D043A05.jpeg
    52340CBA-1583-45B8-AAFF-8D687D043A05.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 539
Ok. So got everything in. Downside is that the bolt that holds the MPA grip in place was pretty damn tight. I didn’t really want to torque it loose in case it had thread lock on or something. I was only using L wrenches so I didn’t have a lot of leverage. I still posted photos tho comparing the two chassis. not sure the MPA grip will fit flush without modification.

lesson I did learn. DIP aluminum magwell housing will not fit. 😔. I’m going to see if I can file it down a little bit I think it’s just a hair longer. I really don’t want to mess with any modifications to the MPA chassis. Also I still need to get the arca adapter for my atlas bipod. Damn it. Haha. Love the way she looks now tho, will get to the range this weekend to zero and test everything out. Eventually I’ll need an 18” barrel tho. Haha. Looks a little weird with only 16.5”.
I like MPA chassis. Also, I added compensator to my rifle with 16.5" barrel, so it looks nicer. Not too weird. It's much cheaper than replacing the barrel unless 18" adds to the accuracy.

Interested in selling the stock chassis?

The CZ chassis is great but like others have said the stock is the downfall. CZ has one in-house shooter for precision rimfire and if you look at his rifle it is the CZ chassis but the stock has been replaced with an XLR. With the new stock the setup is pretty great, he also added a thumb rest on the right side, this is helpful because the area of the rear tang is pretty skinny and makes free recoil easier

Anybody ever try the KRG Bravo chassis? Don't think I can afford $1K for a chassis right now!

I've been looking around for the MTR chamber version of this for awhile with no luck, with the green forearm and orange trigger guard.

CZ Varmint Precision Chassis MTR

I have a 10/22 in the Mcrees stock and not really impressed with the design. Mostly how much flex is in the forearm since it's just a bolted tab interface onto the receiver. On my 10/22 it's pretty easy to flex the forearm into the bull barrel, especially with it being so long. CZ version might be better, but had I known the receiver/forearm was not 1 piece I'd have never ordered it.

The Bravo is nice and tough to beat for the 10/22 at $249, but at $370 for the 457, by the time you add adjustable butt plate, an arca rail, and bipod mount up front you are at $600, tooless LOP will push you close to $900, that's Whiskey-3, and nearly MPA BA chassis pricing. MDT XRS seems nice but again it's $500, and you still don't have tooless LOP, and no adjustable buttplate, and no arca/bipod setup. XLR Element 4.0 looks pretty good, you get arca and adjustable butt plate, but it's still $600. That said I'd take either the MDT or XLR over the Bravo at basically the same price once you add stuff most are going to want onto the Bravo.

The more I see of PDC custom the more I think they are probably the most bang for the buck. You can get tooless adjustable buttplate, LOP, and cheek rest, the chassis forearm already milled for 2 arca slots, thumb rest and barricade stop for $635 in your choice of powder coat color. Not just a couple thumb screws quick adjustable, but actual threaded detent adjustments similar to MPA. I really think this is probably the best price/feature option available.

The downside to me of the chassis that take the AR15 rear stocks is there isn't really any good option for them from a precision standpoint unless you almost double the price of the chassis. A Magpul PRS doesn't have good ergonomics because of the big hump that's exposed eat into the back of your hand (learned this on the Mcrees) and this applies to any of the "rifle" tube style AR stocks. The Luth options just are not very solid, the cheek rests flex a lot, they need to update the cheek rest design to be supported on both sides. Something like the XLR or MDT rear stock adds another $250-$300.

Last edited:
I enjoy the bravo much. tbh i may go back to provarmint boyd stock just bc of weight, but I mainly use mine for hunting right now. I dont have any fancy bravo addons. One of the nice things is you can get a short LOP with bravo, 12.5.

20210902_193733.jpg

20210911_151844.jpg

Last edited:
I can safely say this is the most fun i have had with a rifle in over 60 years. It is incredibly accurate with standard velocity ammo. I have a 30-moa rail with a 4x27 Athlon Ares btr2 BTR, a Timney trigger set to 8 ounces, and a mdt vertical grip I really like as I have big hands. I tried to buy the 17hmr bbl from cz but no luck so I called Carson at Lilja and he made this beauty for me. The chassis i bought because i "WAS" going to buy one so thought their looked cool for the price. The luth stock is awesome with the added cheek piece pad and it has a set screw and wrench in the stock to tighteen it down when shooting - a very cool feature. It all fits in a 28inch bag.

In 22 regularly shoot 2100s in our precision match (2500 clean) at 50 and it shoots under an inch at 100 yds in the 22 and 17 configuration. The most fun is shooting the leftover clays from the trapshooters on the hill at ranges from 125 to 150 yds. Its accurate enough to shoot slays on their sides at those ranges 1/2 inch profile.

I am planning a squirrel and pd hunt with the 17 this year and look to have a lot of fun, it's easy to swap calibers and so damn much fun to shoot. Did i mention its fun to shoot!!!:):):)

Attachments

• 20220821_111358.jpg
    20220821_111358.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 78
  • cz457provarmintchassis.jpg
    cz457provarmintchassis.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 70
Anybody have the new cz 457 that's in a chassis??? If so how do you like it
3DEF4D5C-9D7D-4232-A098-F4EDC3CBB49A.jpeg

I traded into one that sat on the dealers shelf since they opened.
Back story- I’m very opinionated/ have owned and competed with many 452s, killed my largest deer with a 452 Classic, great guns.
Purchased a beautiful 455 Varmint, and was unable to get it to group and was unwilling to jump into parts swapping on a design I felt inferior to the 452.
Back to this 457, I didn’t want it.
I actually was set to part with it, but the deal fell through, and I decided to set it up as a loaner for our matches. This past weekend I removed the Shepherd scope and replaced with a StrikeEagle, stole my grip from the AR, took it to the bandsaw and fitted it to the CZ.
I crawl a stock, and cannot get comfortable behind this version of the Luth, perhaps one with more length and an adjustable buttplate would work, I dunno. What I do know is this, at 100m it likes CCI SV better than my Berg likes the Geco BR, like a lot. Like the darn thing would hard press 2 Anschutz rifles I’ve owned in the past, like I’m wondering if I’m screwing up to use it as a loaner!
This is the version with a 24” light tapered barrel, black trigger, round bolt knob, and does have a slightly flared mag-well.

Reactions: WeeHooker
View attachment 7989069
Back story- I’m very opinionated/ have owned and competed with many 452s, killed my largest deer with a 452 Classic, great guns.
Purchased a beautiful 455 Varmint, and was unable to get it to group and was unwilling to jump into parts swapping on a design I felt inferior to the 452.
I actually was set to part with it, but the deal fell through, and I decided to set it up as a loaner for our matches. This past weekend I removed the Shepherd scope and replaced with a StrikeEagle, stole my grip from the AR, took it to the bandsaw and fitted it to the CZ.
I crawl a stock, and cannot get comfortable behind this version of the Luth, perhaps one with more length and an adjustable buttplate would work, I dunno. What I do know is this, at 100m it likes CCI SV better than my Berg likes the Geco BR, like a lot. Like the darn thing would hard press 2 Anschutz rifles I’ve owned in the past, like I’m wondering if I’m screwing up to use it as a loaner!
This is the version with a 24” light tapered barrel, black trigger, round bolt knob, and does have a slightly flared mag-well.
BTW, if important to anyone, as you see it balances forward of the mag-well.
B125BE4C-F105-4142-A280-53BCE917E7A1.jpeg

Last edited:
I also have the 24” chassis version. Going to have to actually go shoot it now after seeing your opinion

Reactions: obx22
I’ve got the MDT ACC with the full internal weight kit as well as three pair of external. Lijia barrel timney trigger. This thing is balanced so good and shoots so sweet. It shoots sub moa groups at 100 with Norma tac. .87 average. Sk standard plus a little better.

It pains me to have to sell it soon. But the wife gets what the wife wants.

I’ve got the MDT ACC with the full internal weight kit as well as three pair of external. Lijia barrel timney trigger. This thing is balanced so good and shoots so sweet. It shoots sub moa groups at 100 with Norma tac. .87 average. Sk standard plus a little better.

It pains me to have to sell it soon. But the wife gets what the wife wants.
Sounds like a nice setup

The 24” heavy taper 457’s (At One, VPC, VPT) shoot well. I just bought a Bergara B14 and put a Jewell BR trigger in it. I’ve only had it out once and it was in low wind. It’s not even close to the 457 VPC in accuracy so far. To be fair it may not be broken in yet.
26708695-108A-44A4-8620-9A4955CFA69C.jpeg
020DE1EC-D120-411A-9D70-D4FEE459D09B.jpeg

Reactions: WeeHooker
View attachment 7989069
I found the Luth stock to be decent once I made a few additions/mods. Namely an Anarchy Outdoors cheek pad and the Luth MBA3 3 axis butt assy ( which adds another inch and infinite adjustment to the LOP. It also adds a fatter and softer recoil pad which feels much better.) Lastly, I replaced the buffer tube set screw with a 10-24x 1/2" thumbwheel so LOP can be adjusted on the fly as does the cheek rest. I now feel the stock is greatly improved for a $75 total investment.

Attachments

• VPC Luth-AR.jpg
    VPC Luth-AR.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 63
  • CZ VPC Stock.jpg
    CZ VPC Stock.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: obx22
The 24” heavy taper 457’s (At One, VPC, VPT) shoot well. I just bought a Bergara B14 and put a Jewell BR trigger in it. I’ve only had it out once and it was in low wind. It’s not even close to the 457 VPC in accuracy so far. To be fair it may not be broken in yet.View attachment 7992389View attachment 7992392
I picked up a b14r also a lefty in steel and stuck it in a whiskey 3 chassis, it shoots good. Oddly enough it really, really likes Eley Force, which honestly may be a good thing since I intend to shoot it LR if I hang onto it. The cz457 vpc mines a 24" though is a solid shooter and shoots really any decent quality ammo really good with SK match and LR and eley contact making just one ragged hole at 50 yds indoors.

Reactions: Appalachian
I found the Luth stock to be decent once I made a few additions/mods. Namely an Anarchy Outdoors cheek pad and the Luth MBA3 3 axis butt assy ( which adds another inch and infinite adjustment to the LOP. It also adds a fatter and softer recoil pad which feels much better.) Lastly, I replaced the buffer tube set screw with a 10-24x 1/2" thumbwheel so LOP can be adjusted on the fly as does the cheek rest. I now feel the stock is greatly improved for a $75 total investment.
Appreciate that👍
I’ll be looking into it!