• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 457 Trigger job

duckassassin1

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
After researching triggers and trigger jobs for my new to me CZ 457, I found several posts from AIRGUNShawn. I contacted Shawn on his kit and asked a couple of questions. I decided to buy the kit which is a bargain by the way.

After receiving my kit in the mail and a couple of texts and calls to and from Shawn, i jumped in and started the work. Total job time approximately 1:45 minutes start to finish, and all I can say is wow, i went from a 20 oz gritty trigger to an 8oz crisp, velvety smooth work of art. Shawns directions are spot on and with the amount of material in the kit, you should be able to do several triggers.

I can't recommend this enough, and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you,

Jeff

Me too. Worth every penny. Here's my results and this was a long time ago. IIRC that was an average of 5 pulls.
IMG_20200127_223023.jpg
IMG_20200209_165830.jpg

Reactions: linohawaii
I haven't read any of Shawn's posts in a while. Is there more to the kit than just a spring? He did come up with a part number from McMillan that was the same spring that Yo-Dave was selling for $15 and $10 shipping.
There is also a part number for a spring smaller in diameter that will get the trigger pull even lighter.
The drawback is that you have to order a bunch of them, I forgot what the quantity was.

I haven't read any of Shawn's posts in a while. Is there more to the kit than just a spring? He did come up with a part number from McMillan that was the same spring that Yo-Dave was selling for $15 and $10 shipping.
There is also a part number for a spring smaller in diameter that will get the trigger pull even lighter.
The drawback is that you have to order a bunch of them, I forgot what the quantity was.

Mine had a couple springs, lapping film, some grease, dope cards, and a bolt dissembly tool.

Can you post a pic of the bolt tool? Not sure I have ever seen one.

Can you post a pic of the bolt tool? Not sure I have ever seen one.

This is what it looks like. Appears it won't work for a 457 though.

Attachments

• 15857817260026726068714591178244.jpg
    15857817260026726068714591178244.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 170
New to rim fire and the forum. Got a McMaster Carr spring for my 457. It’s lighter but def gritty and creepy. I’m spoiled by my air rifles so hoping Shawn still makes this kit.

Installed the YoDave’s trigger Spring.
Before installing it, I had tested the trigger weight when I first got it. From the Factory the pull weight was 2 lbs. 3 oz. It felt a little heavy but not to bad without hardly any creep. Installing the spring took less than ten minutes (pull weight now 1 lbs. 3oz just by installing it). It feels 100% better, smoother and light.