• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Bren 2 MS

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
anyone have any knowledge or experience with these? have looked everywhere,at every review and sales site. seems to be 1/7 barrel 8-16",5.56 chamber,short piston action. has been hard to get a firm take on twist rate and exactly which chamber it's cut for. just wanting to know if anyone has hands on impressions or experience.

Friend has a BREN 2 Ms Carbine (16") in 5.56. Helped him paint it, so have seen the inside in detail, fired it quite a bit. Seems delightful, no reservations about it. I have too many projects (and they are hard to find in carbine form, a third friend got this on his travels when he ran across it) or I'd add one to my collection.

If there is some nuance I am missing, okay but the barrel is actually stamped 5.56 and they mostly make guns for the military so I assume that its a CIP spec chamber.
51077638927_606b2dcde9_b.jpg

thanks. expensive like KAC,larue etc. pistols are around but carbines uncommon FS. for some reason carbines are rather more expensive than the pistols. could convert pistol to rifle i guess but CZ parts are a crap shoot for availability i bet. anybody else?

I have the 7.62x39 model, and I love it. I wasn't sure if I would like it, I've seen plenty of negative reviews (based on poor reliability and poor factory support), but the gun has completely exceeded my expectations.

The pistol versions are very light, the carbines have a heavier barrel profile.

My 7.62x39 is more accurate than I was expecting. I wanted a modern 7.62x39 that I could use to shoot cheap steel ammo and the gun has really impressed me.

Magazine avability and reliability are two problems you shouldn't have to worry about with the 5.56 model.

The 5.56 model didn't interest me as I already have AR15s, however, now that I've had experience with the bren 2... if I were looking for a lightweight carbine in 5.56, I'd probably pick one over another AR at this point (but I wouldn't be without an AR15 of some kind). It's just a really well thought out weapon. It's light, has ambi controls, has a really nice folding folding stock, the factory trigger is quite nice, as are the flip up sights.

My only complaints would be too heavy of a barrel on the carbine model, to short of a handguard on the pistol model.

Personally, I would buy the 14" pistol model, then buy the 922r kit and pin and weld the barrel to 16" inches. Then potentially buy a longer handguard if the factory HG is too short for you.

I think the 14" model with the factory stock (and flip up sights) should weight about 6.25 lbs, which is where I like my carbines to be.

thanks. i have not found info on poor reliability. but,would like to look at that. poor factory support from czech rep. not a surprise unless the gun really takes off and acquires USA dealers that are responsive.

The first generation guns had reliability issues, I *think* only/mostly in the semi-auto variant that we can have, not so much the issued one but those did get some updates as well so... maybe?

The 2 is a heavily updated gun, as far as I know there are no issues, but it is hard to tell as some circles paint all CZ BREN in the same brush. It is like trying to find the truth about reliability of the AR15 in the mid-80s when it was all the same VN-era stories over and over again.

a very good analysis. guess i am looking on the bright side as i am impressed by what i have seen,want to get one (when i can aford it). i have learned that they are very differnt mod1 vs mod2. still keep my best regular ARs,but move 2 other good ones but not my favs.

The problems seem to be with the x39... It's been a mess, too long of a story for me to chronical, the short story is... if you buy a x39, it's a gamble... CZ USA isn't able to actually fix should you have problems so they have been offering exchanges for 5.56 models or refunds. We aren't talking 1 malfunction every 1000 rounds either... People who have problems can't get through 1 mag with multiple malfunctions.

If you want to read about it... Spend some time on the bren 2 subreddit, czfirearms.us forums and the 80+ page thread on AR15.com. Lots of people are having the same problems with no support from CZ USA (other than an exchange for a 5.56 model or a refund). And unfortunately, these issues seems to be with current production guns. People keep buying 2021 production guns and they still have issues.

I love mine... And I'm sure in time, these guns will be "fixed", but right now, it's still a gamble with the x39 models. The 5.56 models seem to be okay.

RifleGear has 5 carbines in stock for $2255. No affiliation, just a very happy customer.

Quality carbines for $1500-2500 is just sorta the going rate. These are a /tidge/ above any other quality rifle. Sure they don't compete with domestic commodity ARs but these prices don't scare me at all compared to some other imports (SAN/SIG, B&T,...).

I like Thorbeast's info on them importing a 14" pistol. Too many rifle caliber pistols are 8 or 10" which is a slog to get rifle qualified, else it is gheyed up brace or NFA and I have enough papered guns. This is a bit enticing, will keep in mind if I find a good one when I have spare money.

Reviving this thread for input!!

Just got a CZ Bren 2 Ms and was wondering what people were using for sights/scopes. Would like to find a good 7.62x39 BDC reticle but its been difficult to nail down. Any Thoughts or experiences??? Thanks

my only gripe with it is there is no telescoping stock option for it. would love one in 7.62x39 to run suppressed

1) Marylandistan is why I need non-folding telescopic (praying for SCOTUS intervention in Bianchi)
2) They don't offer that model in the US, I asked. only what you see on CZ-USA is available.
3) yeah, its more that I have a metric ton of 7.62x39, already reload x39, and have a good cycling subsonic load for x39, so no real reason to change. on top of that there is a company that makes an AK mag lower for the Bren 2MS

Reactions: shoobe01
I have the 7.62x39 model, and I love it. I wasn't sure if I would like it, I've seen plenty of negative reviews (based on poor reliability and poor factory support), but the gun has completely exceeded my expectations.

The pistol versions are very light, the carbines have a heavier barrel profile.

My 7.62x39 is more accurate than I was expecting. I wanted a modern 7.62x39 that I could use to shoot cheap steel ammo and the gun has really impressed me.

Magazine avability and reliability are two problems you shouldn't have to worry about with the 5.56 model.

The 5.56 model didn't interest me as I already have AR15s, however, now that I've had experience with the bren 2... if I were looking for a lightweight carbine in 5.56, I'd probably pick one over another AR at this point (but I wouldn't be without an AR15 of some kind). It's just a really well thought out weapon. It's light, has ambi controls, has a really nice folding folding stock, the factory trigger is quite nice, as are the flip up sights.

My only complaints would be too heavy of a barrel on the carbine model, to short of a handguard on the pistol model.

Personally, I would buy the 14" pistol model, then buy the 922r kit and pin and weld the barrel to 16" inches. Then potentially buy a longer handguard if the factory HG is too short for you.

I think the 14" model with the factory stock (and flip up sights) should weight about 6.25 lbs, which is where I like my carbines to be.

Cool,

I am sort of interested in the 762 version as a cheap steel cased blaster but since 762 is pretty close to the price of 556, its not quite as interesting.

Yeah, I actually haven't shot mine much because I refuse to pay more than .30/round for x39. I bought mine in 2020 before x39 went crazy. However, the ammo is coming back down and I'll probably place a large order soon. There was a moment there when I thought about selling it due to ammo costs.

Reviving this thread for input!!

Just got a CZ Bren 2 Ms and was wondering what people were using for sights/scopes. Would like to find a good 7.62x39 BDC reticle but its been difficult to nail down. Any Thoughts or experiences??? Thanks
Personally I'd do a ta33. I have a ta11 on mine, but that's only because I already had the ta11 laying around. There is a x39 reticle available for the ta33.

Well, I won a GB auction for a new 8" 5.56 Bren 2ms and got it for $1,302.00
I think that just might be below dealer cost or pretty darn close? At any rate, I think it's certainly worth a look see.
I've already got 2 Bren 805 11"'ers and I will never part with those 2.
I'm thinking this 8" Bren2 will be pretty handy for having in the truck or going camping or what not.

Well, I won a GB auction for a new 8" 5.56 Bren 2ms and got it for $1,302.00
I think that just might be below dealer cost or pretty darn close? At any rate, I think it's certainly worth a look see.
I've already got 2 Bren 805 11"'ers and I will never part with those 2.
I'm thinking this 8" Bren2 will be pretty handy for having in the truck or going camping or what not.
Damn, you still never partin with em? :,) I’ve been trying to hard to find one but they’re all snatched up

Since I'm reminded this thread exists:

HBI has come out with a complete piston kit for the Bren 2 to help with general gas issues like stovepiping on some poorly-adjusted 7.62x39 models and for suppressed use: https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-optimized-gas-regulator-assembly/

After trying a few different things, I've basically made a custom telescopic setup for the 2MS.

Still saving to grab an 11" x39 model, then I'll be getting it fabricated as a test, if it works well it's designed to use wither SB tac braces or standard magpul buttpads.