• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Eley Match misfire

I've been having similar issues w/ Eley Match out of my new RimX. Like 10+ failure to fire out of the first 100 shot. Like you, I can spin them around and get them to shoot (1 had to be spun twice). I haven't shot anything else out of it yet, so I can't say for sure if it's the spring or the ammo.

Possibilities...

Weak spring, maybe.
Brass is too hard.
Bolt needs cleaning due to build up of burn residue inside or on the face.
Failure to prime the entire rim at the factory.
Rim formed incorrectly with no gap for primer to fill.
Mishandling during shipping. Rough handling or a single drop from waist height
can knock primer loose from the rim of the brass case.
Did UPS or FedEx deliver? :(

Picked up some SK Rifle Match today. Will test it tomorrow, see if it’s the spring.

Shot the SK Rifle Match today: 25 for 25. The Eley Match had 3 FtFire in 13 rds (had a partial box) in identical conditions from the same rifle.

There are alot of variables that play into this and nothing is absolutely certain, but I feel pretty confident that this latest batch of Eley Match isn't performing like it's supposed to.

N
Shot the SK Rifle Match today: 25 for 25. The Eley Match had 3 FtFire in 13 rds (had a partial box) in identical conditions from the same rifle.

There are alot of variables that play into this and nothing is absolutely certain, but I feel pretty confident that this latest batch of Eley Match isn't performing like it's supposed to.
Shot Eley Match in a local match. In spite of 2 FTFire the ammo was very accurate. Both fired after rotate & rechamber.

OFG

Last edited:
Shot Eley for the first time the other week and of the 20 I loaded in the mags 4 failed to fire. All had firing pin marks. At first I thought it was my son just not closing the bolt fully because I put the first one back in the mag and it fired. Then several more mis fires. So we just continued to fire SK std + which I have never had an issue with. I shoot a Bergara. The first 3 rds in the pics are the misfires.

Attachments

• 06C8A740-1AF4-41F4-B7F3-A52AD20E76D5.jpeg
    06C8A740-1AF4-41F4-B7F3-A52AD20E76D5.jpeg
    727.9 KB · Views: 70