• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Scorpion Micro 3 lug Barrels - HBI vs ILWT

SMTGWKD

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
I'm looking to convert my scorpion Evo SBR into a micro setup and I'm wondering if anyone can provide advice or experience on the hbi 5.3 in 3 lug Barrel versus the In Lead We Trust 3 lug barrel with the 1/2 by 28 threads machined into the front.

I'm always a fan of versatility, although I'm not sure I will ever use the threads themselves. The cost difference is $300 for the hbi conversion versus $333 for the hbi handguard conversion and the In Leade We Trust barrel. Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Also - I have an ar9 upper with 1/2x28 threads and a TROS 3 lug adapter on it. On the suppressor side I'd have to switch from nelson to fixed one way for the other if using threads vs Nelson to 3 lug unless i pick up another suppressor.

In the end, I guess it's a 3 lug vs fixed spacer question, right?

I had converted my evo with the ILWT tri lug barrel. I put a few hundred round through it before I sold it. It was run both with and without a suppressor. I don’t remember it having any problems.

I had converted my evo with the ILWT tri lug barrel. I put a few hundred round through it before I sold it. It was run both with and without a suppressor. I don’t remember it having any problems.

Did you find the threaded part to be in the way at all for 3 lug use? Enough threads and shoulder for direct thread?

Also - why did you end up selling?

I didn't have a issues with my tri lug. I ran it with a rugged obsidian 45 with the tri lug adapter. I found a picture from when I sold it that shows the threads and shoulder. The reason for selling it because I got a mpx.

Attachments

• IMG_3543[58].jpg
    IMG_3543[58].jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 80