• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors CZ Scorpion Suppressor

AngryKoala

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
What suppressors did you guys like/dislike on your cz scorpion? I just picked one up so looking for some user input. Thank you in advance!

My next can will be a 36M with the ability to run 338 LM and my 9mm scorpion

I have a silencerco octane 9HD, not the new 2.0 though. Its quiet, but i had to loctite everything and really torque it together so it didnt fall apart shooting. If I were gonna dedicate a can to it Id go short and fat vs long and skinny...giggity?

A buddy is waiting on a wolfman, they are modular with a short and long and also rated up to 7.62x39 in long configuration with 16" barrel I believe. Probably a bit on the heavy side of 9mm cans.

My final thoughts on suppressing a scorpion, they have a very distinct slap when they chamber from the bolt coming home. You cannot stop it, and it is a bit loud. Being a blowback operated gun, if you have a suppressor that adds a significant amount more blowback, dedicate 2-3 mags specifically for range use, and then dedicate however many you want for a grab and go loadout after verifying operation, if that is a consideration. While it took a ton of shooting with a suppressor, eventually I caked enough carbon into a couple of mags that the follower got sluggish and was causing fail to feed, and one mag just straight froze the follower in place. Easy enough to clean up but just FYI, it can happen...eventually.

Reactions: Geno C.
I've got a Rugged Obsidian45 in jail right now for mine and my buddy runs a YHM R9 and likes it

I have a silencerco octane 9HD, not the new 2.0 though. Its quiet, but i had to loctite everything and really torque it together so it didnt fall apart shooting. If I were gonna dedicate a can to it Id go short and fat vs long and skinny...giggity?

A buddy is waiting on a wolfman, they are modular with a short and long and also rated up to 7.62x39 in long configuration with 16" barrel I believe. Probably a bit on the heavy side of 9mm cans.

My final thoughts on suppressing a scorpion, they have a very distinct slap when they chamber from the bolt coming home. You cannot stop it, and it is a bit loud. Being a blowback operated gun, if you have a suppressor that adds a significant amount more blowback, dedicate 2-3 mags specifically for range use, and then dedicate however many you want for a grab and go loadout after verifying operation, if that is a consideration. While it took a ton of shooting with a suppressor, eventually I caked enough carbon into a couple of mags that the follower got sluggish and was causing fail to feed, and one mag just straight froze the follower in place. Easy enough to clean up but just FYI, it can happen...eventually.

Good info, I'll look for a low pressure can. I might also see if cz custom can clean up the bolt a bit. I believe I read somewhere that they do that and it helped with the sound.

Dead Air Wolfman, Dead Air Ghost-M, or Rubbed Obsidian 9 or 45 (depending on your versatility).

I am dedicating the suppressor to the gun so not too worries about multigun performance. I'm just looking for the best can for that gun specifically.

I've got a Rugged Obsidian45 in jail right now for mine and my buddy runs a YHM R9 and likes it

Let me know how you like it when you test it out.

If you're going to go dedicated, check out Innovative Arms. They make a setup that uses helical drilled holes in the barrel in conjunction with an integral can (similar to a integrally suppressed mp5) to slow down any 9mm round to subsonic speeds. 115gr FMJ's sound stupid quiet with that. Downside is you'd have to do a whole barrel swap if you wanted to shoot unsuppressed (for whatever reason).

Reactions: AngryKoala
A couple friends did a Form 1 Quiet Bore 9mm for their Scorpions. fast and fairly cheap. maybe not as fancy
Same as you, dedicated to that firearm.

Just got to shoot one the other day. darn quiet with subs. We were indoors doing quals, and shot it after. I didn't get a chance to shoot it no ear pro to really see. But with the volume turned up on my muffs, it was still really quiet

Reactions: AngryKoala
Dont get too wrapped around the axle with "low blowback" on a pistol can. TBH most of then perform fairly similarly in that regard. The weapon operates off blowback anyway so its still gonna be a dirty girl no matter what, just gets there faster with any suppressor hangin off the end. Just keep an eye on mags and if they start to seem sluggish or just wipe em out on occasion.

Is there a budget for this new suppressor?

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Dont get too wrapped around the axle with "low blowback" on a pistol can. TBH most of then perform fairly similarly in that regard. The weapon operates off blowback anyway so its still gonna be a dirty girl no matter what, just gets there faster with any suppressor hangin off the end. Just keep an eye on mags and if they start to seem sluggish or just wipe em out on occasion.

Is there a budget for this new suppressor?

No budget, just want the best option based on people's experience. Just bought two surefire RC2 cans to dedicate to the ARs I actually shoot. After shooting my buddies suppressed AR I can't imagine shooting unsuppressed anymore, much more enjoyable indoors.

No budget, just want the best option based on people's experience. Just bought two surefire RC2 cans to dedicate to the ARs I actually shoot. After shooting my buddies suppressed AR I can't imagine shooting unsuppressed anymore, much more enjoyable indoors.
If there's no budget, and you want the most badass PCC 9mm can you can buy right now... The Dead Air Wolfman is your huckleberry. 👍🏼

It has a ton of mounting options, including direct-thread, and the KeyMicro brake and its very own KeyMo device, so it's QD. And Mike said he liked the idea of a tri-lug setup for it in the future... So, that would be another cool mounting option.

Reactions: NateSavannah
If there's no budget, and you want the most badass PCC 9mm can you can buy right now... The Dead Air Wolfman is your huckleberry. 👍🏼

It has a ton of mounting options, including direct-thread, and the KeyMicro brake and its very own KeyMo device, so it's QD. And Mike said he liked the idea of a tri-lug setup for it in the future... So, that would be another cool mounting option.

Is there a benefit to one mounting option over the other? It's a fixed barrel so I'm assuming it doesn't need a piston.

Is there a benefit to one mounting option over the other? It's a fixed barrel so I'm assuming it doesn't need a piston.
I'm fixing to sound like a fanboy, but I honestly research everything before buying, and study guns and suppressors and ammo, and all-things involved in those realms. I've been around a long time, and these are just my opinions after studying up on all the pros and cons of all the big name mounting systems. There are lots of good options out there, but IMO, the best option is the Dead Air KeyMo setup.

Consistency, quality, lockup, reliability, robustness, number of parts, user serviceable, etc... Yes, there are many advantages to some mounting systems over others. The Dead Air KeyMo design is about the most robust and repeatable and reliable mounting system currently on the market.

The fact you want to run it on a PCC, you will NOT be using a piston. So you will want a rigid or direct thread mount. The Dead Air KeyMicro muzzle brake comes in 1/2x28 for 9mm PCC's, and you can buy a special KeyMo that mounts to the Wolfman, that works just like the full-size KeyMo for the rifle cartridges.

This would be a badass setup, and easy to remove and reinstall after cleaning, or if you want to shoot unsuppressed, you still get the benefits of a muzzle brake. 👍🏼

Last edited:
I'm fixing to sound like a fanboy, but I honestly research everything before buying, and study guns and suppressors and ammo, and all-things involved in those realms. I've been around a long time, and these are just my opinions after studying up on all the pros and cons of all the big name mounting systems. There are lots of good options out there, but IMO, the best option is the Dead Air KeyMo setup.

Consistency, quality, lockup, reliability, robustness, number of parts, user serviceable, etc... Yes, there are many advantages to some mounting systems over others. The Dead Air KeyMo design is about the most robust and repeatable and reliable mounting system currently on the market.

The fact you want to run it on a PCC, you will NOT be using a piston. So you will want a rigid or direct thread mount. The Dead Air KeyMicro muzzle brake comes in 1/2x28 for 9mm PCC's, and you can buy a special KeyMo that mounts to the Wolfman, that works just like the full-size KeyMo for the rifle cartridges.

This would be a badass setup, and easy to remove and reinstall after cleaning, or if you want to shoot unsuppressed, you still get the benefits of a muzzle brake. 👍🏼

Exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Reactions: FuhQ
Exactly what I needed. Thank you.
everything mudrunner said. Ive done the same thing to my apc9k. Key micro muzzle brake on it and it shoots even better unsuppressed. and quick qd to put the wolfman on it. the keymicro also work w/ their fullsize flash hider (not their fullsize muzzle brake). its quick and makes sense. youre not stuck direct threading, quick on and off.

everything mudrunner said. Ive done the same thing to my apc9k. Key micro muzzle brake on it and it shoots even better unsuppressed. and quick qd to put the wolfman on it. the keymicro also work w/ their fullsize flash hider (not their fullsize muzzle brake). its quick and makes sense. youre not stuck direct threading, quick on and off.
All these years, I've never built a PCC, but I'm thinking hard about one once shit settles back down...Probably order the Aero EPC9 builders kit if they ever get back in stock. I'll most likely go Wolfman and KeyMicro...The same setup we've been talking about. I love the KeyMount brakes & KeyMo setup on my rifles with my Nomad-LT and Sandman-S.

Actually looking at grabbing the apc10 here soon. The scorpion will be wearing the can all the time once received but that keymo video looked pretty bad ass.

All these years, I've never built a PCC, but I'm thinking hard about one once shit settles back down...Probably order the Aero EPC9 builders kit if they ever get back in stock. I'll most likely go Wolfman and KeyMicro...The same setup we've been talking about. I love the KeyMount brakes & KeyMo setup on my rifles with my Nomad-LT and Sandman-S.

I bought two RC2 cans because my Geisseles came with the surefire flashhider.

I might try a different suppressor once the SR15 comes in. How do you like the Sandman?

I don’t mean to high jack your thread and hope you don’t mind but I put a Sig SRD9 in jail today for my scorpion. Haven’t shot it yet so don’t really have an opinion yet. I do know we put a buddys Octane 9 on my scorpion and it works excellent, light enough, plenty quite. I just went with the sig because that’s what I could get the quickest from my dealer.

I don’t mean to high jack your thread and hope you don’t mind but I put a Sig SRD9 in jail today for my scorpion. Haven’t shot it yet so don’t really have an opinion yet. I do know we put a buddys Octane 9 on my scorpion and it works excellent, light enough, plenty quite. I just went with the sig because that’s what I could get the quickest from my dealer.
Don't mind at all, we are all trying to learn. More info the better.

I might try a different suppressor once the SR15 comes in. How do you like the Sandman?
For a 6.8" can, it's damn-impressive on my AR's, especially my .300 BLK. It was even hearing-safe (IMO, and I have severe tinnitus) on supersonic 5.56 & 6.5 Grendel inside of the enclosed shooting area you will see in the video below. It's also really nice on my bolt-action .260 Remington. The Sandman-S has a really nice low tone sound to it, which makes is very nice on subsonics, and even on supersonics...Very nice sounding can. For an AR-host can, the Sandman-S or L is what I would recommend. For bolt-actions and precision rifles (barrels over 16" and not being rapid-fired) the Nomad series is the king of the mountain. I'm waiting on my Nomad-LT stamp to be approved any day now.

Not the best sound quality, but here's a quick video I made the other day. Feel free to go to my YT channel, like subscribe, share the video, etc... It would be really helpful. Trying to grow my channel, and it's taking forever. 🤣

Last edited:
I use a DA Wolf (not wolfman) on a 3 lug mount on m Scorp....and a couple other platforms from 9mm to 300BO.

I'm still waiting on OSS Rad 9 reviews before committing to the Wolfman for my MPX. I heard the MPX can be a gassy boy...

I’ll pile on for DeadAir...I’m running the Ghost with a tri lug adapter. It doesn’t get any easier than the tri lug in my opinion.

I got a sandman L. wish I would have gotten the S. The L is a little quieter than the S. but the length limits what I want to put it on. Its a long bastard. On my bolt guns the POI is very very minimal and its super quiet. On my 14.5 radian its just too damned long. But like mudrunner said those sandmans have a lower tone to them and sound great. and they are absolute workhorses.

For a 6.8" can, it's damn-impressive on my AR's, especially my .300 BLK. It was even hearing-safe (IMO, and I have severe tinnitus) on supersonic 5.56 & 6.5 Grendel inside of the enclosed shooting area you will see in the video below. It's also really nice on my bolt-action .260 Remington. The Sandman-S has a really nice low tone sound to it, which makes is very nice on subsonics, and even on supersonics...Very nice sounding can. For an AR-host can, the Sandman-S or L is what I would recommend. For bolt-actions and precision rifles (barrels over 16" and not being rapid-fired) the Nomad series is the king of the mountain. I'm waiting on my Nomad-LT stamp to be approved any day now.

Not the best sound quality, but here's a quick video I made the other day. Feel free to go to my YT channel, like subscribe, share the video, etc... It would be really helpful. Trying to grow my channel, and it's taking forever. 🤣

The gas blowback on my Sandman L is nasty on my Radian 14.5 556 AR. to the point, w/ the length and the gas blowback it wont go back on it. face full of gas. So I bought the Sandman K and have it in NFA jail to reduce the gas in the face. You got any gas mitigation on that 300? charging handle, bolt, etc?

I ended up doing a Form 1 e-File, had my dedicated, fully serviceable Scorpion K 9mm suppressor built and at the range in less than 2 weeks. Attaches via 3-lug. I think it works pretty awesome. Probably going to get a Marlin CST for some .38 plinking are some point and will use it as well.

1618489327168.jpeg

The gas blowback on my Sandman L is nasty on my Radian 14.5 556 AR. to the point, w/ the length and the gas blowback it wont go back on it. face full of gas. So I bought the Sandman K and have it in NFA jail to reduce the gas in the face. You got any gas mitigation on that 300? charging handle, bolt, etc?
That's why I went with the RC2 as it is supposed to mitigate some of that. The Geisseles aren't that gassy to begin with but figured I didn't want to create an issue. That and the Geissele comes with the muzzle device for the RC2 already on it.

Innovative arms integrally suppressed setup. Takes awhile to get right now, but it keeps it super short and super quiet.

Just a Rainier Arms Avalanche charging handle. And I have no idea if it has mitigation features, or not. I bought it so long ago, I’ve forgotten. 🤣

I vote wolfman also, I just ordered 2 for dedicated cans. One for a scorpion and one for sig rattler. Also I say run a 3 lug. Can won't back off as long as the mount is rocksett'ed to the barrel and 3 lug's are just cool as hell.

I vote wolfman also, I just ordered 2 for dedicated cans. One for a scorpion and one for sig rattler. Also I say run a 3 lug. Can won't back off as long as the mount is rocksett'ed to the barrel and 3 lug's are just cool as hell.

Got the wolfman but went with the micro brake and keymo adapter. I'm wondering with it being blow back operation if I should have went with a flow through suppressor.

Got the wolfman but went with the micro brake and keymo adapter. I'm wondering with it being blow back operation if I should have went with a flow through suppressor.

Not at all, scorpions are a joy to shoot suppressed with normal baffle cans, don't get hardly any gas in your face. One of their best features. Watch some youtube videos of ppl shooting them suppressed. That is one complaint with the sig mpx, straight from the factory they are pretty gassy with a can.

Not at all, scorpions are a joy to shoot suppressed with normal baffle cans, don't get hardly any gas in your face. One of their best features. Watch some youtube videos of ppl shooting them suppressed. That is one complaint with the sig mpx, straight from the factory they are pretty gassy with a can.

Good to know. We shall see. Next suppressor is going to be a wolverine for my krink.

Good to know. We shall see. Next suppressor is going to be a wolverine for my krink.
JMac Customs makes custom Dead Air KeyMount brakes and Flash Hiders (licensed by Dead Air) for AK threads... That way you can run any Dead Air can that uses the KeyMo mount system...Like the Sandman-S...Which would be wicked on a Krink. 👍🏼

JMac Customs makes custom Dead Air KeyMount brakes and Flash Hiders (licensed by Dead Air) for AK threads... That way you can run any Dead Air can that uses the KeyMo mount system...Like the Sandman-S...Which would be wicked on a Krink. 👍🏼

Nice,

A Low back pressure can would be key on the krink but ill have to grab the KNS piston anyway so it may not matter much.

I have the GA Rev 9. I bought it for its versatility across calibers and the 3 lug attach. Can also run the suppressor full length or in the short K version. Pics are all of the short K version. Also have an MP5 with 3 lug.

Attachments

• 6A35A063-AAA7-4F8B-851A-DA48D8E36CB2.jpeg
    6A35A063-AAA7-4F8B-851A-DA48D8E36CB2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 894
  • A0DC9ED5-5E41-4A26-9ACF-A4CF0A528D2B.jpeg
    A0DC9ED5-5E41-4A26-9ACF-A4CF0A528D2B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,288
I have a YHM R9 and Rugged obsidian 9 that I use on Glocks, my Henry x 357, and my CMMG AR9 build.

R9 is quieter and shorter, but awkwardly fat on handguns.

For PCC / rifle use R9 is the winner and a great value at ~$350.

The user serviceability of the obsidian is nice though for when I shoot cast lead handloads, or when rimfire buddies come over to shoot that don't have a can.

Day to day, I walk my dog across the farm with my AR9, 7" CMMG bolt / barrel, and YHM R9.

What suppressors did you guys like/dislike on your cz scorpion? I just picked one up so looking for some user input. Thank you in advance!
What would be my best option if my scorpion only has 18*1 thread? Now I'm running a CZC thread adapter and a key micro over the adapter. I want to be able to use keymo.