• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ455 Action Screws

Slateman

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
So .... uh .... what happens if you tighten them up too much? And how will I know if I did it?

455 recommended torque specs:

30-35 inch-lbs barrel screws
Do not exceed 25 inch-lbs stock to receiver screws
Magwell screws tighten to contact then 1/8th turn more.
If the plastic distorts you've overtightened the magwell screws.

On wood stocks, overtightening the screws will kink the bottom metal
and crush the wood at the inletting, allowing the screws to intrude into the receiver
interfering with the movement of the bolt.

Overtorquing the barrel screws can result in the chamber changing shape.
Becomes oval, causing problems with accuracy.

I torqued action screws to 25 inch-pounds when the action was moved over to the Boyd's stock. That is the point where the bottom metal fit correctly and the bolt worked smoothly.
I've since ordered pillars and action screws off eBay and plan on a full bedding of the action.

An eighth? I think I'm okay. I have the tacticool stock.

How obvious is the oval shape?

you need to do an action screw torque test,,my Lilja bbled 455 worked out best with the rear screw at 18 and the front screw at 22,,

I start with both screws at 16 and shoot 3 5 shot groups and tighten the rear 2 lbs and shoot again,,then tighten the front 2 lbs and shoot again,the tighten the rear 2 lbs and shoot again,,,somewhere it will shoot better and all mine are somewhere around the 18-22 inch lbs range in some combination,,