• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz455 barrel upgrade?

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
I have a cz455 precision trainer and I'm averaging 3/4 moa at 50y with lapua center x (I've tried a TON of other ammo and this pretty much shoots the best) and I've been considering a bartlein barrel upgrade but I'm not sure how much I would gain. I'd like to average 1/2 moa. One thing I'd like is a 20" straight .900 contour that's spiral fluted. If I do replace is there any tricks or gunsmiths that specialize in rimfire gunsmithing? I've seen guys get rid of the set screws for the barrel and have the barrel tenon machined pretty tight and glue the barrel in the receiver. Before anyone says it the rifle is pillar and glass bedded and I've played with action torque and found the torque that gives the best accuracy.

Last edited:
I have no personal knowledge but have heard there is a guy named DJ Diliodon (may have spelled that wrong) who does a lot of cz rimfire work. He was recommended to me but I have not had any work done by him.

I have no personal knowledge but have heard there is a guy named DJ Diliodon (may have spelled that wrong) who does a lot of cz rimfire work. He was recommended to me but I have not had any work done by him.
He retired a few years ago...

@74gtf100 I am in the same boat as you are, except my 455 was a varmint model. I decided the other week to order the lilja pre fit barrel and give that a try. I hope to have it at the range in the next couple weeks. I have personally seen a good shooter with a DJ Diliondon CZ at one of our local matches wax everyone there. Not to say our matches comprise the top shooters in the nation, but they could hold there own with the top notch equipment they have. I decided to give the drop in lilja a try since that's what my budget fits and if I was going to spend the money on smithing and custom barrels, I would do as all have said and just get a V22. I have hopes with this barrel and the right ammo it will give me the accuracy I need to be competitive the biggest problem is the nut behind the rifle.

@74gtf100 I am in the same boat as you are, except my 455 was a varmint model. I decided the other week to order the lilja pre fit barrel and give that a try. I hope to have it at the range in the next couple weeks. I have personally seen a good shooter with a DJ Diliondon CZ at one of our local matches wax everyone there. Not to say our matches comprise the top shooters in the nation, but they could hold there own with the top notch equipment they have. I decided to give the drop in lilja a try since that's what my budget fits and if I was going to spend the money on smithing and custom barrels, I would do as all have said and just get a V22. I have hopes with this barrel and the right ammo it will give me the accuracy I need to be competitive the biggest problem is the nut behind the rifle.
I did the same with a 455 tacticool. Pillars and bedding and trigger work I was able to get it sub Moa I replaced the barrel with a lilja with a head spacing of .043 and with Center X it would shoot .3’s at 50 yds. Quite Often. To make a long story short I bought a Vudoo and it’s been great if I had it to do all over again I would have never bought the CZ and just ordered the Vudoo and called it a day

Reactions: DynamicAccuracy