• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ457 STOCK CHANGE FOR NRL22 BASE CLASS

TheGoatMumbler

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2020
I have a Tikka T1x and a CZ457 Varmint and both are awesome. I've been shooting the T1x in NRL22 Base Class because there's a not a worry banging that synthetic stock around on barricades & ladders. No way am I gonna do that to the beautiful walnut stock on the CZ457 Varmint. The CZ outshoots the Tikka and I'd really like to compete with it so what stock can I put the CZ in to remain in base class?

Check the NRL22 rules. I don't think a stock change is allowed in base class.

If you want to stay in Base Class, I think your only option is to get another factory 457 Varmint stock that you don't care about beating up. This way you keep your original one pretty. ;)

CZ now has the American Synthetic Suppressor Ready model that is the direct competitor to the Tikka T1x. Synthetic stock, lighter threaded barrel. I was just hoping to use this one as it shoots so well.

I would think you could swap it to another CZ stock but it may change the cost of the rifle. Depending on what scope you are running you might be able to.

Why don't you just set the gun up the way you want and not worry about shooting base. Learn to shoot with the right gear and you will learn much quicker than trying win with a bunch of cucked gear. Then it's like winning the special Olympics anyway.

That's one way of thinking about it

We had a bit of a run off at our range in the last year. One guy was always winning with a vudoo, so gradually more Ruger precision, and custom 10/22's started popping up. Then the discussion to start a base/open class ensued.

I beat a vudoo and rim-x, along with several $1k+ 10/22's with a b14R because I shot the hell out of it and did some testing. I was getting hits where they didn't know their drops, and reading the wind better.
I was consistently 1-2 hits behind the guy with the vudoo with $5 eley target in a rem 597hb to start with. I had hit a point where I was letting my gun handicap me. Now the top 5 shooters before are still the top 5. We still have fun and just see where we end up at the end.

My conclusion was quit caring about the class and shoot what works for you. You'll be happier shooting what works instead of worried about a scrape.

Reactions: rgv