• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Dallas area shooter who uses SS Media

79M1a-texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2005
Denton County, Texas
Looking for a member in the Dallas area who is using the Stainless Steel Media method and the Thumbler Tumbler’s equipment. Would like to see results first hand and compare with sonic cleaning.

Re: Dallas area shooter who uses SS Media

I'M not in DFW but i gata say I would never go back to the old way. I wish I had found this long ago... you wont go wrong

Where do you buy this media, and also does it only work in the rotary version vs the vibratory type? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSuttonRN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where do you buy this media, and also does it only work in the rotary version vs the vibratory type? Thanks </div></div>

This only works with Rotary Tumbling.

PM sent for the Media Contact info.

Terry

I've done three loads of .223 so far and think this is great! Soon, I'm going to post a topic with photos.

Soon, but not tonight.

79M1A-Texas Questions:

How many cases can you clean in ultra sonic cleaner at one time?

How long do you have to run cleaner per load?

What kind of cleaner??? soap do you use?

How much cleaner/soap per load?

What is cost of the cleaner for gallon? Or however it comes?

Do you have to change solution each time?

79M1A-Texas Questions:

How many cases can you clean in ultra sonic cleaner at one time? - <span style="color: #FF0000">If I dump in the tub, than 50 cases of 308. If I place in glass than 15-18 cases.</span>
How long do you have to run cleaner per load? - <span style="color: #FF0000">totals 48 minutes using the Cheap & Clean Baney's Best Receipes from 6mmbr.</span>
What kind of cleaner??? soap do you use? <span style="color: #FF0000">- 50% Vinegar + 1 Drop Dish Soap per 8oz water</span>
How much cleaner/soap per load? <span style="color: #FF0000">- see above</span>

What is cost of the cleaner for gallon? Or however it comes? <span style="color: #FF0000">- less than $2.00 per gallon</span>
Do you have to change solution each time? <span style="color: #FF0000">- on each step I do.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">If I was completely starting over with equipment, I would have done with the tumbler & SS Media.</span>

Interesting, my Dad was a watchmaker and he had a ultrasonic outfit for cleaning jewelry that would hold probably 50 cases. It did not get too dirty with just cleaning bracelets, watchbands etc but I remember he had a special cleaner he had to buy.
I will check out 6BR website. Thanks.