• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dammit, now I'm part of the problem

Jayne

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2006
RTP, NC
Last night was the first time I've lost sleep over this whole ban thing, and after deliberating with the wife a bit I went downstairs and ordered up a bunch of ammo... way more than I would normally buy (although the price was normal, yea for having non-mainstream calibers!).

Ban or no ban, I feel that we're going to have a hard time getting ammo in the coming years, especially in CA where they're pushing for more ammo controls. In my mind my choice was to join in the hording party or just leave the safe locked for the foreseeable future.

Sorry guys.
frown.gif

Now I'm off to hunt for 300WSM brass, hopefully the masses aren't trying to stockpile that.

Re: Dammit, now I'm part of the problem

I've been part of the problem since the primer shortages of the '90s.

There are two things I make it a point to buy when we make a trip into the city. I always look for a bottle of alcohol to add to my bar and some shooting supplies whether it be bullets, primers, powder, ammo, or the likes. Call it hoarding or prepping I don't care because either way I still have it!

Problem? What problem? Every red blooded American boy (and girl, not to leave Luna out) should have his basement FULL of ammo. Its the American Way.

Buy ammo whenever you can. If someone complains, it is usually a sign that they have not prepared accordingly.

I'm starting to think that Diane Feinstein is a paid sales person for the firearms industry. She has singlehandedly sold every semi auto rifle, magazine, spare part, and box of ammunition that was in inventory in the US in a matter of weeks. Well, back to the hunt for 30 carbine ammunition...

I'll agree that one can rarely have such a thing as too much ammo, but as I just got my DPMS LR308 this past fall and previouslyu had no .308, I had little chance for my pocketbook to recover enough to stash away any stock.

Sure I bought a few hundred rounds, but shot that up pretty quickly. It looks like I'm smack caught up in the price and availability scramble...yay.

The only thing to do is to buy ammo and reloading supplies when and where they can be found. This market is not going to change for the foreseeable future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin2360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing to do is to buy ammo and reloading supplies when and where they can be found. This market is not going to change for the foreseeable future. </div></div>

Agreed. Buy what and when you can.

Ammo you buy now will last longer than all of us here. I consider it a worthwhile investment, insurance policy, and source of a good time.

I'm part of the problem too. Just bought $1000 worth of stuff I don't need, but saw the panic and joined in.