• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Damn Telemarketer's

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
So about two weeks ago, I started getting a few more than normal telemarketing calls, most of the time I ignore them. However, now they're leaving voicemail messages with no message, just a vacuum of no sound, lasting sometimes as long as several minutes. Damn this is becoming annoying.

• Angry
Reactions: diverdon
I answer them and try my best to piss them off enough they hang up. Almost had my house sold the other day, but he didn’t want the attached property behind us. Said only the house, so sadly I only wasted about 30 minutes of his time.

So about two weeks ago, I started getting a few more than normal telemarketing calls, most of the time I ignore them. However, now they're leaving voicemail messages with no message, just a vacuum of no sound, lasting sometimes as long as several minutes. Damn this is becoming annoying.
I often wish I had a button on my phone that would make their phone give a loud shrill horn, like a boat horn...or a 50 cal going off in their ear.

• Love
Reactions: tomcatmv
Get a call for Extended Car Warranty while driving in traffic decided lets have some fun.

Telemarketer: Sir do you know that by taking an extended car warranty you can avoid
expensive car repair bills.

Me: No I did knot know that.

Telemarketer: Sure, what make and year car do you drive.

Me: I have a 1969 Jeep CJ5 (I actually do own one)

Telemarketer: What, do you know what year this is.

Me: I know what god damn year this is and I drive a 1969 Jeep CJ5.

Telemarketer: Um hold on one moment.

Telemarketer: Sorry pops we cant insure cars older than 1996 have a good day.

Wife almost peed her pants laughing.

Just say "You go ahead and start talking while I grab my bottle of lotion, you silver tongued devil!"

Reactions: akmike47
1667091657096.jpeg

Yer welcome.

R

I've used a whistle once or 10 times when they're in the middle of the sales pitch.

They usually hang up.... ;) One to three blasts as loud as you can....

The Do not call register doesn't work for shit.

Problem, most of the day I'm working in an area without cell service. Get back into cell service at the end of the day, and I have six voice mail messages, and five of them are just dead air.

I love the spam texts. I simply reply with emojis. Lots of them...... for weeks. Until they block my number.

Reactions: Bender
I hate all those spam calls and messages. I installed AdTranquility on my phone to protect it from spam and annoying ads. But I still receive telemarketing calls. I guess I'll address the AdTranquility customer service and ask whether they offer protection from such calls. Otherwise, it is better to look for another service (I know they exist).
I smell irony, and it ironically smells like this.
spam_sq.jpg

If I'm feeling sporty and take the call, I ask the telemarketer if she/he sucks cock. They usually hang up, but years ago I had a woman get indignant and tell me I can't talk to her like that. I told her she called me, and the easy solution was to not do that. I'm always prepared to get more rude and graphic if needed.

The people telling you answer obviously aren't aware that gets you more calls.

The people telling you answer obviously aren't aware that gets you more calls.

Not if you waste enough time.

I've spent hours drinking beer and acting like a confused idiot getting them to explain the extended car warranty to me. They quit calling after the 3rd time.
The last one I just acted all excited and asked how they could have a plan so good for a snowmobile! She was really confused, and I explained it only has 2000 miles. My trucks are all over 250000 miles and don't qualify, so I assumed you were calling about the sled?

Not if you waste enough time.

I've spent hours drinking beer and acting like a confused idiot getting them to explain the extended car warranty to me. They quit calling after the 3rd time.
The last one I just acted all excited and asked how they could have a plan so good for a snowmobile! She was really confused, and I explained it only has 2000 miles. My trucks are all over 250000 miles and don't qualify, so I assumed you were calling about the sled?
Most of them are a computer system looking for active lines.

I've used a whistle once or 10 times when they're in the middle of the sales pitch.

They usually hang up.... ;) One to three blasts as loud as you can....

The Do not call register doesn't work for shit.

My Grandma used to have a whistle hanging next to the her telephone for telemarketers and assholes.

Coincidentally, they were usually the same person.

Reactions: DIBBS
I answer them and try my best to piss them off enough they hang up. Almost had my house sold the other day, but he didn’t want the attached property behind us. Said only the house, so sadly I only wasted about 30 minutes of his time.
A buddy of mine did this exact thing. He had a pair of Bluetooth connected ear muffs and would answer calls while we worked. His specific scenario was mostly Indian people calling. I overheard him talking a lot about how delicious bacon is and how much better Pakistani people are

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Can confirm they kick it up when you reply…
C88614D4-91D6-46D7-827D-9C6FD1338D7B.jpeg

I always ask telemarketers if they like sucking large hairy balls or do they prefer sucking shaved balls. Then I tell them, I was going to either shave my balls or let it grow out so that if they wanted to come over and suck my balls I'd be prepared for them.

So far, they have all hung up and never called back. I had a buddy who said, 9 out of 10 girls would get pissed when you say shit like that..................................but ole #10 is a keeper.

The car warranty sellers used to drive me nuts. I finally resorted to messing with them trying to get a better deal, etc. and wasting 30 minutes or more of their time. I guess word got around and I haven't had a call from one in months.

I am going to knock on wood and hope it continues.

Now, if I don't recognize the number, the call just gets deleted.

Telemarketers aren't so bad. They get a prompt "not interested" and I hang up.

It's the salespeople that stop by my office that get to me. I'll be smack in the middle of a sixteen hour day and these clowns will waltz in with their suit and tie and make themselves comfortable.

"No" apparently means "maybe, just continue your sales pitch."

I had to stop a guy three times and let him know I wouldn't buy a fire extinguisher from him if I was on fire once. I made it clear that I would not do business with him and not to come back. The son of a bitch still showed up four months later with a tray of cookies.

These people have to be into bondage or something. You have to get off on being humiliated to deal with that stuff for a living.

Reactions: acudaowner
Taggin in my good friend @Foul Mike as has been at this talking to the telemarketers game A LONG TIME and has some solid stories.

Just give em one Foul Mike.

Like an early Christmas present.
And as my kid says, you are Santa Claus with a rifle!!!!