• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dang, Oakland is wild

I think the real mantra here is "if you won't protect and do your job properly as in Constitution and common sense get the fuck out of the way and stop enabling vermin from trying to disarm law abiding people and effectively neutering those rare individuals who still own a pair"...

You really have no clue.

Wow!!! Ya know in my 34 yrs as a cop 12 of them were spent working major violators undercover (Los Angeles/OC area). Several shootings, partner was killed in an ambush, and 100's of real bad guys put in prison, some for life. But I had no idea that the real bad asses with "a pair" were on the internet. I bow to those who have been there and done that, my experiences pale. To the guys I worked with that ran toward the gunfire in spite of being outgunned I am sorry to inform you that in fact we were all pussies. Next time I need back-up I'm calling the internet.

Oh and Sharac I admire your confidence but you might do well to read my tag line. All is not what it appears to be from your keyboard.

Last edited:
Wow!!! Ya know in my 34 yrs as a cop 12 of them were spent working major violators undercover (Los Angeles/OC area). Several shootings, partner was killed in an ambush, and 100's of real bad guys put in prison, some for life. But I had no idea that the real bad asses with "a pair" were on the internet. I bow to those who have been there and done that, my experiences pale. To the guys I worked with that ran toward the gunfire in spite of being outgunned I am sorry to inform you that in fact we were all pussies. Next time I need back-up I'm calling the internet.

Oh and Sharac I admire your confidence but you might do well to read my tag line. All is not what it appears to be from your keyboard.

Brother thank you for your service. I know what 25 years cost my body doing the job. 34 is a lot longer and no doubt took its toll Don't listen to the troll

After I retired from local LE I did the embedded LE working with our military. I found a bunch of guys just like us over seas still protecting Americans. LE Officers working as contractors hunting the bombers over there
I have all the respect for the brothers still doing the job

I loved the line that everyone in Oakland was a criminal.

There could be an easy explanation to all this, perhaps the detective that did the shooting thought he was holding a taser (easy mistake), thus he was quicker to use force, because in his mind no one would actually be killed or seriously injured. It has happened before with the BART police, the tragic incident-Where Oscar Grant was killed. In the Oscar Grant case, the BART cop thought his handgun was a taser, the judge and jury agreed, as he [the bart cop] spent somewhere like a year in jail. There is no doubt the actual BART SWAT is training hard, goes to lots of SWAT competitions, and has won their fair share of ribbons etc., thankfully they are not used very often, as was pointed out by their own audit. We are awfully quick to jump on these guys, when it could have been nothing more than confusion over the taser vs. handgun, let's cut them some slack!

I love it when guys know everything but really absolutely nothing.

The accidental shooting was one Detective shooting another Detective. Neither where SWAT. Neither had ever been SWAT. The reason SWAT became so well used was these types of accidents happened a lot more back in 1960s before SWAT. Because the personality and skills needed to be a Detective don't have anything to do with making Entries. We used SWAT for years and got good at this. BART PD has been under the gun for use of force and it just about takes an act of Congress to use their SWAT Team. Thus they are using Detectives for the search warrants. This is a problem in that they are not as well trained for entry work as a SWAT Team. When I ran a Detective Division I used to argue the following point. Pay the SWAT Overtime now or the lawsuit later. As to Bart PD having a SWAT Team. Its actually called SPAR. Special Problems And Rescue. Officers are trained to do everything from entry to rescue work. Its a well trained unit and has won many competitions. As to Bart PDs problems. Well since the officer screwed up and shot the guy by accident, they have been under the microscope and basically handcuffed from doing any work. That's a shame because the system runs through ever low cost neighborhood in Bay Area and attracts some real bad guys. I saw a survey back in the 1990s and found BART had four times more Felonies per Police Officer to handle than the second busiest Transit PD in the Nations ( NYPD's Transist) Last I looked it was the busiest Transit PD in nation by far. Data is from about ten years ago but back then they handled around 40,000 calls for service per year for about 150 cops.

As to Oakland having the police department it deserves. Well I have only worked and lived in the area for 33 years so not as much experience as many experts here, but the police department is under FEDERAL THUMB. You see the Feds decided OPD was too heavy handed and stepped in.

OPD did more with less officers than any other PD I know of for around a 100 years. Then the Feds stepped in and frankly fucked everything up.

As to Police in general. Because the public has done nothing but attack every single move any officer does not many are willing to protect our asses anymore. Me I did 25 years and retired as soon as I could. I had enough of folks sitting in easy chairs and at computer screens telling me everything I did wrong, while I was being stitched up.

Not living in CA, I'm relegated to getting news from other sources, I've checked, and you are right I am wrong, the shooter, a Detective, was in fact Not a Member of BART SWAT-kind of a tag along-always asking to be included kinda guy (according to the news sources I'm able to get via the net). Evidently, the apt they were going to search resident was in custody, in jail, when they went looking for stolen goods-maybe they were expecting this thief to have a real bad ass waiting for them, thus the need for large group. As you bring up NYPD, back in 1992 the NYPD "took over" and incorporated the NY Transit police into the NYPD, a wise $$$$ saving move for their cities tax payers. A lot of duplication was eliminated etc. (it hasn't helped with the taxes in NY, they seem to find a place to spend the money regardless), I don't know about the other top transits in the US (NY, Washington D.C., Chicago, Mass Area Trans Auth being the top four). Back in the 1990's when BART has 4 times as many Felonies than other Transit PDs, God Bless-what was the number of arrests and prosecutions, they must have been sky high also-now that's a number to brag on! I'll bet with those kind of numbers, the average BART cop arrested 4 times as many criminals as almost any other PD in the nation-way to go. And thanks for setting the record straight, He was a detective with BART but not a member of the SWAT team.
Regarding your numbers, 40,000 calls/year with only 150 cops, I am sure you're numbers are right on, no one would have made this sort of thing up. If the average cop works 8 hours per day 50 weeks a year that is 2000 hours
2000 hours x 150=300,000 hours
300,000/40,000 arrests=1 arrest every 7.5 hours/hours worked, how does this stack up to other departments? I'll bet you guys are leaders to be sure, I realize you're in a "target rich environment" but nonetheless, I doubt if there are any other departments that can touch these type of numbers, God Bless.

Last edited:
Why don't you enlighten us as to your huge accomplishments for the good of all other than running your mouth on the net. Harms way is no HALO Video games

So in order to have a valid opinion one has to be either cop or military with what 10, 20, 100 kills? How many arrests for 1 kill and how many fines for one arrest? Only real bad ass operators will have a vote and say? If you don't wear uniform you're running your mouth? Yes komrade i will shut up now. Yes sir i will go make you a sandwich and wipe your ass and while at it will your highness please allow me to clean his boots with my toothbrush.

But to make it clear what i meant with "a pair" is that there are people out there who will take care of problems in their own way and most of the time when that happens or someone tries you guys will step in and make sure "people do no take things into their own hands" because we can't have people solving their own problems can we, people might get some strange ideas like why the fuck we would then need state and all those bureaucrats for.

Now I'll go and find a video game to play to follow your script on how things should be so you don't go too far from comfort zone.

Paw, the Detective shooting the other Detective was a fuck up plain and simple. How it happened will probably perplex me for the remainder of my life. I imagine the guy who fucked up will never recover. No explanation can cover it. The numbers you are working with are skewed because you mistook Calls for Service for Arrests. These are not the same. As to BART PD versus other PDs in arrests. Well it depends on which PDs. BART is typical of area they are in. In Orinda nothing much is going on. In Oakland its busy. I once worked for a PD that some times would not get a call for service for a whole Graveyard Shift and Oakland PD runs hundreds of calls per shift. Like I said Oakland PD does more with less than any PD I know of.

Sharac I was not ever a Bad Ass Operator. I was just a cop doing a job you have no clue about. I have buried more than one friend who did the job as well and gave everything to protect anyone who needed it. As to licking my boots I prefer you just wait to speak until you actually have some knowledge on what you speak. Paw and I don't always agree but he does his best to learn about issues and I respect that. As to calling me Komrade. Once again wrong. I have and will do everything I can to avoid anyone calling anyone by the term Comrade in USA

Last edited:
Sharac, I in fact honor your right to voice your opinion and appreciate your point of view and no I don't think you have to have been in my shoes to have an opinion about the job. I only ask that you consider that broad sweeping statements about many many thousands of people can be damaging.

Last edited:
California has failed as a state. The only cure is to take an army sized element in, restore total order, and get to teh business of restoring the state to what it once was, a great place to be

Mostly the urban areas, Switch. I've spent some time in N. California and the eastern part of the state along the mts. recently, and its pretty nice and self sustaining. I think a lot of the problem will be self solving. Lakes Mead and Powell are both drying up and they provide a large % of the water for S. Ca. Imagine no water in LA. Then there is Fukishima.

As to Oakland having the police department it deserves. Well I have only worked and lived in the area for 33 years so not as much experience as many experts here, but the police department is under FEDERAL THUMB. You see the Feds decided OPD was too heavy handed and stepped in.

OPD did more with less officers than any other PD I know of for around a 100 years. Then the Feds stepped in and frankly fucked everything up.

As to Police in general. Because the public has done nothing but attack every single move any officer does not many are willing to protect our asses anymore. Me I did 25 years and retired as soon as I could. I had enough of folks sitting in easy chairs and at computer screens telling me everything I did wrong, while I was being stitched up.

Tactical is right, he must have worked the area. I lived in the Oakland/Berkeley/Richmond area for 10 years and almost got killed a few times. It is a very rough and wild area, where parents often do little or no teaching of their kids. The Oakland Mayor is a hippie chick who does not have a clue about how to stop crime. The Oakland PD does a lot with little support, and a population which is looking for any excuse to shoot/sue/complain about the officers. Some Oakland residents are into shooting and killing just for the fun of it. The CHP patrols part of the town, and the officers love it because so much experience is gained in such a short time.

The best thing to do when in Oakland is to watch your back, and get the hell away as soon as possible. I almost got shot in Richmond just 4 months ago, while waiting at a traffic light. A friend has a shop in Oakland, and there used to be 25 gang bangers hanging out in the street at night. Within 2-3 years there were 10, they had killed each other off.

Last edited:
California has failed as a state. The only cure is to take an army sized element in, restore total order, and get to teh business of restoring the state to what it once was, a great place to be

I would say that's a possibly bad idea as they would most likely first be sent to disarm and subjugate all the actual freedom loving good patriots, so the end result would be evil prevailing.... and that kind of already is the plan of the forces of evil....

Yes sir i will go make you a sandwich and wipe your ass and while at it will your highness please allow me to clean his boots with my toothbrush.

Squaddie John, is that you? :rolleyes:

Sharac,
The Germans, Italians and Hungarians called.
They're looking for some of their territory they gave up about 70 years ago.

Sharac,
The Germans, Italians and Hungarians called.
They're looking for some of their territory they gave up about 70 years ago.

Not quite following you on relevance... Historically more correct would be Austrians though their nobility might think twice before trying something in these parts again...

Anyway even cops confirm Oakland&Co being to dangerous and its best to move out ergo someone is not doing their job its simple as that. I wonder what would happen to lets say 10 people with rifles who would have decided that there are few gangbangers too many. I'm pretty sure all hell would have broken out with all the newest gadgets deployed and there would be 10 people dead...
But i guess its easy to blame it on politicians and if that isn't enough on the people its always them never us. We all share guilt for letting things slide to this level and sooner we realize better for all of us. Anyway another unproductive thread which leads nowhere fast.

Not quite following you on relevance... Historically more correct would be Austrians though their nobility might think twice before trying something in these parts again...

There's a lot of things that you aren't quite following which is the point that some here have been trying to make.

Anyway even cops confirm Oakland&Co being to dangerous and its best to move out ergo someone is not doing their job its simple as that. I wonder what would happen to lets say 10 people with rifles who would have decided that there are few gangbangers too many. I'm pretty sure all hell would have broken out with all the newest gadgets deployed and there would be 10 people dead...
But i guess its easy to blame it on politicians and if that isn't enough on the people its always them never us. We all share guilt for letting things slide to this level and sooner we realize better for all of us. Anyway another unproductive thread which leads nowhere fast.

No you most certainly don't. It wouldn't be fair for US to blame a guy on the other side of the world for OUR domestic issues. Perhaps you should start worrying about the shortcomings of your little corner of the world before you start dabbling in a foreign land's problems.

I wonder what would happen to lets say 10 people with rifles who would have decided that there are few gangbangers too many. I'm pretty sure all hell would have broken out with all the newest gadgets deployed and there would be 10 people dead...

You're right about this part. Any vigilante justice in this country would immediately have a vast amount of resources thrown at it. The kind of resources that would have prevented the need for vigilante justice in the first place if it had been tasked with addressing the lawlessness that spawned it.

In urban police work, we have a similar problem. The court system fails us daily. I have seen a gun grab (meaning that an officer was in a tussle with a suspect who at one point tried to take the gun from the officer's holster) end up in city court (as opposed to state court where it would be treated as possibly a felony) and the suspect was only fined. I also had a co-worker take a 30-06 round through his pant leg (narrowly missing his leg) on a call. The suspect received a 3 year sentence for it. Guess what? People don't serve all 3 years on a 3 year sentence. It's closer to half of that.

Now, guess what happens if we as police are deemed to have crossed the line on a use of force? Not only will the police department investigate it like it was the Lindbergh baby abduction, local "leaders" will demand your head, you can be charged in state court for acting under the color of authority, and you can be charged in federal court with a civil rights violation. Here's a fun fact: Double jeopardy doesn't apply to civil rights violations.

Having said all that, I agree that we are losing. I have it rubbed in my face everyday and I don't blame people for being fed up with it. Political correctness is literally killing us.

Last edited:
That woman needs to learn to "SWALLOW"!!! Until we can spay and neuter, I'm even not opposed using retroactive abortion.

This is typical Oakland/Richmond:

April 9, 2013, One dead, two wounded in Richmond shooting
RICHMOND, Calif. —
One man was dead, two other people were wounded Tuesday after a gunman opened fire on a group taking part in a Richmond inter-city job training program.

Anna Wells said the dead man and those injured were part of the RichmondBUILD Academy -- a public private partnership focused on developing talent and skill in construction.

“We are part of the RichmondBUILD carpentry and construction school,” she said. “We were in stage three of qualifying for the program. One of the things you have to do is show you are physically fit… You have to job around the block.”

The shooting took place as the group was in the middle of their jog.
“Once it (the shooting was over) I saw a white car drive away,” she told KTVU. “The father was crying over his son, calling his name. His other son who was also in the program was upset and crying.”

Officers found the three victims lying on the sidewalk and in the street in the 300 block of South 28th Street, near Boorman Park, around 11:10 a.m., Detective Nicole Abetkov said.

Police were alerted to the shooting via multiple 911 calls and the city's ShotSpotter gunshot detection system.

Investigators have not located any suspects in the shooting, although officers found an abandoned vehicle that may be associated with the crime, the detective said.

Abetkov said the shooting occurred about half a block from the Ruth C. Powers Child Development Center, which was placed on lockdown after the shooting.

Richmond’s streets had been relatively quiet until last weekend when four people were shot in two separate shootings.
-------------------
I was almost shot by two guys in an all white/ex-drug dealer type car a few months ago in Richmond. The guys in my situation were just hoping to shoot me for the fun of it, at a traffic light during daylight.
-c1steve
-------------------

(02-20-14) 20:56 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- A chaotic gunbattle in East Oakland left one man dead and another injured, and a bullet hit the windshield of a passing AC Transit bus, police said.

The incident capped a violent day in Oakland in which three other people were injured in shootings.

The latest shooting happened about 4 p.m., when two men exchanged gunfire with a third man at 78th and Bancroft avenues. One of the victims was thrown into a car by friends before being dumped at 96th and Sunnyside avenues, about a mile away. He was taken to Highland Hospital in Oakland, where he died.

A man injured from the shooting got onto an AC Transit bus that was in the area at the time. The windshield of the bus was struck by gunfire, but no one on board was hurt. The bus continued driving a few blocks east to 82nd and Bancroft avenues, where the injured man got off and was taken to the hospital.

Oakland police and Alameda County sheriff's deputies, who investigate crimes aboard AC Transit, were investigating.

The incident was one of several shootings Thursday in the city.

About 1:05 p.m., a man was shot and wounded near 88th Avenue and Holly Street, and about 11:20 a.m. two men were wounded in a shooting on the 9000 block of Thermal Street. In that case, the victims ended up being found near 89th Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard.

Last edited: