• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Danger Atlas Bipods are sinister!

I bought my first Atlas and I can see why everyone loves them. I painted it multicam so all the other bipods at the range can point and laugh, but it shall stand sturdy.

Holy thread resurrection!

But I agree- I bought one to try and ordered up two more shortly after. They are the only bipod I'm interested in using on my precision guns anymore. I still have a harris in the LT conversion/mount on my general-use AR; mostly just because it's bit faster to deploy.

Don't buy an Atlas unless you plan on tossing out all your Harris pods!

I bought my first Atlas bipod last year just to "check it out"... I still had harris pods on my secondary sticks. Yeah well after shooting on it for a year, I change rifles to an AICS setup with my old harris bipod, thinking "no prob" I can shoot with either... damn I was wrong and it cost me another $300 bucks!

So I ordered the new V8 with the AI spigot, can't wait to use it. Can't shoot with the old harris anymore.

pic of my first Atlas that caused me all this woe

Did your shooting improve?? Better groups??

It's not just Atlas bipods... once you put a top-tier scope and rings on a rifle... game over. No more Bushnell or Burris. Once you put a TAB sling on a rifle... you are done. No more Uncle Mike's. For that matter, once you shoot an AI or a TRG or similar... All over. There is a reason there is serious gear that performs like serious gear out there... along with stuff that merely 'looks like' serious gear.

BTW, I am merely a casual addict when it comes to Atlas bipods... just two. But those are probably gateway bipods. Don't get me started on my USO scope habit, however. Was getting the deer rifle out and checking sights last weekend and the Leupold hunting scope on it... just doesn't cut it. Trying to justify a 1.5-6 USO... on a deer rifle, however, seems like the shooting equivalent of finding myself alone in a motel room on a Tuesday morning drinking Aqua Velva.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Anyone have an email for Kasey? I have an issue with mine I need fixed. I emailed BT AND PMed him, but have not got a reply from either.

I too, seem to have this disease. At first, I thought..hey, Ill get one with a quick release so I will only have to buy one....and I can switch it to the other rifles. Later, the other rifles seemed to fight over who got to wear the Atlas so I had to buy each of them their own. Now, I have four, and two sets of spikes, and one set of the claws. Is there a cure?

It's not just Atlas bipods... once you put a top-tier scope and rings on a rifle... game over. No more Bushnell or Burris. Once you put a TAB sling on a rifle... you are done. No more Uncle Mike's. For that matter, once you shoot an AI or a TRG or similar... All over. There is a reason there is serious gear that performs like serious gear out there... along with stuff that merely 'looks like' serious gear.

BTW, I am merely a casual addict when it comes to Atlas bipods... just two. But those are probably gateway bipods. Don't get me started on my USO scope habit, however. Was getting the deer rifle out and checking sights last weekend and the Leupold hunting scope on it... just doesn't cut it. Trying to justify a 1.5-6 USO... on a deer rifle, however, seems like the shooting equivalent of finding myself alone in a motel room on a Tuesday morning drinking Aqua Velva.

Cheers,

Sirhr

You forgot one....
Snobbiest guy in the Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the Northeast.......

I ONLY have a mild dose of the disease. I have two Atlas, one came with a rifle I purchased, and the other I was fortunate enough to win at the JC Steel Challenge this year. I have 5 or 6 harris bipods(will probably sell a couple as I try to build a new scope fund) but use the harris bipods on hunting rifles primarily (although I'll pack a tall one w/my gear if I think I might use it at a shoot). Use what you can afford and make it work for you!