• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Danger Atlas Bipods are sinister!

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
Don't buy an Atlas unless you plan on tossing out all your Harris pods!

I bought my first Atlas bipod last year just to "check it out"... I still had harris pods on my secondary sticks. Yeah well after shooting on it for a year, I change rifles to an AICS setup with my old harris bipod, thinking "no prob" I can shoot with either... damn I was wrong and it cost me another $300 bucks!

So I ordered the new V8 with the AI spigot, can't wait to use it. Can't shoot with the old harris anymore.

pic of my first Atlas that caused me all this woe:

deployed_small.jpg

deployed_tall.jpg

deployed_45.jpg

6-3.jpg

Re: Danger Atlas Bipods are sinister!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont start.....I have (4) of them....they are like rabbits. </div></div>

I really thought I could quit at any time. Now I'm relegated to saving cash my wife doesn't know about and sending MOs that are untraceable.

What have I become?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont start.....I have (4) of them....they are like rabbits. </div></div>

I really thought I could quit at any time. Now I'm relegated to saving cash my wife doesn't know about and sending MOs that are untraceable.

What have I become? </div></div>

First part of solving a problem it to acknowledge you have one.

Hi......my name is Chiller........I have a bipod problem........

Got my first one in yesterday, with AI spigot. I have to say, I do like it! It's a v7, I picked it up because it was available, but I don't think I'm going to bother to "upgrade" to the v8, as I don't think I'm missing out on anything.

Fill me in if I am though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont start.....I have (4) of them....they are like rabbits. </div></div>

First part of solving a problem it to acknowledge you have one.

Hi......my name is Chiller........I have a bipod problem........

</div></div>

Ah yes my "support" group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my first one in yesterday, with AI spigot. I have to say, I do like it! It's a v7, I picked it up because it was available, but I don't think I'm going to bother to "upgrade" to the v8, as I don't think I'm missing out on anything.

Fill me in if I am though! </div></div>

My V7 is awesome, never had a problem with it. No need to upgrade.

Hi my name is Deadly and i have an Atlas Bipod problem.....have them on all my rifles.

Y'all lucky #$%^. A "bipod problem"! I wish...!

Hi....My name is Mouse... I have a precision-rifle-with-good-glass problem!..... With expensive ammunition and accessories!..... Oh and a bipod problem.....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my first one in yesterday, with AI spigot. I have to say, I do like it! It's a v7, I picked it up because it was available, but I don't think I'm going to bother to "upgrade" to the v8, as I don't think I'm missing out on anything.

Fill me in if I am though! </div></div>

My V7 is awesome, never had a problem with it. No need to upgrade. </div></div>Good to know,thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am on the chip, only tried it once. </div></div>

Here's the thing about my experience with the Atlas, when I first tried it I wasn't sure that it lived up to all the hype. I thought it was a decent bipod but the price was high. Once you use it for a while, you start to rely on the pan and tilt it affords the shooter. You begin to smoothly squire movers or targets at different distances that the harris stutters on. I'm sold now.

I too have smoked the Atlas crack and...well...my name is ORD and I am an addict!!!
crazy.gif

I hear the Feds are looking at Kasey for pushing this controlled substance on us all!!!

If I had the funds, I would replace my Harris bipods with the Atlas in a heartbeat, but alas...the funds aren't there for bipods.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">steve are those the new v8 version </div></div>

Yes they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I
I hear the Feds are looking at Kasey for pushing this controlled substance on us all!!!</div></div>

Not guilty, if he was a real pusher, he would give us all the first one for free. You know, so we get a taste for it.........

we'll see, I just ordered one. Maybe some nice swivel harris podlock podclaw bipods for sale and a gg&g too if they are THAT nice.

Guess I better try one, but I won't become a junkie!! Ya, right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I'm relegated to saving cash my wife doesn't know about and sending MOs that are untraceable.

Shit...when you put it that way, I guess you have become...me.

I have beendoing that for years. Steve, I will be sending a MO soon.

MO are old school just get a checking account that is paperless. But dont let her find it...I was safe when I told her it was for "Jewlery" she has gotton suspicious no jewlry has shown up though.

Well it seems USPS are trying to stop the addiction becoming worldwide.

My bipods was shipped June 17th by USPS and has still not managed to find it's way accross the big pond.

Kasey is going to send out a replacement but has to wait for parts.

Still will be my Christmas present to myself

WHY did you have to post this. I really could have spent the money on something else. Now I seem forced to get one of these critters in my hand. How do you sleep at night?

Looks like I'll be calling Triad in the morning to order one of these bad boys. Wish I didn't place an order a few days ago...

Ordered mine tonight.... now I have to track down an AI spigot for it, Steve was out of those.

yep, PM'ed him this morning, it was not clear from his site if they were in stock or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont start.....I have (4) of them....they are like rabbits. </div></div>

What have I become?</div></div>

I'm not quite there, but this hits close to home and is funny as hell.

Very true and sad at the same time!

Just sayin............

If any of you sorry souls has a homeless Harris-S, I'm looking to adopt...

I am here to help as well...I am looking for a few harris 6-9 swivel/Notched.
PM me if they are getting lonely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OFIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If any of you sorry souls has a homeless Harris-S, I'm looking to adopt...

</div></div>

Me and my shooting buddy bought one each. Then we got a third if either of those go down...... can't shoot without it anymore
blush.gif

Ordered mine the other day from Kasey... cant wait to get it and the new spigot... I hope the wait isnt a full 2 months

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Y'all lucky #$%^. A "bipod problem"! I wish...!

Hi....My name is Mouse... I have a precision-rifle-with-good-glass problem!..... With expensive ammunition and accessories!..... Oh and a bipod problem.....
smile.gif
</div></div>

HAHAHA

+1

I just picked my wife up from the airport this morning as she flew in from the States--with my new atlas v8 bipod -hell this thing looks good, sadly at the time when the wife was there Kasey had run out of AI spigots so I have to wait until he sends one over to NZ .Big thanks Kasey for getting it to Maryland before the missus returned !!

Gorgeous little things aren't they? Hope that spigot gets there soon... mine was a paperweight for a couple days too, and it was painful lol.

Can you guys tell me why you prefer the Atlas over the Harris? What does it do better? What does it do worse? One problem I have heard with the Atlas was it rattles. I'm new to all of this precision rifle stuff so I'm still learning.

The Atlas gives you yaw rotation and variable angle leg positions (fore and aft)....and just wait 'till you try one with spikes....

Last edited:
I recently got the Atlas last month and I like it. Very expensive but I hope it pays off in the end. I got recommended by everyone on this forum.

I made the mistake of buying another after my first one, then once I had two I left them alone in my safe together overnight, now there's 5 of them!