• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Daniel Defense Rail ID?

Mumbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Area
I have an earlier generation of DD rail (12" with the FSB cutout). I would like to know more about it, but it is impossible to google because all I come up with is places to buy current-gen DD rails. I don't even know what it's called. Anyone know anything?

2ymd203.png

Looks like one of the original DD M4's, a friend has one (they gave them out to initial investors IIRC). A call to Daniel Defense would probably give you your best answer.

Last edited:
Looks like one of the original DDM4's, a friend has one (they gave them out to initial investors IIRC). A call to Daniel Defense would probably give you your best answer.

how can you tell? from my point of view he didn't even put a picture of the entire rail in the picture

The barrel nut looks like the one I am thinking of (older DD M4 Rail). Im not sure if his whole rifle is a DDM4 or not, but that rail is an older one. My guess is an older generation M4 Rail.

Sorry, yeah, rifle is LMT, I put the close up on the barrel but because it's the defining feature.

Wareagle is correct, it is a first-generation DD M4 FSB, the design that preceded the Lite.