• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Danner Boots

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
Looking to replace my worn out and no longer waterproof Danner boots. I have a pair of Acadia boots right now and want to get a new pair. Are there any hide vendors that sell Danner boots or can anyone recommend a good place to buy a pair? I am also up for suggestions as to a different model than the Acadia if there is a better one. Just want to stay with Danner brand though.

Re: Danner Boots

Check out thebreakroom.com. Great deals. I am not sure if you need an invite but if you do you can pm me your email and i can add you. I think i get a referral discount. - D

I just bought a pair of dielectric work boots, directly off of their web site. Shipping was free, unless you want them quicker, and a return shipping label was included, if the size was not correct. So far, I've been happy with them. Lightman

I have the pronghorn GTX which is the non-military version (brown leather instead of rough out tan) of the TFX GTX and I love those boots. I was looking for a non-insulated but waterproof boot i could hunt in and these rock.

i bought my danner ft lewis go devil boots over 12yrs ago all leaher ones been resoled 3 time still like new they feel like house shoes best money i ever spent they aint cheap but are well made got mine from u.s. calvery

The soles on. Mine are worn smooth and the leather needs to be reconditioned. Once I get a new set the olds ones are going off to Danner for some work.

I got ^ good years out of y soles, need to get them resoled, I think the local guy here said $50.

Thinking of going with ripples on them. Given the longevity that has t be the best 200 I ever spent

danner not only resoles them but reworks them look like new....look into Matterhorn boots as good as acaidias i have both danner acadias and matterhorns and i swear by both!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shrockp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got ^ good years out of y soles, need to get them resoled, I think the local guy here said $50.

Thinking of going with ripples on them. Given the longevity that has t be the best 200 I ever spent </div></div> Ripples are worthless in anything other than humping sugar sand tank trails. You have no traction side to side at all.

I'm still using(for work) the Danner Acadia's I bought at the PX in 1996...I bought them for cold weather but liked the sole for urban as well.

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shrockp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got ^ good years out of y soles, need to get them resoled, I think the local guy here said $50.

Thinking of going with ripples on them. Given the longevity that has t be the best 200 I ever spent </div></div> Ripples are worthless in anything other than humping sugar sand tank trails. You have no traction side to side at all. </div></div>

Thanks, I have only used ripples in grass and assorted hard surfaces, may just have to go with the Vibram sole it had to start with then.

I wear my damned gtx's at work. Have been for about 7 years. Great boots and time to resole, depending on what you're trying to do consider whites as well. Damn good boot either way.

Danner will re-craft your boots. Go to their websight and look in the lower r corner. You will find a menu to get your boots redone. Everything from new soles to a complete rebuild including liners and goretex. I have had my super rainforest for about 11 years now, and they just keep getting better.

Have your Danners rebuilt, and ditch those Vibram soles. Airbob only.

never hurts to keep an eye out on ebay. i got a pair of brandnew danners combat hikers for a little over $60 about 3 weeks ago.