• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Danny "Darkeagle" Memorial Shoot

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Reposted from the Tactical Competitions Forum:

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">Its time for the Second Annual Darkeagle Memorial Shoot.

This competition is in honor of the late Danny Shumway who
passed away in July of 2005 at an all too early age of 18.</span>
</span>
</span>

He was a remarkable young man with a love for guns and shooting.

He was one of the first Snipers Hide members - going by the handle "Darkeagle" (member #260) and enjoyed learning and sharing here.

Danny traveled with his father (deadeye on the Hide) participating in many competitions:

At age 16 he won 1st place as Grand Aggregate winner at the Spirit of America F-Class Fullbore Rifle Prone Match and Sierra Bullets Individual Match at the NRA Whitington Center 2003 - Raton , New Mexico

Earned the NRA Distinguished Expert Award in BOTH left and right handed 3 position small bore rifle.

Age 17 took 1st place USMC High Civilian Shooter at the Carlos Hathcock Match , New Jersey ; 2004 (and was higher than the Top Marine score as well)

He also competed in NYS Rifle and Pistol Association events; placing 1st place in the Junior Open Site competition and named the NYS Sporter Rifle High Male Junior 2 years straight.

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to the top three scores as well as random drawing door prizes.
</span></span></span>

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-size: 11pt">
Saturday JULY 16th, 2011

Registration starts at 10am - Match Fee: $10

200 Yard F-Class Style - Both classes will be combined.

Community Conservation Club Odessa, NY

Contact Scott Woodward by PM with any questions (STP on the Hide)</span></span>

Re: Danny "Darkeagle" Memorial Shoot

If anyone needs gear or even a rifle and ammo to use and wants to join in the fun, speak up now. There`s no better match to get aquainted with F-Class than than this one. We have plenty of help to offer. Who knows,you could be top shooter your first time out! Ask AJ about that!
wink.gif

We will be shooting a bit farther than 200yds this time. So bring plenty of sighters.

Regards,

Scott

Just to be clear, it will be further than 200yds, and a bit less than 250yds. Our sighter rounds will have a bit more importance...an additional click or two <span style="font-style: italic">up </span> is all we need. Per usual, we will have more than enough time to get "on" prior to going for score. No worries...
wink.gif

Scott

...viddles will be served too. Meatballs and Sloppy Joe`s with soda and bottled water in the fridge, and coffee too.

I`ll bring large rawhide bone for Duke too, so your water bottles will be safe
laugh.gif

Scott

Mowing is complete as of today. The range looks like an enormous putting green. (No clubs allowed!)

The weather looks to be ideal for a number of perfect scores.
wink.gif

I'll be there, so nobody needs to worry about coming in dead last this time; I've got that covered. It is an accomplishent that I jealously covet!

Greg

I regret that I will be unable to make it this time due to a family commitment. I was looking forward to participating in this match. Hopefully next year I will get there.

Good luck to all.

Jim

Well, to put a cap on it; I upheld my traditional role to the letter. But none of us who came out should consider ourselves to be the loser. Great time, great people, and I even got to bring my Sweetie along. She loved it too.

Greg