• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes DARPA One-Shot Program

Re: DARPA One-Shot Program

I don't know how they are going to be able to read different wind zones off the reflection, but they are DARPA.

Kinda makes you want to ask what the hoopla about Phase 1 is all about.

I do hope they figure out how to execute HUD technology within the sniper scope--lots of good capabilities there to include adding BFT, adjusting reticle to conditions/ammo, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CubeWarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda makes you want to ask what the hoopla about Phase 1 is all about.

I do hope they figure out how to execute HUD technology within the sniper scope--lots of good capabilities there to include adding BFT, adjusting reticle to conditions/ammo, etc. </div></div>

They already have done some of what you're asking. Read page 3-4 of this PDF to see what ha...for in Phase 2E

Wow, what a development that would be! I could totally see smart bullets in the very near future, especially given the 50 cal. platform gives plenty of bullet space for high tech electronics.

I hope the US is smart enough not to sell this technology (if achieved) to other countries, allied or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice prices on that gear. I guess I'm not going to get that setup for Christmas.
</div></div>

Maybe one will end up on the bash prize table.

I can see in the near future there will be very little skill involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GB213</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can see in the near future there will be very little skill involved. </div></div>

Or any humans for that matter.

talon-swords-03.jpg

Terminator3-07.jpg

terminator-41.jpg

Wow! Only 7 million for 15 units. I think they have them cheaper at Big lots.