• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Data Books

joshuae2

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2011
North West Florida
I am new to the long range shooting world. I am trying to gather some of the gear that I will need. There are so many data books out there with different kinds of pages. I am wondering if there is a good one for beginners, or if you just have to find one that works for you. would it be just as good to get a small notebook and not purchase a data book.

Re: Data Books

I made my own to start with. I found a website and downloaded all the pages. I have decided to buy one from impact now that i know what pages i want. I can customize it at there website. I do still use a notebook as well though. More for a journal, of the overall picure, and the data book for the shooting.
If you start searching data book, you will have plenty to read, and decide for yourself

impact or Storm, both have really good instructions, and both will serve you well, getting into the habit of logging every round sent down range is the hard part

Unless your eyes are young and sharp-get the regular sized ones.

Storm Tactical or IDB are the best out there hands down. After that its just personal preference on layout, as the data you are logging is basically the same.

We have some very affordable Data Books to get you started. For the price of dinner you can get a book that will last a year or more. Our books are also the easiest to use (based on shooter feedback), and are used by many top schools for instruction. Each book comes with a CDROM containing a 21 page User Manual to show you how to fill out the pages, as well as unlimited free printable targets sized for 8.5x11" paper, and the printable targets match the Data Book pages. Some of the targets are also scaled in MIL or MOA so you can understand your reticle, and learn range estimation and can actually make sure your reticle is calibrated.

We have donated hundreds of books to www.AmericanSnipers.org (about 150 books last week alone), and we are the official Data Book supplier for them, so your purchase also goes to a good cause.

http://www.stormtactical.com

Some comments:
http://www.stormtactical.com/comments.htm

Basic video (4+ few years old, but it gets the basic idea across, we have better cold bore and other pages in the books now).
Quick Storm Tactical Data Book Video

If interested, email me with any questions, we can get you fixed up. Mark

Either Impact or Storm. You can't go wrong with either one. I have an Impact book but have pages from both companies. Nomad (Impact) and Storm Tactical (Storm) post on here frequently and are great to deal with. Give both of them a call and discuss what you want. I would be willing to bet both of them will answer any question you have and have products that will do exactly what you want. Don't forget to get a good cover for the book whichever you get.

I bought a storm book at the american sniper table at SHOT last week. Acquainted myself with it on the flight home. Realized I should have bought several more.

To keep costs down as a beginner I started out w a Voodoo tactical and it worked out great. I have since purchased a Impact for a little more money... and you know the ole saying... You get what you pay for.

I am ordering an Impact Data Book and a cover for it from Triad Tactical. I love how you can customize it for your particular needs. Ive also heard good things about Storm Tactical, but my local range the Impacts seem to be more common.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: minutiae</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a storm book at the american sniper table at SHOT last week. Acquainted myself with it on the flight home. Realized I should have bought several more. </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words, that book is a lot of bang for the buck. If you want more, the 150 or so donated ones we had on the tables with the clear 'diamond plate covers' are the 70LB paper book.

http://www.stormtactical.com/70lbpapercoil.htm

We actually just got the 2011 version of that book in, with some more pages, and some updated target pages. We are keeping them the same price ($20), so anyone can afford to properly record and keep their shot data. Its got the same info as our more expensive books, just a little less expensive paper to produce. You won't find a better Data Book for $20, and it comes with the User Manual and free printable targets on CDROM, like all of our books.

All the ones we put on the AmericanSnipers tables at SHOT sold out (like all the previous years). We are honored and humbled to be the official Data Book supplier for that fine organization.

Thanks again for supporting AmericanSnipers with your purchases.

PS Its not about 'us' its about the guys in black shirts below and our warriors overseas! Mark & The Crew

DSCN2933web.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advise. I am currently deployed to Afganstan and i am wanting to get into long range shooting, and I am slowly gathering all the supplies that I will need to do that, once I get home. again thank you for all the advise.

A short video on Impact Data Books www.impactdatabooks.com from SHOT. Tony is a former Marine Sniper and knows his stuff
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZPMV4uXQdw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZPMV4uXQdw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sackett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just ordered the Storm. cant wait to get it. </div></div>

Dave,
Got your order late last night, it went out today. I am in San Diego this weekend, one of the post offices was closed, but I found another one that was open. Mark

got it today! thanks a lot. didnt realize there were so many pages to it. well worth the money. thanks again!

That's the one I got. Love it. The (w)rite in rain paper is nice, as is the cover. CDROM has targets to match the pages, as well as the SH dot drill, ready to print.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Storm Tactical Data book.

IMG_1956.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks for the orders guys! Feel free to PM me for bulk order pricing as well.

We got some more exciting products coming soon!

Mark & The Crew