• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Data cards with tape

Andrew07

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2018
Recently picked up a hawk hill data card and the previous owner had tape stuck to the card which I feel will work better in inclement weather than a erase able marker. Are you guys carrying a roll of tape with you to matches or stacking them up on the card before a match? Just need some ideas

I write my dope on the roll, tear it off, and stick it on the card. I found it easier for me to write it down that way. Take that for what it’s worth though, as I am not a nationally ranked contender. 😂

I keep a roll of blue painters tape + sharpies in my bag and write fresh dope for each stage. Works great, waterproof, easy to read, and cheap.

Reactions: King_beardsly
Tape is the way to go. Sometimes masking tape won't stick in the wet, so in the rain I use gaffers tape and a silver sharpie.

There's lots of good uses for tape at a match and some you might not expect. One time I saw 2 shooters DQ on a holdover stage right in front of me. They just instinctively reached up to dial between shots. I quickly put a piece of tape over my turrets to dummy proof it.

One time I saw 2 shooters DQ on a holdover stage right in front of me. They just instinctively reached up to dial between shots.

Damn, did they get DQ'ed from the match or just from the stage?

Anyway, I keep a length of painter's tape on a section of 1/2" PVC so I don't have to tote an entire roll around with me. I ran a piece of 550 cord through it so my Sharpie can clip to it.

Reactions: STex
I roll lengths of tape around my tripod leg sections
I make 3 x 5 cards with varying DA data and wrap them in clear packing tape... This allows me to use a grease pencil, white board marker or Sharpie on them during a stage.

I use a rite in the rain note pad for notes. I fill ten pages with yellow painters tape, pre cut to fit my card. I refill at night.

I keep a roll of painters tape in my pack and use it and a sharpie. I use a new piece for each stage.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great suggestions I’m gonna try a few and see what works best for me.

I carry the roll of tape. If I have to write dope out before the match I'll stick the tape for each stage onto wax paper, then peal it from the was paper and put it on the data holder before the stage.

Tape. even a post it note works well. I’ll write out my door for the stage on a post it and then stick it to my data card and then when I’m done I can take it off and post it inside that stage brief in my match book to go back and look at later for comparison. Either way works.

Last edited:
Hopefully @Andrew07 doesn't mind, but while we're on the subject, which do you like better, the Spuhr mount or the picatinny? Obviously I could use either on my rifle...

Reactions: Andrew07
Damn, did they get DQ'ed from the match or just from the stage?

Anyway, I keep a length of painter's tape on a section of 1/2" PVC so I don't have to tote an entire roll around with me. I ran a piece of 550 cord through it so my Sharpie can clip to it.
Can you post a picture of your setup?

Layers of painters tape dog eared on my wrist coach and write dope for each stage. Peel off and discard after the stage, like Nascar screen protectors.