• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Dave Ramsey is a Fag

Re: Dave Ramsey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Little known fact is that after Dave Ramsey became a millionaire again, he went back and repaid all his creditors from his bankruptcy.

Somebody tell me how they can hold that against him. A rich guy with some integrity as well, hmmm.

His advice in his books goes a lot deeper than just a "don't buy what you can't pay for" message. He goes into creating a multiple step program for getting out of debt, an easy plan that people can stick to. My wife and I are on the plan and doing really well. Won't be long and we'll have only the house payment.

Branden</div></div>
And he also teaches about investing, the ins and outs of what methods produce the greatest gain.
He is probably one of the best sources for well rounded financial advice. He is very blunt but honest. He will tell you in his training seminars / videos, things that you should do and should not do and why and then give you the facts to back it up.
We have almost finished his 13 week course and we are armed with a common sense plan to help us get out of debt. This economy has slowed our ability to get out of debt quicker but we are headed in the right direction and I sure as heck will not go backwards and further in debt.
My dad's a highly respected, retired, conservative banker and has been listening to him for years and he has echoed his priciples every since he has been on the air and that further confirms with me that Dave has some good advice.
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His advice in his books goes a lot deeper than just a "don't buy what you can't pay for" message. He goes into creating a multiple step program for getting out of debt, an easy plan that people can stick to. My wife and I are on the plan and doing really well. Won't be long and we'll have only the house payment.</div></div>

Did just that years ago. Bought a new house six years ago. Have almost as much equity as debt. At current rate will be mortgage free in in another six.

His advice worked for me. We used to get credit card bills that were so long that the credit card company couldn't fold them and had to put them in huge envelopes. I was a business major in college, but couldn't get control of things and my "system" didn't work well with human nature.

We started the Dave Ramsey plan in the fall of 2006 and within a couple years we are debt free. We now only spend money we have and we're doing awesome. It's a common sense system, but changing habits is hard, not everyone can do it. Most that don't like him just are ultimately unhappy with their financial situation and don't have the discipline to get things under control.

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I find most amazing is that he is a millionaire today for giving financial advice that is on par with 'never let the muzzle cover anything that you don't intend to destroy'.

Really? Is that where we are as a society? Is there is such a shortage of common sense in this country that if you can dispense a little, you can have seven or eight figures to your name?

Or is it that we have a nation that may intellectually know the common sense answer but because we have been coddled to death we need a professional handholder / cheerleader?

Good luck

ps - we've all got some food / water / gas / spare parts set aside - right? (Some more of that common sense stuff)
</div></div>

You live in Oregon , home of the stupid Libtard and your asking about common sense ?? LMAO

If you think he's not compassionate...I'm just curious what you would say to someone who calls in and says they have $80,000 in credit card debt, they're behind on their rent, has $30,000 in student loans, $25,000 in car payments, but they want a new flat screen tv because they are planning on buying a $300,000 home. Oh Dave by the way me an my wife have a combined salary of $50,000.

Ha I would say...just walk out in front of a train. Really?

I mean really this is just entertainment like someone said...if you listen to the radio and get a real message from it...God bless you!!! Most of what he says is below common-sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You live in Oregon , home of the stupid Libtard and your asking about common sense ?? LMAO </div></div>

50% of the population of Oregon lives in the Portland/Metro area. They swing our politics liberal. For what it's worth, there is a lot of Oregon outside of Portland
wink.gif

Here's my take on Dave.

Like some others, he's the kind of guy who's absolutely right, but some of us just wish he wasn't.

I know he's right. I know doing what he teaches would work for me.

I'm just not quite there yet. I'm the drunk who's not willing to admit he has a problem yet. When I am Dave will be there to show me the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His advice worked for me. We used to get credit card bills that were so long that the credit card company couldn't fold them and had to put them in huge envelopes. I was a business major in college, but couldn't get control of things and my "system" didn't work well with human nature.

We started the Dave Ramsey plan in the fall of 2006 and within a couple years we are debt free. We now only spend money we have and we're doing awesome. It's a common sense system, but changing habits is hard, not everyone can do it. Most that don't like him just are ultimately unhappy with their financial situation and don't have the discipline to get things under control.

Shawn</div></div>
Well said.
........SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just not quite there yet. I'm the drunk who's not willing to admit he has a problem yet. When I am Dave will be there to show me the way. </div></div>

Really well said. Before I was out of debt and before I started the basic system, I hated Dave Ramsey and thought he was stupid. I justified it in that he tells you to pay off the lowest balances first vs the lowest interest rates. That one thing seemed counterintuitive to me so I discounted everything else.

Anyways, when you're ready to get the debt snowball rolling, the system will work.

Shawn

In the words of Chris Ledoux, "Cramming our heads full of figures and angles, telling us stuff that we already know"

He has found a way to sell us an ideal which most of us truly already know. Brilliant marketing. Wish I would have done it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the words of Chris Ledoux, "Cramming our heads full of figures and angles, telling us stuff that we already know"

He has found a way to sell us an ideal which most of us truly already know. Brilliant marketing. Wish I would have done it.</div></div>
Just my opinion and not trying to ruffle feathers;
Knowing/having knowledge is one thing, but having a plan and a step by step system is something not everyone knows how to apply /implement. Dave does teach about that.

Kinda like telling a drunk to stop drinking, even he knows that knowledge.
He just doesnt know the correct steps to take that would lead to success over his adiction and he lacks the tools to complete the process.

I could tell anyone how to be rich; Work your ass off, save your money, only buy what you need to survive, invest a large portion of your savings in mutual funds (conservative ones / low risk). Never take a loan out except for maybe a house. Pay cash or use a debit card for everything but still prefer cash so it will hurt as you see those dollar bills leaving your hand which will make you think hard before spending.
Continue for years this way and you will most likely be wealthy in the near future.

Yes.........I guess many of us have this knowledge but if you want a way more detailed plan...You will have to listen to someone like Dave Ramsey or Crown Ministries or ?????
Just giving some food for thought.
.......SmokeRolls

Yes! How many commercials on TV/Radio do you see telling you to have a credit card, buy a new Car/truck/suv/motorcycle/toy? How many commercials tell you how great this bank or that bank is to do business with? Of those, how many show you their current loan rates for homes or cars? For several decades, our society has been telling us that debt is ok, you have to have good credit. So yes, as a society, many believe that debt is OK. It is not.

I have been in the military for 23 years. I was raised by parents who believed that "if you can afford the payment, you should have it". 7 years ago, I had a mortgage, 2 car loans, 1 boat loan, 1 motorcycle loan, and credit card debt. My wife and I totally changed our approach to money, without Dave Ramsey or anyone else. Today, I consider us debt free. My current home is paid, but I recently bought (with a mortgage) another home for my next move. When I sell the current home, it will pay that home off. It takes a total change of attitude toward money, "stuff", and your future finacial goals.

My wife now listens to Dave Ramsey on the radio while she is working. We had already done most of the things he suggests. I can attest that anyone can be debt free in 3-7 years (if you have and don't lose your job).

I don't know if he is gay, but he does have good advice.