• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

David Tubb .308

Re: David Tubb .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moonshadow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.davidtubb.com/308-precision-ammo-50-rounds

Does anyone have any experience shooting his ammunition? Preferably some range feedback.

And if possible, does anyone out there reload like this?

Many thanks,
-Moon </div></div>

He's using a good scale, like an AccuLab/Denver Instruments jobbie. Otherwise, nothing special with the way he's doing it.

Lots of people coat their bullets and lots of people here use really good scales. Varget is ubiquitous here and Wolf primers are common.

$100 for 50 rounds, with Lapua brass and a plastic ammo box is more than other brands of match ammo using the same bullets, but I guess it wouldn't be too terribly expensive for the non-reloader.

Now, I only have Silver State Armory 6.8spc brass and I've never reloaded that cartridge, but that fact alone, seems like a big difference in value, to me at least.

Lapua brass is what? $70/100? So some of that $100 can be recouped with the Lapua stamp being sold as 1x, but I'm not so sure that holds true with SSA stuff, but maybe I'm wrong and it's really killer brass?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the input. What are the cost's for reloading like this such as for .308 etc.? Especially the coating. Is that a hard process?

Thanks again,
-Moon

.308 F T/R Rifle:

.06 Lapua brass (10 loadings)
.43 Berger 185 LRBT
.13 Varget
.03 Fed 210M Primers
------------------
.65 per loaded round of high quality match ammo.

Powder Valley is a good place to buy components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moonshadow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Chris,

Thanks for the input. What are the cost's for reloading like this such as for .308 etc.? Especially the coating. Is that a hard process?

Thanks again,
-Moon </div></div>

Do you reload? If not, you'll have start up costs anywhere from $400-$800 for either a single stage press and accessories, or a progressive with accessories. Probably more, if you get some of the other 'semi-neccessary' tools.

A box of Lapua 308 brass might set you back $75 with shipping, but say you get 10-15 cycles out of it, that price drops over the lifespan of the cases.

Bullets are disposable, so what...500ct boxes are $145 for the 175 SMKs?

Leaddog got a good price on Federal 210M primers, as I'm at $43 with tax, for a thousand.

Powder for me, in Miami is about ~$24-$26 by the can, so 150 rounds per pound.

Boron-Nitride powder is $20 for a baggie that does lots and lots of bullets and finally, $3 for an ammo box?

Chris

No I don't reload as much as I wish I did. I really want to especially since I am not a millionaire. Right now I would only be reloading for a R700 so it can wait a little. I plan on purchasing a 300 WM next year possible a .338 LM so I will have to start reloading everything before that to save as much $ as I can.

-Moon