• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Dawson Knives Chief model

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
I was recently lucky enough to get a Dawson Knives Chief fixed blade knife and wanted to post some pics and first impressions. First impression was WOW! LOL It's is a very nice knife in fit and finish in both the knife and combo leather/kydex sheath. Knife has a good thickness the whole length and out the tang at about .215" thick. Nice red and black G10 handle also which gives a good grip. I got it with the Arizona Copper Finish but it's available in a clear as well. Knife is very sharp and shaved hair off without an issue. Came boxed up nicely with a certificate of authenticity and care and warranty info including a lifetime sharpening.

Below is the page for the knife if anyone wanted to look at their specs and other pics or other knives. Prices really aren't too bad for a custom knife.

IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3177.JPG
IMG_3178.JPG

Yeah I thought it looked interesting. They explain it under their FAQ.

Q. Is the Arizona Copper finish painted on?
A. No, they are not painted on. We developed our Arizona Copper finish over months of research and experimentation with our heat-treat process. What you see is the color and texture of the raw steel itself. Each is completely unique, requiring a significant amount of skill and time to achieve.

I was also gifted a Dawson Knife from some amazing people and damn it's one sexy bitch! Sharp as hell, feels amazing in my hand and looks amazing. The holster is beautiful as well. And damn that finish is gorgeous!!!

I went with the Copper Canyon with the Copper Finish

I met Barry at a gunshow in Abq, NM...back 02/03(?)....great guy.
I now have 4 Dawsons...non of them are fancy, and it looks like two arent made anymore.

Reactions: Rob01 and 1J04